Is Protein Customizer making a comeback?

Baby Huey

Awards
In a thread earlier this week, Customizer (Dave Rosland) hinted that he was going to start selling protein direct again. Anyone have any details?

sawastea

Awards
Rumor has it, he'll be in the biz soon. The only deal is that he will not make customed formulas for individuals, but rather set up preset-custom formulas that you can order. Kind of like True Protein. Again, that is a rumor

Baby Huey

Awards
Rumor has it, he'll be in the biz soon. The only deal is that he will not make customed formulas for individuals, but rather set up preset-custom formulas that you can order. Kind of like True Protein. Again, that is a rumor
I think that would make a lot more sense, business-wise. I think the whole customization thing is kinda senseless for most people. If you have several different "house blends", everyone should be able to find something close to the blend they want, and it makes things a lot easier for the seller.

sawastea

Awards
I think that would make a lot more sense, business-wise. I think the whole customization thing is kinda senseless for most people. If you have several different "house blends", everyone should be able to find something close to the blend they want, and it makes things a lot easier for the seller.
That's my line of thought as well :drunk:

Customizer

Black Star Labs
Awards
it's not just that (but yes you hit it dead on), once the FDA has their way, by next spring no one will be doing custom blends anymore unless they are in complete defiance of the FDA which my sources say is a real bad idea

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
are you serious, the fda just doesnt give up do they.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wonder if not allowing custom protein blends will spill over into custom anything, i.e. bulk powders.

Customizer

Black Star Labs
Awards
it's not that they have some specific agenda against custom blends or anything, they are going to require all supplements to have to be produced (fully) in a GMP compliant facility. In the end this is a good thing, those facilities will be held liable for what is on the label of the supplement meeting what is actually inside the bottle, they will also be held accountable for supplements complying with DSHEA. This unfortunately means a lot of the newer supplements may no longer be available as they are not naturally occuring, rather they are adulterated substances. You can read more on this at the link below. I can't say for sure but we may even lose things like creatine ethyl ester as I don't think it is found in nature in that form mono will be fine though as it was sold prior to 1994.

Needless to say a lot of industry wide shake-ups will occur, companies will fold, especially the small operations possibly working in a garage or worse, there will be an enormity of back-up at GMP compliant facilities to turn product out, lead times and therefore pricing will skyrocket because it can. Luckily for me I have this all planned for and taken care of. I certainly wouldn't want to be an operation that didn't plan for this though unless it's merely a hobby for some, but for me this is my living.

http://www.fda.gov/OHRMS/DOCKETS/98fr/2004n-0458-bkg0001.pdf

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hopefully there are other manufacturers such as yourself out there. Thanx for informing us.

Baby Huey

Awards
Customizer,

Can you give us any details about the new operation? When will it open? What's the name? Prices? Products? We need to know!

Lanceromance

Awards
they are going to require all supplements to have to be produced (fully) in a GMP compliant facility
The only thing I'm worried about this is that the larger supplement companies will use this to eliminate competition. Leaving only the super big boys to cash in.

size

Awards
  • Established
Customizer.......are you guys going to have an MRP?

biggjohn

Banned
Awards
The only thing I'm worried about this is that the larger supplement companies will use this to eliminate competition. Leaving only the super big boys to cash in.
It seems like legislation always helps the bigger companies in these cases.

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
Just got an e-mail anouncing their "Grand Re-opening." Checked out the web site, and while its basic, it looks descent. They have some interesting carb powders listed.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Yup I just got the email too. I love their protein, and I'm glad to see them back.

StealthRapt0r

Awards
i can't wait till they have protein in bulk again