Protein Uptake Supps

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by MattPorter View Post
    What else are you jacked up with currently?-Matt
    Slintensity.

2. I am not being a smart ass but exercise. I'm not telling you to exercise but rather it has powerful nutrient repartitioning effects

I have also heard from bodybuilding friends eating mixed protein sources helps. Like chicken and steak rather than one or the other. I was told they have different amino profiles and together your getting a more complete nutrition source than one or the other alone..... Take that with a grain of salt it may very well be bro science, I however have no argument to eating CHICKEN AND STEAK in one meal, I use it more as an excuse.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by MM11 View Post
    I am not being a smart ass but exercise. I'm not telling you to exercise but rather it has powerful nutrient repartitioning effects

I have also heard from bodybuilding friends eating mixed protein sources helps. Like chicken and steak rather than one or the other. I was told they have different amino profiles and together your getting a more complete nutrition source than one or the other alone..... Take that with a grain of salt it may very well be bro science, I however have no argument to eating CHICKEN AND STEAK in one meal, I use it more as an excuse.
    Believe me man, I've got the basics covered. I train 5 days a week and do cardio 3 days a week. It's just one of those genetic factors.

As far as protein... I always get at least 3 protein sources in each meal. Chicken, Beef, Eggs, Black beans or Chicken, Fish, Eggs, Black beans. I also get carbs from multiple sources.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Jorsn View Post
    I always get at least 3 protein sources in each meal.
    wow very nice.
    man after my own heart.

5. Awesome. A lot of times I answer questions for those who may be reading the thread with the same question later. I believe you have the basics covered. Simply trying to provide information.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by MM11 View Post
    I am not being a smart ass but exercise. I'm not telling you to exercise but rather it has powerful nutrient repartitioning effectsI have also heard from bodybuilding friends eating mixed protein sources helps. Like chicken and steak rather than one or the other. I was told they have different amino profiles and together your getting a more complete nutrition source than one or the other alone..... Take that with a grain of salt it may very well be bro science, I however have no argument to eating CHICKEN AND STEAK in one meal, I use it more as an excuse.
    This was Paul Borresen thoughts on mixing proteins per meal -- only the WHOLE egg will be adequate of 22 aminos all at once.-Matt

7. Quote Originally Posted by MattPorter View Post
    This was Paul Borresen thoughts on mixing proteins per meal -- only the WHOLE egg will be adequate of 22 aminos all at once.-Matt
    I actually got the idea from you. I saw you talking about it last year and adopted it into my meals.

8. Quote Originally Posted by MM11 View Post
    Awesome. A lot of times I answer questions for those who may be reading the thread with the same question later. I believe you have the basics covered. Simply trying to provide information.
    I appreciate the feedback man. I just added another 20g's of protein and 30g's of carbs to my daily intake. I'll increase it again here in two weeks or so.

9. All the proteins listed here are complete with fairly similar AA profiles...

10. Chicken is comprised of 17 amino acids and beef 18 amino acids -- combine them and all 23 or so aminos are 'covered.'

Yes chicken and beef are complete proteins since they contain all the EAA's in them.

The whole egg would have all aminos in one shot -- which is why I love the whole egg (cage-free, organic).

Will cook the whites and leave yolks with full integrity by eating them warm/liquid

-Matt
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-20-2006, 09:51 PM
  2. Protein fact's new acne supp
    By Max32 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-20-2006, 02:48 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-01-2002, 06:06 PM