ALCAR vs. LCLT

GETBIGG

Awards
I'm about to start a 50 run of X Factor Advanced along with glycergrow. a lot of people also supplement carnitine with XFA but i was wondering which form, ALCAR or LCLT would be better or is there any difference ? Thanks

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I'm about to start a 50 run of X Factor Advanced along with glycergrow. a lot of people also supplement carnitine with XFA but i was wondering which form, ALCAR or LCLT would be better or is there any difference ? Thanks
Get normal XF , XFA is a pathetic formula IMO. If you however already have it and can't do anything about it:

-2g LCLT
-5-6g GMS
-1-2g ArA (I think it was around 8-10 caps of XFA if I am not mistaken)

Would also benefit from:
-2g COP
-6-9g Citrulline Malate
-1g Agmatine Sulfate.

Reason for LCLT is that it has much more benefits pre-workout, I would however, go with the ALCAR for the sole reason of Focus and better Mind Muscle Connection, yet that is my personal opinion.

GETBIGG

Awards
Get normal XF , XFA is a pathetic formula IMO. If you however already have it and can't do anything about it:

-2g LCLT
-5-6g GMS
-1-2g ArA (I think it was around 8-10 caps of XFA if I am not mistaken)

Would also benefit from:
-2g COP
-6-9g Citrulline Malate
-1g Agmatine Sulfate.

Reason for LCLT is that it has much more benefits pre-workout, I would however, go with the ALCAR for the sole reason of Focus and better Mind Muscle Connection, yet that is my personal opinion.

yeah i bought the XFA not knowing the OG was that much better but owell we'll see what happens. thanks for the tips :)

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
if you decide on alcar look into acetyl by fahrenheit nutrition, use fit10 for 10% off nutra

GETBIGG

Awards
SNS Carries 50 servings of ALCAR of 1g (so 100 capsules per bottle) for 13.95 :D
thats why i posted this because i found that on nutraplanet too when i was buying my GG and was making sure it would work because its a hell of a lot cheaper than LCLT haha

uvawahoowa

Awards
thats why i posted this because i found that on nutraplanet too when i was buying my GG and was making sure it would work because its a hell of a lot cheaper than LCLT haha
Bulk lclt is cheaper...300g for $17 I believe

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
It can be used in conjunction as it provides different benefits, specially when dosed in conjunction with Na-R-Ala
Bulk lclt is cheaper...300g for $17 I believe
Read above statement.

GETBIGG

Awards
It can be used in conjunction as it provides different benefits, specially when dosed in conjunction with Na-R-Ala

Read above statement.
oh ok thanks for clearing things up

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
i enjoy lclt along with daa....

uvawahoowa

Awards
bulk in everthing is cheaper..but can be a hassle if you have lots of prodcuts in bulk.
Bulk lclt is cheaper than bulk alcar, I would assume you could get lclt caps cheaper than alcar caps...but now that I think about it I'm not sure if I've ever seen lclt caps...

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Bulk lclt is cheaper than bulk alcar, I would assume you could get lclt caps cheaper than alcar caps...but now that I think about it I'm not sure if I've ever seen lclt caps...
I imagine price would vary, different products, different benefits from each and also different processes from which they are synthesized :)

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
ive got LCLT caps...there made by Allmax.NOW FOODS makes them as well.

Wasnt saying which is cheaper.But what i meant was,usually bulk of anything is cheaper than pills.

alcar pills more money than alcar bulk.

LCLT pills more money than LCLT bulk..

ETC....... =)

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
ive got LCLT caps...there made by Allmax.NOW FOODS makes them as well.

Wasnt saying which is cheaper.But what i meant was,usually bulk of anything is cheaper than pills.

alcar pills more money than alcar bulk.

LCLT pills more money than LCLT bulk..

ETC....... =)
It will always be that way because of the extra cost from encapsulating the ingredients. But capsules offer convenient and more accurate dosing (unless your weighing each serving out individually which is ridiculously time consuming).

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
1-It will always be that way because of the extra cost from encapsulating the ingredients. 2-But capsules offer convenient and more accurate dosing (unless your weighing each serving out individually which is ridiculously time consuming).

1-i figured it was due too encapsulating,well one of the reasons..

2-That i did not know. Bulk most of the time comes with scoopers,im assuming,in some situations that is.

So are you saying that when you buy bulk its mixed with fillers? so one scoop may not be as efficient as the next? Plus some say 1/2 teaspoon or w.e,and i would assume you cant make an exact assumption if you are getting exactly as recomended.

I have a few things in bulk,with scoopers.I def dont have time to weigh anything.

If i was a pro,then weighing is part of the every day life.Im not and def dont have the time.I do like quick and efficient.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Bulk is definitely a PITA, esp bulk stuff used in bulk :D too many scoops and powders...best to keep the bulk powders to a minimum....ALC has ALWAYS been way more expensive than LCLT...not sure about present day, but it has been like this for years and years previous...comparing caps to caps....

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
So are you saying that when you buy bulk its mixed with fillers? so one scoop may not be as efficient as the next? Plus some say 1/2 teaspoon or w.e,and i would assume you cant make an exact assumption if you are getting exactly as recomended.
No, it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with possible filler ingredients mixed in with the bulk ingredients. What I'm trying to say is: a scooper is not anywhere near as accurate as capsules are. When you're scooping things in mg amounts, or even single gram amounts, there can be a huge variance based on a "full scoop". For example, some scoopers have a "fill line" in them that is part way up the scooper. Filling to that line is the correct serving size, while leveling off the scooper at the top is actually more (or something significantly more) than one serving. Additionally, there can also be variances in how you scoop. Do you pack it in against the side of the container to obtain a full scoop? If so, you might be consuming more than one serving, depending on the density of the powder and the size of the scooper. Ever notice that some bulk supplies don't last quite as long as you expected them to? If so, it might be because you've been consuming more than one serving every time you scoop it (most people won't notice since bulk supplies typically take a while to use).

Now, the margin of error in the scooper (and how you scoop) generally isn't a big deal, but if you're dealing with specific nootropics or stimulants, it certainly can be.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
No, it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with possible filler ingredients mixed in with the bulk ingredients. What I'm trying to say is: a scooper is not anywhere near as accurate as capsules are. When you're scooping things in mg amounts, or even single gram amounts, there can be a huge variance based on a "full scoop". For example, some scoopers have a "fill line" in them that is part way up the scooper. Filling to that line is the correct serving size, while leveling off the scooper at the top is actually more (or something significantly more) than one serving. Additionally, there can also be variances in how you scoop. Do you pack it in against the side of the container to obtain a full scoop? If so, you might be consuming more than one serving, depending on the density of the powder and the size of the scooper. Ever notice that some bulk supplies don't last quite as long as you expected them to? If so, it might be because you've been consuming more than one serving every time you scoop it (most people won't notice since bulk supplies typically take a while to use).

Now, the margin of error in the scooper (and how you scoop) generally isn't a big deal, but if you're dealing with specific nootropics or stimulants, it certainly can be.
for real, scoopers are some inaccurate BOOOOO-SHEET!......but they are a necessary evil if you want to save some CASH$$$$ :D

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards

Why would nootropics have to be dosed so precise? stimulants i wont even ask,thats common sense man.

I always said to myself,when i saw that line that it must be the dose and the extra is added on to just make you blow more money. Techincally i was correct./Like you said depending the case I MAY be over using a product.I will be honest,i still went to the top,cause i honestly knew no better.

Yes, I would more often than not run it along the side..At times i would over fill it then level it off across the top with my finger. I think about all the stuff i possibly wasted.this is a big reason i was sketchy with supplements for alot of years,one of the reasons. its a shady industry,that i know.which is why im picky with brands i use. In general.As of late ive become fond of a few companies.SNS being one along with PES and Purus seems solid..As well as Allmax.ON&some universal, as thats what i basically stuck with through the years i been training.ONce i find something I like,i stick with just that. I dont just waste money on anything.I want what i know is effective and dosed fairly from a solid company.

Ive learned alot over 2 months here at AM. Thanks to guys like you and a solid handful of others who take the time to stop and correct me,educate me or give me kudos for a solid comment.

Thanks for your help,Antihero.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Why would nootropics have to be dosed so precise? stimulants i wont even ask,thats common sense man.

I always said to myself,when i saw that line that it must be the dose and the extra is added on to just make you blow more money. Techincally i was correct./Like you said depending the case I MAY be over using a product.I will be honest,i still went to the top,cause i honestly knew no better.

Yes, I would more often than not run it along the side..At times i would over fill it then level it off across the top with my finger. I think about all the stuff i possibly wasted.this is a big reason i was sketchy with supplements for alot of years,one of the reasons. its a shady industry,that i know.which is why im picky with brands i use. In general.As of late ive become fond of a few companies.SNS being one along with PES and Purus seems solid..As well as Allmax.ON&some universal, as thats what i basically stuck with through the years i been training.ONce i find something I like,i stick with just that. I dont just waste money on anything.I want what i know is effective and dosed fairly from a solid company.

Ive learned alot over 2 months here at AM. Thanks to guys like you and a solid handful of others who take the time to stop and correct me,educate me or give me kudos for a solid comment.

Thanks for your help,Antihero.
I mentioned nootropics specifically with the dosing of certain racetam powders in mind.

Keep in mind, the "fill line" does not apply to all products. It applies to some products and some of the time. You'd have to really weigh it out to see.

And the "overscooping" issue doesn't have anything to do with "shady industry" practices. It's just that there is no other logical way to provide a serving size of powder outside of a scooper. Anything like that will be subject to human error.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I'd go with SNS ALCAR. LCLT may be preferred from a recovery standpoint, but ALCAR confers a ton of other benefits that should not be overlooked.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
I'd take both, 2g LCLT and 1g or so of ALC.....IF ALC didn't keep me awake with eyes wide open all night.
Wow. I can take 2g and go to sleep. I don't get any stim effect from it.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Wow. I can take 2g and go to sleep. I don't get any stim effect from it.
One time over a decade ago, i took it at night...figuring this stuff is supposed to increase test or do this or that....might work better at night....whatever i was thinking.....holy shyt, I was up all night and didn't sleep a wink, couldn't even close my eyes lol. Now even when I take it first thing in the morning, it keeps me up all night...12 hours, 15 hours before sleep, doesn't matter. its not a normal stim effect, its more like a keep you awake/keep your brain working type of thing, I am just 100% alert.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
I wish it had that effect on me. Would make studying through the night a breeze
I need something for when I take a class with any sort of algebra included :D I like to make simple addition/subtraction mistakes with exponents or numbers, or something stupid like that, as opposed to messing up the complicated stuff. I love it when that happens!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AdelV Supplements 9
Supplements 15
ryane87 Supplements 2
mattys4 Supplements 36
WARBIRDWS6 Supplements 52