Supplements to increase mental clarity

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Supplements to increase mental clarity


    I am about as ADD as anyone I know and to top that off have terrible sleep habits. I am trying to finish up my doctorate and am having to take some ridiculous classes. Studying for tests while working 40 hours a week is tough. It seems like the older I get the harder it is to retain information. Long story short what's available (either product or component) that may improve cognitive function (memory, clarity, etc.). I looked at bottled oxygen but I am not sure how long the effects are for. Might be funny going in to take test with a bottle of O2 lol.


  2. I feel this needs to be posted - Me, My Brain, and ALCAR

    ^Besides that, Focus XT + a racetam of choice generally works well
    •   
       


  3. Focus XT (caffeine and caffeine free version available) standalone will provide acute benefits like focus/energy/cognitive benefits and long term benefits such as enhanced recall and retention.

    Stackable with racetam(s), glucuronolactione, ALCAR, and the list goes on...depends how much you want to speed and what you're willing to experiment with to find the right dosage for yourself.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    NomZ[at]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    All posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not reflect the views of SNS.

  4. Anything PEA, as science tends to show that people with ADD or ADHD tend to be low in concentrations of PEA the natural amphetamine neurotransmitter.
    doing my own thang!

  5. Quote Originally Posted by mondata View Post
    I am about as ADD as anyone I know and to top that off have terrible sleep habits. I am trying to finish up my doctorate and am having to take some ridiculous classes. Studying for tests while working 40 hours a week is tough. It seems like the older I get the harder it is to retain information. Long story short what's available (either product or component) that may improve cognitive function (memory, clarity, etc.). I looked at bottled oxygen but I am not sure how long the effects are for. Might be funny going in to take test with a bottle of O2 lol.

    You appear to be a PRIME candidate for AndroDrive and EndoAMP Max...

    AndroDrive is used for its neuro-steroidal effects --- increasing cognitive function and impulse.

    EndoAMP Max contains PS (phophatidyl Serine) which increases memory and learning function and lowers cortisol.

    Perfect for studying, video games, chess, etc.....

    and you know I got discounts...

    -Matt
    •   
       

  6. purebred
    purebred's Avatar

    Piracetam, Choline Citrate and Sulbutiamine would be a nice basic non-biased stack to start with.

  7. I've always liked ALCAR + Ephedrine.

  8. I have some ALCAR and Sulbutiamine on the way. Think I supplement with ALCAR at 1-2 grams daily and then try the Sulbutiamine on exam weeks while I am studying. The racetrams are interesting but they scare me just a bit.

  9. I've had great experiences with ALCAR and Focus XT. The Focus XT Pink Lemonade is tasty and doesn't make me feel stimmed out.

  10. I will throw a Focus-XT into the hat as well. Really nice, inexpensive and effective formulation.

  11. Bacopa Monnieri 20% bacosides extract, this is unbelievable.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas View Post
    I've had great experiences with ALCAR and Focus XT. The Focus XT Pink Lemonade is tasty and doesn't make me feel stimmed out.
    I'm with you on this one.

    Currently stacking FXT (or CF-FXT) + 1g ALCAR + 3g Piracetam, and sometimes a Bronkaid or Primatene for a low dose of ephedrine, or a low dose of Modafinil 50mg for extended periods.

    I used to stack Aniracetam with the above, with or without Piracetam, but either way, Aniracetam just irritates me and causes brain fog.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by deh707 View Post
    I'm with you on this one.

    Currently stacking FXT (or CF-FXT) + 1g ALCAR + 3g Piracetam, and sometimes a Bronkaid or Primatene for a low dose of ephedrine, or a low dose of Modafinil 50mg for extended periods.

    I used to stack Aniracetam with the above, with or without Piracetam, but either way, Aniracetam just irritates me and causes brain fog.
    Cool, I've never messed around with any of the racetams. Although...if I could figure out a dosing schedule, I might give them a try.

  14. Hordenine, PEA alkaloids, piracetam, and to some degree phenibut.

    Black Cats v2
    Focus XT
    RPM helps me during a workout but your asking more versatile use.
    Motivate
    Or any of the bulk powders listed above.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

  15. look into chaotic labz products ....they have some trippy stuff...

    -Matt

  16. ^Rep you when I get home. Chaotic Labz is what's up.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

  17. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    Hordenine, PEA alkaloids, piracetam, and to some degree phenibut.
    I will also go with piracetam and phenibut (at a low dose - 250 or 500mg) Tolerance builds up to phenibut really quickly, but piracteam negates this. Used together they are a wonderful neural stimulator, in my experience. And to jump on the Focus XT bandwagon - its great stuff.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by mondata View Post
    I am about as ADD as anyone I know and to top that off have terrible sleep habits. I am trying to finish up my doctorate and am having to take some ridiculous classes. Studying for tests while working 40 hours a week is tough. It seems like the older I get the harder it is to retain information. Long story short what's available (either product or component) that may improve cognitive function (memory, clarity, etc.). I looked at bottled oxygen but I am not sure how long the effects are for. Might be funny going in to take test with a bottle of O2 lol.

    Theres been alot of talk on AndroDrive by PP that does this. I am not sure how it will go with an ADD person. Ill let someone more knowledgeable on the supplement answer that.
    Performance Labs Product Specialist


  19. Quote Originally Posted by MattPorter View Post
    You appear to be a PRIME candidate for AndroDrive and EndoAMP Max...

    AndroDrive is used for its neuro-steroidal effects --- increasing cognitive function and impulse.

    EndoAMP Max contains PS (phophatidyl Serine) which increases memory and learning function and lowers cortisol.

    Perfect for studying, video games, chess, etc.....

    and you know I got discounts...

    -Matt
    sorry just saw this. ha
    Performance Labs Product Specialist


  20. Quote Originally Posted by zaire2d View Post
    Bacopa Monnieri 20% bacosides extract, this is unbelievable.
    Thanks. I ordered a bottle of this today. Looks like there are several studies to back these claims.

    My brain never stops. I feel like its the matrix inside my head sometime - constant numbers lol. I will definitely be able to tell if any of this helps.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by MattPorter View Post
    You appear to be a PRIME candidate for AndroDrive and EndoAMP Max...

    AndroDrive is used for its neuro-steroidal effects --- increasing cognitive function and impulse.

    EndoAMP Max contains PS (phophatidyl Serine) which increases memory and learning function and lowers cortisol.

    Perfect for studying, video games, chess, etc.....

    and you know I got discounts...

    -Matt
    looking at androdrives ingredients ....it seems to be similar to dermacrine, but higher mg amounts of course....so is androdrive an oral alternative to dermacrine/topicals like it? or are we talking totally different deals. I notice on the PP site it says androdrive is a good adjunct to TRT since it will replenish DHEA and pregnenolone that TRT might decrease. sounds exactly the same as the reason I use dermacrine.....

  22. Quote Originally Posted by WARBIRDWS6

    looking at androdrives ingredients ....it seems to be similar to dermacrine, but higher mg amounts of course....so is androdrive an oral alternative to dermacrine/topicals like it? or are we talking totally different deals. I notice on the PP site it says androdrive is a good adjunct to TRT since it will replenish DHEA and pregnenolone that TRT might decrease. sounds exactly the same as the reason I use dermacrine.....
    You should become either a sponsored athlete or product educator for those guys.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1

    You should become either a sponsored athlete or product educator for those guys.
    Those aholes get you addicted to all this DHEA hormone shyt....you replace test with TRT? Then you gotta replace this and that hormone as well . Don't get old is what I advise. I'm more likely to sue them for taking all my money than to work for them LMFAO : D

  24. I like Focus XT for mental sharpness/acuity. Right now I just got my tub of caffeine free FXT and am taking one dose everyday for a month for the increased benefits and to see how well the continued use will aid in my studies at school right now. I also like Huperzine A and Brain Elevate. If I start getting tired then I like adding 25-50mg of geranium.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep

  25. Quote Originally Posted by mondata View Post
    Thanks. I ordered a bottle of this today. Looks like there are several studies to back these claims.

    My brain never stops. I feel like its the matrix inside my head sometime - constant numbers lol. I will definitely be able to tell if any of this helps.
    I have ADD too, already take methylfenidate, and other drugs, but when I feel it was detrimental to my health I stopped and search for natural drugs for this.

    Bacopa and Gotu kola was the best alternatives for me.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by NomZ
    Focus XT (caffeine and caffeine free version available) standalone will provide acute benefits like focus/energy/cognitive benefits and long term benefits such as enhanced recall and retention.

    Stackable with racetam(s), glucuronolactione, ALCAR, and the list goes on...depends how much you want to speed and what you're willing to experiment with to find the right dosage for yourself.
    Alcar+ caf free focus xt would be my best recommendation. Very versatile and effective.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!

  27. Another supplement that looks promising is CDP-Choline. May give it a go after I try out this current regiment of ALCAR + Bacopa + Sulbutiamine (study days only)

  28. Quote Originally Posted by mondata View Post
    Another supplement that looks promising is CDP-Choline. May give it a go after I try out this current regiment of ALCAR + Bacopa + Sulbutiamine (study days only)
    CDP is great. It's at the top of my list along with ALCAR, Galantamine, Phenylpiracetam, and Aniracetam.

  29. I guess ephedrine and caffeine is either not as fancy or just not as effective as the stuff mentioned here? I mean is it considered outdated or is it just not mentioned because its been around so long?

    I took ****loads of that in college and could study like a mofo on it

  30. Quote Originally Posted by Quadzilla99 View Post
    I guess ephedrine and caffeine is either not as fancy or just not as effective as the stuff mentioned here? I mean is it considered outdated or is it just not mentioned because its been around so long?

    I took ****loads of that in college and could study like a mofo on it
    Acute focus and activation of the reticular system is quite different from enhancing cholinergic transmission and memory formation
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-07-2011, 01:46 AM
  2. supplements to increase melanocytes
    By Shavani in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-27-2011, 04:58 PM
  3. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 11:13 AM
  4. Supplements to increase platelet count
    By freqfly in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-19-2008, 01:56 AM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-30-2006, 01:21 AM
Log in
Log in