Cissus Help

oakmuscle

Awards
I have a chronic back injury. Its most likely a combo of muscle tears, knots, rib head cartilidge tearing, trigger points. I think its mainly a rib head cartilidge/tendon and trigger point issue atm. Anyway I have not lifted in months. Im trying to help with healing as much as I can.

Im taking Glucosamine, MSM and Chondroiton as well as Primaforce Bulk Cissus.

Im reading alot of the anabolic properties of cissus. My question is, is it a complete waste to take this when not lifting? Im using it for its healing properties but when I do get back to the gym I need every advantage I can get. Is this something that is going to lower my natural test levels when im off it? If not im contemplating mega dosing for recovery.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Cissus is not anabolic in skeletal muscle tissue. It is anabolic in BONE. It won't affect testosterone. Megadosing primaforce cissus may not be a good idea for recovery since it is standardized to 40% ketosterones (glucocorticoid antagonist)

Reactions: mw1

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dont think it matters whether you are lifting or not for its injury recovery purposes. I would never consider cissus anabolic though.

Reactions: mw1
Brucega

Brucega

Board Sponsor
Awards
It is not a complete waste to take a joint formula and not be lifting. Many people take them for every day relief. I saw what you brought up that you were taking and I would take a look at Flexible. We have everything that you are taking now along with Halyronic Acid. It is our opinion that this gives a better complete joint support. There are several reviews on the product if you google it also.

Thanks

I have a chronic back injury. Its most likely a combo of muscle tears, knots, rib head cartilidge tearing, trigger points. I think its mainly a rib head cartilidge/tendon and trigger point issue atm. Anyway I have not lifted in months. Im trying to help with healing as much as I can.

Im taking Glucosamine, MSM and Chondroiton as well as Primaforce Bulk Cissus.

Im reading alot of the anabolic properties of cissus. My question is, is it a complete waste to take this when not lifting? Im using it for its healing properties but when I do get back to the gym I need every advantage I can get. Is this something that is going to lower my natural test levels when im off it? If not im contemplating mega dosing for recovery.

oakmuscle

Awards
Cissus is not anabolic in skeletal muscle tissue. It is anabolic in BONE. It won't affect testosterone. Megadosing primaforce cissus may not be a good idea for recovery since it is standardized to 40% ketosterones (glucocorticoid antagonist)

Anabolic in Bone. Would it in anyway cause jaw growth/forhead growth. Lol my jaw/head is big enough thats the reason I want to get huge. Bone growth is the last thing id ever want. Why ill never take HGH. Why is megadosing not a good idea for recovery? Also is it a good idea for my condition anyway?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Anabolic in Bone. Would it in anyway cause jaw growth/forhead growth. Lol my jaw/head is big enough thats the reason I want to get huge. Bone growth is the last thing id ever want. Why ill never take HGH. Why is megadosing not a good idea for recovery? Also is it a good idea for my condition anyway?
No, it will not cause tumor-like growth lol, it will only repair and renew bone tissue at a faster rate. it sounds fine for your condition, but I don't see the point in megadosing

domore

Awards
No, it will not cause tumor-like growth lol, it will only repair and renew bone tissue at a faster rate. it sounds fine for your condition, but I don't see the point in megadosing
What do you think is the optimal time to begin cissus after surgery? I am about two and a half weeks out from surgery. I'm still non-weight bearing for another two and a half weeks, though. I had a conversation with Dewey and he advised about two weeks out.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
What do you think is the optimal time to begin cissus after surgery? I am about two and a half weeks out from surgery. I'm still non-weight bearing for another two and a half weeks, though. I had a conversation with Dewey and he advised about two weeks out.
Two weeks is the general physician's recommendation for most supplements

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Hey Coop, do you think cissus can be used to help someone with osteoporosis (bone thinning)? I have a relative who has been diagnosed with early stages of this and they have been looking for something natural that might prevent or slow down the bone thinning.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd start with 3g
That's how I'm using mine right now and it helps, especially my crappy knees after playing basketball. I've notice that they're not as sore.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's how I'm using mine right now and it helps, especially my crappy knees after playing basketball. I've notice that they're not as sore.
Definitely helping my shoulders.