Protein Uptake Supps

Jorsn

Awards
  • Established
Is there such thing as a supplement that helps with protein uptake? I know there is ECDY which was less than impressive.

uvawahoowa

Awards
Is there such thing as a supplement that helps with protein uptake? I know there is ECDY which was less than impressive.
You mean to increase protean absorption?

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
EAS methoxy factor HP

Or good ol Phyto testosterone for 4-hydroxy leucine and methoxy isoflavone

However I am not so sure its worth the value...

-Matt

Jorsn

Awards
  • Established
You mean to increase protean absorption?
Sorry. Yes, This is what I meant.

EAS methoxy factor HP

-Matt
Thanks Matt, I'll look into those products.

No, there isn't, unless you have a serious digestive insufficiency, in which case protease would be a good starting point
Well in that case... I'll look into protease. I'm gluten intolerant and have hypothyroidism. So my metabolism sucks and I know i'm eating high quality food but my body just doesn't want to utilize it. On top of that i'm skinny fat, so i'm really working hard to get my macros, training, rest, supplement protocol perfect.

uvawahoowa

Awards
Sorry. Yes, This is what I meant.

Thanks Matt, I'll look into those products.

Well in that case... I'll look into protease. I'm gluten intolerant and have hypothyroidism. So my metabolism sucks and I know i'm eating high quality food but my body just doesn't want to utilize it. On top of that i'm skinny fat, so i'm really working hard to get my macros, training, rest, supplement protocol perfect.
Wouldn't hypothyroidism affect your metabolism and not the ability to absorb nutrients (macro or otherwise?)

Jorsn

Awards
  • Established
Wouldn't hypothyroidism affect your metabolism and not the ability to absorb nutrients (macro or otherwise?)
That's correct. I'm just saying my metabolism sucks. Idk what's causing me from not absorbing nutrients.

I'm getting about 50-60g's of protein and 50-60g's of carbs per meal. I'm seeing no changes in body composition, If anything I feel soft and i've lost a few pounds. So I would like to add a supplement that could help utilize the protein i'm taking in.

uvawahoowa

Awards
EAS Methoxy Factor HP is discontinued.

I'll see if I can find a good deal on Phyto Testosterone.
How do you know you have a problem assimilating protein? Just guessing? The problem is more likely diet and/or training

Jorsn

Awards
  • Established
How do you know you have a problem assimilating protein? Just guessing? The problem is more likely diet and/or training
Becaused I've played with my macros over the last 10 weeks and absolutely no changes. I eat a very strict diet, I'm positive it's not diet. I get multiple sources of protein per meal, multiple sources of carbs, plenty of fiber, good fats. Trying new supplements is my next step.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
All i know is i added more fats to my diet,more tahn i ever have ,but not over kill and im seeing big differences,everywheere.Along with EP amd DAA @ the moment.I dont have a single thing to complain about.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would always suggest taking some digestive/systemic enzymes.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
EAS methoxy factor HP

-Matt
methoxyisoflavone..............................meh.
sheesh i remember 6, 8yrs ago - that was all the rage.

:rolleyes:

protease/digestive enzymes, ftw.

Jorsn

Awards
  • Established

:rolleyes:

protease/digestive enzymes, ftw.
Yes sir... Looked into this stuff and ordered two bottles. I'll give this a try and then go from there.

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Jorsn

I use Multi enzymes from Vitamin Shoppe and PB8 which a great probiotic.

People also report increased appetite from Phyto-testosterone

-Matt

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
methoxyisoflavone..............................meh.sheesh i remember 6, 8yrs ago - that was all the rage.:rolleyes:protease/digestive enzymes, ftw.
Try 10 yrs ago!I just like the appetite stimulating effects...The stuff is costly to make though....-Matt

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
haha those were the days! There was so much crap i cant even remember, phosphagen hp, cytovol, ahh i miss the old school stuff.

Mike

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Then I believe phosphagen XT , with 4-hydroxy isoleucine.

then SWOLE ,,, SAN v12, VPX Plasma Expandor, and my favorite creasol.

-Matt

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
boy, you guys are bringing back such great memories..

(consciously adding up how much i've spent on supps in my lifetime right now..) :bigeyes:

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Anyone interested in logging Phyto-testosterone for 50% off?????

Would be interested in appetite increase, libido, and strength

-Matt

Jorsn

Awards
  • Established
Anyone interested in logging Phyto-testosterone for 50% off?????

Would be interested in appetite increase, libido, and strength

-Matt
OP is interested!

I would want to run it for at least 8 weeks though to really see if I notice anything.

Jorsn

Awards
  • Established
Matt,

Phyto-Testosterone is sort of an old formula. Is there anything you would add to it to make it for effective?

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Matt,

Phyto-Testosterone is sort of an old formula. Is there anything you would add to it to make it for effective?
Its old but people still really like it,

I would personally add some echinacea with it to further increase appetite.

-Matt

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
I am not being a smart ass but exercise. I'm not telling you to exercise but rather it has powerful nutrient repartitioning effects

I have also heard from bodybuilding friends eating mixed protein sources helps. Like chicken and steak rather than one or the other. I was told they have different amino profiles and together your getting a more complete nutrition source than one or the other alone..... Take that with a grain of salt it may very well be bro science, I however have no argument to eating CHICKEN AND STEAK in one meal, I use it more as an excuse.

Jorsn

Awards
  • Established
I am not being a smart ass but exercise. I'm not telling you to exercise but rather it has powerful nutrient repartitioning effects

I have also heard from bodybuilding friends eating mixed protein sources helps. Like chicken and steak rather than one or the other. I was told they have different amino profiles and together your getting a more complete nutrition source than one or the other alone..... Take that with a grain of salt it may very well be bro science, I however have no argument to eating CHICKEN AND STEAK in one meal, I use it more as an excuse.
Believe me man, I've got the basics covered. I train 5 days a week and do cardio 3 days a week. It's just one of those genetic factors.

As far as protein... I always get at least 3 protein sources in each meal. Chicken, Beef, Eggs, Black beans or Chicken, Fish, Eggs, Black beans. I also get carbs from multiple sources.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Awesome. A lot of times I answer questions for those who may be reading the thread with the same question later. I believe you have the basics covered. Simply trying to provide information.

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am not being a smart ass but exercise. I'm not telling you to exercise but rather it has powerful nutrient repartitioning effectsI have also heard from bodybuilding friends eating mixed protein sources helps. Like chicken and steak rather than one or the other. I was told they have different amino profiles and together your getting a more complete nutrition source than one or the other alone..... Take that with a grain of salt it may very well be bro science, I however have no argument to eating CHICKEN AND STEAK in one meal, I use it more as an excuse.
This was Paul Borresen thoughts on mixing proteins per meal -- only the WHOLE egg will be adequate of 22 aminos all at once.-Matt

Jorsn

Awards
  • Established
This was Paul Borresen thoughts on mixing proteins per meal -- only the WHOLE egg will be adequate of 22 aminos all at once.-Matt
I actually got the idea from you. I saw you talking about it last year and adopted it into my meals.

Jorsn

Awards
  • Established
Awesome. A lot of times I answer questions for those who may be reading the thread with the same question later. I believe you have the basics covered. Simply trying to provide information.
I appreciate the feedback man. I just added another 20g's of protein and 30g's of carbs to my daily intake. I'll increase it again here in two weeks or so.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
All the proteins listed here are complete with fairly similar AA profiles...

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Chicken is comprised of 17 amino acids and beef 18 amino acids -- combine them and all 23 or so aminos are 'covered.'

Yes chicken and beef are complete proteins since they contain all the EAA's in them.

The whole egg would have all aminos in one shot -- which is why I love the whole egg (cage-free, organic).

Will cook the whites and leave yolks with full integrity by eating them warm/liquid

-Matt