Potassium R-Alpha lipoic acid

Bacaveli

Awards
i just ordered 40 grams of K R-ALA and i was wandering how much and how often this would be used.

Lanceromance

Awards
Is that powder. I dunno I use the liquid version.

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
the only liquid version i ahve ever seen was in a mag and it was a ghetto advertisement..lol..how is it working for ya and where did u get it?

Lanceromance

Awards
Can u guys point towards some good info about K R-ALA. I use Geronova Research's K R-ALA and they claim they make everyone else's stuff. Thanks in advance.

swany

Awards
Can u guys point towards some good info about K R-ALA. I use Geronova Research's K R-ALA and they claim they make everyone else's stuff. Thanks in advance.
If you want good info on krala then just research r-ala. Krala just has a higher melting point which is stated on geronovas website.

Mike Donahue (rizzer) does get his stuff from Geronova direct and sells it way way cheaper. People are claiming mike is ripping them off because they order and don't get the stuff for a few weeks or more because he is out of stock on some of the items. When they do get their order, he gives extra. Problem is mikes customer service needs to be improved. He doesn't answer emails...(and I've order thousands of dollars thru him). You have to call him to check on the status. Personally I wouldn't order unless I called him and he told me he actually had it in stock. I tried to tell the guys on avante to just call and get their money back if they don't want to wait and they seemed too lazy. His number is 1-877-311-4442. I suggest going thru paypal because they will act if you don't get your order. I would never pay geronova's prices. As far as I know, Mike does have this item in stock.

Lanceromance

Awards
If you buy from Geronova site it's expensive but where I get it it's really cheap. And I like the liquid form too. I should see about having them sell it in bulk.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
If you buy from Geronova site it's expensive but where I get it it's really cheap. And I like the liquid form too. I should see about having them sell it in bulk.

The liquid version that you linked is $4/gram.
Rizzer's is $1/gram or 0.86/gram depending on how much you purchase. Is there another source that you are talking about?

Lanceromance

Awards
No same place. You can't really compare the price of the liquid to the powder as thier is much more money going into making the liquid if the starting material is powder. I understand that you do save quite a bit buying it like you're talking, but I guess I'm just one of those people that would rather pay a few bucks more and already have it in a capsule and packaged. It just seems to inconvienient to have to deal with messy powders/ tastes/encapsulating, ect. I just thought that if thier was a demand that great that the site mentioned would sell the raw material. I guess they do a lot of work with geronova and if other sites have troubles keeping it in stock then it would work out. I dunno but I appreciate the heads up.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
dont order from www.smi2le.biz there is a thread on avant, that sayas he scammed people and didnt send their stuff
Ive order a few products from Rizzer and he delivers. Like Swany said, his customer service needs to be improved but he ships a quality product and has a good selection of hard to find items. Shipping wasn't as fast as 1fast or custom (ie:Lightning!:)), but it arrived in about 10 days or so.

I will be ordering from him again. The K-R-ALA I ordered from him is working great.

BV

biggjohn

Banned
Awards
What benefits have you guys noticed from using k-r-ala?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I capped up my own pills containing 200mg K-R-ALA/200mg Quercetin/100mg Biotin/200mg Taurine. In addition to its liver-protectant properties, I really think that its helping to mediate insulin levels on the bulking cycle Im currently on. Ive gained a stack of weight and my BF% looks to be about the same. I think that if I were pounding down 4500+ cals a day without it I would have seen a bit more adipose storage.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
BV - that is an interesting stack. Is there a reason that those particular compounds are taken together or are thos just things that you normally take?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Well, I took a look at what Sledge is using in his new GlucophageXR product. k-R-ALA, D-biotin, Quercetin, and then two Quercetin analogs Q3D and Q4D. I wanted to try it on current bulking cycle Im on, but also wanted to homebrew as much as I could (for the hell of it and to save cash).

Quercetin is supposed to have nutrient partitioning properties as well as being a potent anti-oxidant, Biotin helps control blood sugar, and ALA helps mediate insulin sensitivity and is an anti-oxidant also.

Q3D,Q4D, and D-Biotin aren't readily available in bulk so I came as close as I could with what I could find.

While I dont think my homebrew caps are as potent as Sledge's GlucophageXR, they definately seem to be having the effect that I wanted. Im going into my final week of a 1test/4AD/OHT cycle and even with a large caloric intake (4000 - 4800 cals/day) I dont look like I have any more fat on me then when I started. I am also eating very clean, however.

If you read this thread:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19475&highlight=glucophage

You'll see that the Q3D,Q4D, and D-Biotin are an important part of what makes GlucophageXR work the way it does. I think my caps come close in effectiveness, but I havent noticed and extreme blood sugar drops or anything. But then, Im always eating so I really havent had an empty stomach in the past few weeks:)

BV

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
Thanks....that was a great response. This will be interesting during cutting season.

kraftkid

kraftkid

Awards
  • Established
If you want good info on krala then just research r-ala. Krala just has a higher melting point which is stated on geronovas website.

Mike Donahue (rizzer) does get his stuff from Geronova direct and sells it way way cheaper. People are claiming mike is ripping them off because they order and don't get the stuff for a few weeks or more because he is out of stock on some of the items. When they do get their order, he gives extra. Problem is mikes customer service needs to be improved. He doesn't answer emails...(and I've order thousands of dollars thru him). You have to call him to check on the status. Personally I wouldn't order unless I called him and he told me he actually had it in stock. I tried to tell the guys on avante to just call and get their money back if they don't want to wait and they seemed too lazy. His number is 1-877-311-4442. I suggest going thru paypal because they will act if you don't get your order. I would never pay geronova's prices. As far as I know, Mike does have this item in stock.
Swany/BigVrunga,

How do you does it and when do you take it? I'm just using regular R-ALA now, but curious as to your exact use patterns.

swany

Awards
Swany/BigVrunga,

How do you does it and when do you take it? I'm just using regular R-ALA now, but curious as to your exact use patterns.
For over a year I always took 200mgs of krala or rala after each meal along with a Rexall extreme d-biotin tab sold from walmart...I think its 240ct 1500mcg tabs for like 3 bucks. I don't do this after my meal closest to working out for fear of blood sugar levels lowering. make sure you are getting ample ammounts of other B vitamines because biotin competes with those.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I usually take 1cap w/500mg vitamin C with a high-carb breakfast (usually about 60 - 80g carbs, ~30 of those are from fruit juice), one post workout, and one with food close to bedtime.

BV

kraftkid

kraftkid

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the info guys. Swany, you said took, do you not use it anymore?

swany

Awards
Thanks for the info guys. Swany, you said took, do you not use it anymore?
still do.... check out the other thread going on in Designersupps forum. Some new info and I think we need some more knowledgeable people contributing.