Supplements to increase mental clarity

mondata

mondata

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I am about as ADD as anyone I know and to top that off have terrible sleep habits. I am trying to finish up my doctorate and am having to take some ridiculous classes. Studying for tests while working 40 hours a week is tough. It seems like the older I get the harder it is to retain information. Long story short what's available (either product or component) that may improve cognitive function (memory, clarity, etc.). I looked at bottled oxygen but I am not sure how long the effects are for. Might be funny going in to take test with a bottle of O2 lol.

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Focus XT (caffeine and caffeine free version available) standalone will provide acute benefits like focus/energy/cognitive benefits and long term benefits such as enhanced recall and retention.

Stackable with racetam(s), glucuronolactione, ALCAR, and the list goes on...depends how much you want to speed and what you're willing to experiment with to find the right dosage for yourself.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Anything PEA, as science tends to show that people with ADD or ADHD tend to be low in concentrations of PEA the natural amphetamine neurotransmitter.

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am about as ADD as anyone I know and to top that off have terrible sleep habits. I am trying to finish up my doctorate and am having to take some ridiculous classes. Studying for tests while working 40 hours a week is tough. It seems like the older I get the harder it is to retain information. Long story short what's available (either product or component) that may improve cognitive function (memory, clarity, etc.). I looked at bottled oxygen but I am not sure how long the effects are for. Might be funny going in to take test with a bottle of O2 lol.

You appear to be a PRIME candidate for AndroDrive and EndoAMP Max...

AndroDrive is used for its neuro-steroidal effects --- increasing cognitive function and impulse.

EndoAMP Max contains PS (phophatidyl Serine) which increases memory and learning function and lowers cortisol.

Perfect for studying, video games, chess, etc.....

and you know I got discounts...

-Matt

purebred

Piracetam, Choline Citrate and Sulbutiamine would be a nice basic non-biased stack to start with. :)

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've always liked ALCAR + Ephedrine.

mondata

mondata

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I have some ALCAR and Sulbutiamine on the way. Think I supplement with ALCAR at 1-2 grams daily and then try the Sulbutiamine on exam weeks while I am studying. The racetrams are interesting but they scare me just a bit.

Nicolas

Nicolas

Awards
I've had great experiences with ALCAR and Focus XT. The Focus XT Pink Lemonade is tasty and doesn't make me feel stimmed out.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I will throw a Focus-XT into the hat as well. Really nice, inexpensive and effective formulation.

zaire2d

Awards
Bacopa Monnieri 20% bacosides extract, this is unbelievable.

deh707

Awards
I've had great experiences with ALCAR and Focus XT. The Focus XT Pink Lemonade is tasty and doesn't make me feel stimmed out.
I'm with you on this one.

Currently stacking FXT (or CF-FXT) + 1g ALCAR + 3g Piracetam, and sometimes a Bronkaid or Primatene for a low dose of ephedrine, or a low dose of Modafinil 50mg for extended periods.

I used to stack Aniracetam with the above, with or without Piracetam, but either way, Aniracetam just irritates me and causes brain fog.

Nicolas

Nicolas

Awards
I'm with you on this one.

Currently stacking FXT (or CF-FXT) + 1g ALCAR + 3g Piracetam, and sometimes a Bronkaid or Primatene for a low dose of ephedrine, or a low dose of Modafinil 50mg for extended periods.

I used to stack Aniracetam with the above, with or without Piracetam, but either way, Aniracetam just irritates me and causes brain fog.
Cool, I've never messed around with any of the racetams. Although...if I could figure out a dosing schedule, I might give them a try.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Hordenine, PEA alkaloids, piracetam, and to some degree phenibut.

Black Cats v2
Focus XT
RPM helps me during a workout but your asking more versatile use.
Motivate
Or any of the bulk powders listed above.

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
look into chaotic labz products ....they have some trippy stuff...

-Matt

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
^Rep you when I get home. Chaotic Labz is what's up.

TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
Hordenine, PEA alkaloids, piracetam, and to some degree phenibut.
I will also go with piracetam and phenibut (at a low dose - 250 or 500mg) Tolerance builds up to phenibut really quickly, but piracteam negates this. Used together they are a wonderful neural stimulator, in my experience. And to jump on the Focus XT bandwagon - its great stuff.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Theres been alot of talk on AndroDrive by PP that does this. I am not sure how it will go with an ADD person. Ill let someone more knowledgeable on the supplement answer that.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

AndroDrive is used for its neuro-steroidal effects --- increasing cognitive function and impulse.

EndoAMP Max contains PS (phophatidyl Serine) which increases memory and learning function and lowers cortisol.

-Matt
sorry just saw this. ha

mondata

mondata

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Bacopa Monnieri 20% bacosides extract, this is unbelievable.
Thanks. I ordered a bottle of this today. Looks like there are several studies to back these claims.

My brain never stops. I feel like its the matrix inside my head sometime - constant numbers lol. I will definitely be able to tell if any of this helps.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards

-Matt
looking at androdrives ingredients ....it seems to be similar to dermacrine, but higher mg amounts of course....so is androdrive an oral alternative to dermacrine/topicals like it? or are we talking totally different deals. I notice on the PP site it says androdrive is a good adjunct to TRT since it will replenish DHEA and pregnenolone that TRT might decrease. sounds exactly the same as the reason I use dermacrine.....

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
looking at androdrives ingredients ....it seems to be similar to dermacrine, but higher mg amounts of course....so is androdrive an oral alternative to dermacrine/topicals like it? or are we talking totally different deals. I notice on the PP site it says androdrive is a good adjunct to TRT since it will replenish DHEA and pregnenolone that TRT might decrease. sounds exactly the same as the reason I use dermacrine.....
You should become either a sponsored athlete or product educator for those guys.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
You should become either a sponsored athlete or product educator for those guys.
Those aholes get you addicted to all this DHEA hormone shyt....you replace test with TRT? Then you gotta replace this and that hormone as well . Don't get old is what I advise. I'm more likely to sue them for taking all my money than to work for them LMFAO : D

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like Focus XT for mental sharpness/acuity. Right now I just got my tub of caffeine free FXT and am taking one dose everyday for a month for the increased benefits and to see how well the continued use will aid in my studies at school right now. I also like Huperzine A and Brain Elevate. If I start getting tired then I like adding 25-50mg of geranium.

zaire2d

Awards
Thanks. I ordered a bottle of this today. Looks like there are several studies to back these claims.

My brain never stops. I feel like its the matrix inside my head sometime - constant numbers lol. I will definitely be able to tell if any of this helps.
I have ADD too, already take methylfenidate, and other drugs, but when I feel it was detrimental to my health I stopped and search for natural drugs for this.

Bacopa and Gotu kola was the best alternatives for me.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Focus XT (caffeine and caffeine free version available) standalone will provide acute benefits like focus/energy/cognitive benefits and long term benefits such as enhanced recall and retention.

Stackable with racetam(s), glucuronolactione, ALCAR, and the list goes on...depends how much you want to speed and what you're willing to experiment with to find the right dosage for yourself.
Alcar+ caf free focus xt would be my best recommendation. Very versatile and effective.

mondata

mondata

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Another supplement that looks promising is CDP-Choline. May give it a go after I try out this current regiment of ALCAR + Bacopa + Sulbutiamine (study days only)

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Another supplement that looks promising is CDP-Choline. May give it a go after I try out this current regiment of ALCAR + Bacopa + Sulbutiamine (study days only)
CDP is great. It's at the top of my list along with ALCAR, Galantamine, Phenylpiracetam, and Aniracetam.

Quadzilla99

Quadzilla99

Awards
  • Established
I guess ephedrine and caffeine is either not as fancy or just not as effective as the stuff mentioned here? I mean is it considered outdated or is it just not mentioned because its been around so long?

I took ****loads of that in college and could study like a mofo on it

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I guess ephedrine and caffeine is either not as fancy or just not as effective as the stuff mentioned here? I mean is it considered outdated or is it just not mentioned because its been around so long?

Acute focus and activation of the reticular system is quite different from enhancing cholinergic transmission and memory formation

alexy89

Awards
Ginkgo and bacopa work best for mental clarity

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
ok, I googled that **** you just said and I think I understand it. Thanks
hahahaha! I was gonna suggest a "mr cooper translation app" for this board....you plug in what he posts, then it gives you a lay-mans terms result. :D this reminds me of sanford and son, when fred would ask the black police officer to translate what the white police officer said LOL... I am the resident translator of gibberish posting in the anabolic section...but this scientific mumbo jumbo translation is way out of my league :D

Nicolas

Nicolas

Awards

I think EC is still the real deal. Throw in some ALCAR or Focus XT and its a mean study stack.

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
^^

Yellow jackets and dymetadrine extreme circa 2001.......

UNreal......

-Matt

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Im kinda in the ADD club and Aniracetam was way better for me than piracetam. Ani helped me focus in lower doses, sedated me at higher. Piracetam...helped a bit at first, then made my thoughts race even faster. Ashwagahnda is the shiz, especially for evening hours when you need to unwind. ALCAR is very hit or miss for me, though ALCAR-arginate is treating me very well.

Nicolas

Nicolas

Awards
Im kinda in the ADD club and Aniracetam was way better for me than piracetam. Ani helped me focus in lower doses, sedated me at higher. Piracetam...helped a bit at first, then made my thoughts race even faster. Ashwagahnda is the shiz, especially for evening hours when you need to unwind. ALCAR is very hit or miss for me, though ALCAR-arginate is treating me very well.
Can you elaborate on the Ashwagahnda? Does it have a calming effect like Kava or Phenibut...or is it more like an adaptogen?

Thanks in advance.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
Well that is a problem of mine..ADD since i was a kid...I have found just supplementing with Taurine has helped to be honest,alonf with DAA,Carnitine Fumerate and Erase...Just a good sense of well being.I feel sharper and more focused.Especially at work.

I was just thinking about all this about a week ago

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Well that is a problem of mine..ADD since i was a kid...I have found just supplementing with Taurine has helped to be honest,alonf with DAA,Carnitine Fumerate and Erase...Just a good sense of well being.I feel sharper and more focused.Especially at work.

I was just thinking about all this about a week ago
Thank the DAA

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Ive read Taurine as well can help with stimulating the mind with focus and clarity.In what way does DAA help? Why would i contribute my statement rto only the DAA?
Taurine will realistically have no effect. Neither will erase or carnitine fumarate. DAA is an NMDA agonist, which shows evidence of increasing cognitive function.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
Taurine will realistically have no effect. Neither will erase or carnitine fumarate. DAA is an NMDA agonist, which shows evidence of increasing cognitive function.
So then supplementing with this on a reg basis and consistantly can only benefit you,id assume? But being it raises test does that cause a problem with consistant use? Ive heard you say Alcar is great for focus,but that can be used year round?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
So then supplementing with this on a reg basis and consistantly can only benefit you,id assume? But being it raises test does that cause a problem with consistant use? Ive heard you say Alcar is great for focus,but that can be used year round?
I wouldn't extrapolate it that far, as longterm studies are absent. Cycle DAA as you would all supplements. ALCAR can essentially be used year round (I cycle off every 6 months).

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
I wouldn't extrapolate it that far, as longterm studies are absent. Cycle DAA as you would all supplements. ALCAR can essentially be used year round (I cycle off every 6 months).
Excellent..i prefer 2 months on daa and 2 months off.I believe in cycling everything.

Thnx for the advice man

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
SNS Focus XT is the best supplement in this area. I have had great results with it. I have yet to try the Stim-Free version.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
SNS Focus XT is the best supplement in this area. I have had great results with it. I have yet to try the Stim-Free version.
You should, the fruit punch flavoring is delicious.

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I like Rhodiola tooAnyone remember the short lived "first order" beta alanine product? It has rhodiola in it and thought it was great!-Matt

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Have you tried all natural cognitive enhancers? Some herbs help with blood flow to the brain and have the potential to keep your brain into concentrating on the task at hand, increasing alertness and mental clarity. Taking a good focus supplement can give you the discipline you need to become more productive and eliminate distractive tendencies. Try some of these to help you in your efforts: Choline, phoshotidyle serine, aceytyl L-carnitine, gingko biloba, Vitamin B9 or Folic Acid, DMAE, L-cysteine, and rhodiola. Good luck!

domore

Awards
Can we get some good conversation on D-Serine and Sarcosine?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Can we get some good conversation on D-Serine and Sarcosine?
For an acute burst of cognitive function, try the NMDA trio of D-Serine, sarcosine, and DAA along with a potentially synergistic AMPA-based agent: aniracetam.