1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.96%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by EllieHarrison
    Creatine makes your muscles look bigger because of increased water absorption. Once you stop taking creatine, the excess water will disappear.

Ellie

2. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36%

Quote Originally Posted by uvawahoowa

The effects of creatine are far more than temporary aesthetics
    I was going to say something similar.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.96%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Where did I make ANY blanket statements with respect to beta-alanine

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    What? Beta-alanine has an incredible body of evidence showing increases in performance, exercise capacity, body composition, and even longevity. Just because it didn't work for your particular phenotype does not make a blanket statement like that even close to accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Beta-Alanine was one of THE MOST worthless over-hyped supp out there. Besides feeling like I has spiders crawling under my skin for hours on end, it didn't do a darn thing for me ergogenically

Creatine on the other hand (in several different forms) has been great for me for many years (heck, decades).

These days, I reserve it for when I'm cutting and attempting to maintain any sport of a pump and muscle fullness (especially given the fact I'm a low carber).
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
    •   

4. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36%

All i know is, what works for one doesnt for another, necessarily.This is why i like a mixture of science and personal hands on knowledge...
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.96%

Amen brudah
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
  6. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.57%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Beta-Alanine was one of THE MOST worthless over-hyped supp out there.
    Right there.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  7. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36%

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

Right there.
    Cooper,but who is to say its suppose to work for 100% of ppl?

Ive heard ppl say they have uaed creatine and havent noticed anything,which i find hard to believe,but everyone is diff.

Just like u said u used APE and it did jack,yet **** loads of ppl swear its top of the line....
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.62%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Jay888999 View Post

Ive heard ppl say they have uaed creatine and havent noticed anything,which i find hard to believe,but everyone is diff.

Just like u said u used APE and it did jack,yet **** loads of ppl swear its top of the line....
    Lol I would never have APE...got my reasons why, but one of them is that I don't trust the "blood results".
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  9. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.57%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Right, which is why I said this:

What? Beta-alanine has an incredible body of evidence showing increases in performance, exercise capacity, body composition, and even longevity. Just because it didn't work for your particular phenotype does not make a blanket statement like that even close to accurate.
  10. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36%

Right, which is why I said this:
    Fair enough
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  181 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Lol I would never have APE...got my reasons why, but one of them is that I don't trust the "blood results".
    What about the "blood results" makes you immediately dismiss it's effectiveness, without ever trying it? I really enjoyed the product when I took it, even after you told me it was a "garbage supplement."
    Purus Labs Natural Phenomenon
    randall@thesquatjedi.com
    www.puruslabs.net
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.62%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Randoja View Post
    What about the "blood results" makes you immediately dismiss it's effectiveness, without ever trying it? I really enjoyed the product when I took it, even after you told me it was a "garbage supplement."
    Haha because I doubt it completely and like I said , my reasons remain my own. If you loved it good for you, I know many people who swear by many things and well...Labs and analysis tell a different story ! I know this lifestyle also requires empirical and not only scientific research...but I place my bets on the scientific portion rather than the empirical in almost 100% of my decision. That won't change haha.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.96%

Beta-Alanine was one of THE MOST worthless over-hyped supp out there. Besides feeling like I has spiders crawling under my skin for hours on end, it didn't do a darn thing for me ergogenically

Creatine on the other hand (in several different forms) has been great for me for many years (heck, decades).

These days, I reserve it for when I'm cutting and attempting to maintain any sport of a pump and muscle fullness (especially given the fact I'm a low carber).
    Right there.
    Errrrr THAT's a blanket statement? Where I come from, that's called a PERSONAL OPINION......aka FEEDBACK based on MY "personal" expeirence

A RARE comodity around these parts with all the sell-your-soul pimpping REPS
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.96%

Uh oh - you just made a BLANKET STATEMENT

LOL

15. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  181 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62%

Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Haha because I doubt it completely and like I said , my reasons remain my own. If you loved it good for you, I know many people who swear by many things and well...Labs and analysis tell a different story ! I know this lifestyle also requires empirical and not only scientific research...but I place my bets on the scientific portion rather than the empirical in almost 100% of my decision. That won't change haha.
    Fair enough.
    randall@thesquatjedi.com
    www.puruslabs.net
  16. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36%

Quote Originally Posted by Whacked
    Uh oh - you just made a BLANKET STATEMENT

LMAO
    Lol,yes i technically did. Dont shoot me!!! :'(
  17. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36%

Errrrr THAT's a blanket statement? Where I come from, that's called a PERSONAL OPINION......aka FEEDBACK based on MY "personal" expeirence

A RARE comodity around these parts with all the sell-your-soul pimpping REPS
    It is rare,i know ,besides u i voice my opinion with no problems.A lot of ppl worry about fitting in,instead of saying what they feel. Like i have said,i have had plenty of **** supps,plenty man.. The few i have had success with,i stick with.. a few pre workouts and a few other supps.Overall this supplement industry is a huge business and like anything is full of scammers. Just have to weed them out.Unfortunatley,its through trial and error man.
    Bro science is frowned upon,but i think u need both when giving an opinion on a supplement.Most ppl run with the masses and just say this works and that works,but have no fkn clue. If something is bogus and aint do dick for me,ill make it known. A guy like Cooper has used plenty through trial and error,so i def value his opinion.
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.01%

Yeah, it is a blanket statement, whether you intended that or not. Perhaps what you meant to say was something more along the lines of, "I feel that beta-alanine was one of the most worthless, over-hyped . . . ", or, "For me, beta-alanine was one of the most worthless . . . " But to simply say it WAS one of the most worthless, over-hyped supplements ever is indeed a blanket statement, and a statement of fact rather than opinion.
  19. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.57%

Errrrr THAT's a blanket statement? Where I come from, that's called a PERSONAL OPINION......aka FEEDBACK based on MY "personal" expeirenceA RARE comodity around these parts with all the sell-your-soul pimpping REPS
    If someone goes and calls a supplement worthless and overhyped, there is generally something to it beyond basic anecdote. Maybe I misinterpreted your writing, but it looked to me like you were discrediting it from a science perspective (overhyped generally means that the advertising is not in line with the science). Anyway, you're good in my books. The industry needs more skeptics if anything.

And not every supplement rep is evil
  20. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36%

If someone goes and calls a supplement worthless and overhyped, there is generally something to it beyond basic anecdote. Maybe I misinterpreted your writing, but it looked to me like you were discrediting it from a science perspective (overhyped generally means that the advertising is not in line with the science). Anyway, you're good in my books. The industry needs more skeptics if anything.

To me over hyped means that something is highly praised and not as effective as ppl make it...There are a million ways ppl can interpet anything. Why am I the only ome who gets what he means?? Makes no sense to me.
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.96%

Come on manggg,....what are you the grammar police?

I didn't "mean to say" jack. I said what I said and meant what I said.

I'm not trying to remain political. I'm trying to participate in a forum where others view others' opinions about supplements and decide if that particular supplement is worthy of spending their hard-earned cash on or not.

Candid posts like mine give readers a chance to see the non-solicited un-hyped side and realize some products STINK at times despite the pimping.

Please don't attempt to put words in my mouth or to speak on my behalf.

I think BA was ....as I said.....completely worthless. I am not 7 billion people - I am ME. That makes my comment an opinion.

According or Dictionary.com, I properly used the word opinion and in context

noun 1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
    2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
    3. the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.
    4. Law . the formal statement by a judge or court of the reasoning and the principles of law used in reaching a decision of a case.
    5. a judgment or estimate of a person or thing with respect to character, merit, etc.: to forfeit someone's good opinion.

I get along with cooper VERY VERY well - always have and respect the dude and he knows this.

He's still wrong here. So what.

Be well

Quote Originally Posted by chris223 View Post
    Yeah, it is a blanket statement, whether you intended that or not. Perhaps what you meant to say was something more along the lines of, "I feel that beta-alanine was one of the most worthless, over-hyped . . . ", or, "For me, beta-alanine was one of the most worthless . . . " But to simply say it WAS one of the most worthless, over-hyped supplements ever is indeed a blanket statement, and a statement of fact rather than opinion.
  22. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36%

What are you the grammar police?

I didn't "mean to say" jack. I said what I said and meant what I said.

I'm not trying to remain political. I'm trying to participate in a forum where others vew others' opinions about supplements and decide if that particular supplemernt is worthy of spending their hard-earned cash on or not.

Candid posts like mine give readers a chance to see the OTHER wise and realize some products STINK at times despite the pimping.

Please don't attempt to put words in my mouth ro speak on my behalf.

Have they outlawed non-product-endorsing opinions?

I think BA was ....as I said.....completely worthless. I am not 7 billion people - I am ME. That makes my comment an opinion.

Accoridngt or Dixtionary.com, I properly used the word opinion and in context

noun 1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
    2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
    3. the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.
    4. Law . the formal statement by a judge or court of the reasoning and the principles of law used in reaching a decision of a case.
    5. a judgment or estimate of a person or thing with respect to character, merit, etc.: to forfeit someone's good opinion.

I get along with cooper VERY VERY well - always have and respect the dude and he knows this.

He's still wrong here. So what.

Be well
    Fantastic post brotha!
  23. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.44%

Actually most aren't. Some really are though. haha!
    I'm Back...
  24. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36%

Quote Originally Posted by Clickster
    Actually most aren't. Some really are though. haha!
    And your a rep,right? Lol
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.96%

As stated.........see below

Im with ya though. Several REPS are cool as heck and keep it real.

Half/Most have so little shame in their game, it's repugnant.

Actually, it's vomit-forming at times having many of them post on threads especially on their own products.

I "get it". That's their job. BUT -it doesn't make me like it.

26. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  181 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62%

What should I use for PCT when coming off a creatine cycle?
    randall@thesquatjedi.com
    www.puruslabs.net
  27. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.44%

Quote Originally Posted by Randoja View Post
    What should I use for PCT when coming off a creatine cycle?
    haha! Very nice.
    I'm Back...
  28. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.44%

As stated.........see below

Im with ya though. Several REPS are cool as heck and keep it real.

Half/Most have so little shame in their game, it's repugnant.

Actually, it's vomit-forming at times having many of them post on threads especially on their own products.

I "get it". That's their job. BUT -it doesn't make me like it.
    Fair enough. I have always respected your opinion & I understand.
    I'm Back...
  29. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.96%

Back at ya BUT I'll be watching

LOL
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.96%

I'll be the first to admit this thread has gotten out of control. Stupid.

I take responsibility for MY portion of the JAZZ

Lets all move on...........
  31. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.57%

I'll be the first to admit this thread has gotten out of control. Stupid.

I take responsibility for MY portion of the JAZZ

Lets all move on...........
    The de-rail is what made the thread .

Does creatine do anything? Yes.

/thread
  32. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.7%

I love BA and you meanies can't take that away from me!
  33. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.91%

I will say this much. I just started using orotine which is creatine orotate and I love it!
  34. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.96%

Good point LOLOL

The de-rail is what made the thread .

Does creatine do anything? Yes.

/thread
  35. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.01%

Come on manggg,....what are you the grammar police?
    Yes.

And regardless of your respect for Cooper and effort to accuse me of "putting words in your mouth", the fact remains that the misunderstanding between you two was born of your inability to effectively communicate your personal feelings as an opinion. No amount of rhetoric will change that. That's not to say you aren't entitled to an opinion; only that you didn't communicate it as such.
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.06%

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    If you are a heavy meat eater creatine won't have much effect.
    Do you have any idea how many pounds of UNCOOKED meat it takes to reach 5g of creatine? I don't think so.

Hint: you'd have to eat almost 3lbs of raw meat to reach 5g of creatine. Fish i think would be around 1 pound (raw).
    ~ Serious Nutrition Solutions ~
    Revolutionizing Nutrition, AND your body!
    Rhadam [@] seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  37. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.62%

Quote Originally Posted by chris223 View Post
    Yes.

And regardless of your respect for Cooper and effort to accuse me of "putting words in your mouth", the fact remains that the misunderstanding between you two was born of your inability to effectively communicate your personal feelings as an opinion. No amount of rhetoric will change that. That's not to say you aren't entitled to an opinion; only that you didn't communicate it as such.
    Lol let Whacked be , the idea presented in his signature can explain the reason for his theatrics and his posting style. It is ok to try to find oneself a role in a bigger play, for some believe that is the way their voice will be heard. Who's to say it is? Who's to say it isn't? If it be his happiness to enjoy the role of the skeptic lad, or the one of hating everything that does not go along his pantomime...well then who are we but meager men, to try to stop an elder chap to fulfill his heart's desire?
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  38. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.69%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Hmm how about Creatine on cycle? Does it make a difference?
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  39. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'4"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.86%

may have already been mentioned... not everybody responds well to creatine, i don't unless i add that ~100gms of sugary grape juice or similar to it, then it's effects appear nicely.
  40. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.57%

Quote Originally Posted by julius kelp View Post
    may have already been mentioned... not everybody responds well to creatine, i don't unless i add that ~100gms of sugary grape juice or similar to it, then it's effects appear nicely.
    100g of carbs will certainly improve anyone's strength and fullness . Try Magnesium Creatine Chelate if you are a non-responder to monohydrate.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Let's be honest, does Milk Thistle even do anything?
    By Matt Skiba in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-23-2010, 12:04 AM
  2. BCAA, does it do anything?
    By Sprax in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 12:26 AM
  3. Does CLA do anything.
    By theshocker21 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-12-2006, 03:26 PM
  4. Replies: 13