Supplements to increase mental clarity

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by NomZ
    Focus XT (caffeine and caffeine free version available) standalone will provide acute benefits like focus/energy/cognitive benefits and long term benefits such as enhanced recall and retention.

Stackable with racetam(s), glucuronolactione, ALCAR, and the list goes on...depends how much you want to speed and what you're willing to experiment with to find the right dosage for yourself.
    Alcar+ caf free focus xt would be my best recommendation. Very versatile and effective.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!

2. Another supplement that looks promising is CDP-Choline. May give it a go after I try out this current regiment of ALCAR + Bacopa + Sulbutiamine (study days only)
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by mondata View Post
    Another supplement that looks promising is CDP-Choline. May give it a go after I try out this current regiment of ALCAR + Bacopa + Sulbutiamine (study days only)
    CDP is great. It's at the top of my list along with ALCAR, Galantamine, Phenylpiracetam, and Aniracetam.

4. I guess ephedrine and caffeine is either not as fancy or just not as effective as the stuff mentioned here? I mean is it considered outdated or is it just not mentioned because its been around so long?

I took ****loads of that in college and could study like a mofo on it

5. Quote Originally Posted by Quadzilla99 View Post
    I guess ephedrine and caffeine is either not as fancy or just not as effective as the stuff mentioned here? I mean is it considered outdated or is it just not mentioned because its been around so long?

Acute focus and activation of the reticular system is quite different from enhancing cholinergic transmission and memory formation
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Acute focus and activation of the reticular system is quite different from enhancing cholinergic transmission and memory formation
    ok, I googled that **** you just said and I think I understand it. Thanks

7. Quote Originally Posted by mondata
    I am about as ADD as anyone I know and to top that off have terrible sleep habits. I am trying to finish up my doctorate and am having to take some ridiculous classes. Studying for tests while working 40 hours a week is tough. It seems like the older I get the harder it is to retain information. Long story short what's available (either product or component) that may improve cognitive function (memory, clarity, etc.). I looked at bottled oxygen but I am not sure how long the effects are for. Might be funny going in to take test with a bottle of O2 lol.
    Ginkgo and bacopa work best for mental clarity

8. Quote Originally Posted by Quadzilla99 View Post
    ok, I googled that **** you just said and I think I understand it. Thanks
    hahahaha! I was gonna suggest a "mr cooper translation app" for this board....you plug in what he posts, then it gives you a lay-mans terms result. this reminds me of sanford and son, when fred would ask the black police officer to translate what the white police officer said LOL... I am the resident translator of gibberish posting in the anabolic section...but this scientific mumbo jumbo translation is way out of my league

9. Quote Originally Posted by Quadzilla99 View Post
    I guess ephedrine and caffeine is either not as fancy or just not as effective as the stuff mentioned here? I mean is it considered outdated or is it just not mentioned because its been around so long?

I think EC is still the real deal. Throw in some ALCAR or Focus XT and its a mean study stack.

10. ^^

Yellow jackets and dymetadrine extreme circa 2001.......

UNreal......

-Matt

11. Im kinda in the ADD club and Aniracetam was way better for me than piracetam. Ani helped me focus in lower doses, sedated me at higher. Piracetam...helped a bit at first, then made my thoughts race even faster. Ashwagahnda is the shiz, especially for evening hours when you need to unwind. ALCAR is very hit or miss for me, though ALCAR-arginate is treating me very well.

12. Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Im kinda in the ADD club and Aniracetam was way better for me than piracetam. Ani helped me focus in lower doses, sedated me at higher. Piracetam...helped a bit at first, then made my thoughts race even faster. Ashwagahnda is the shiz, especially for evening hours when you need to unwind. ALCAR is very hit or miss for me, though ALCAR-arginate is treating me very well.
    Can you elaborate on the Ashwagahnda? Does it have a calming effect like Kava or Phenibut...or is it more like an adaptogen?

Thanks in advance.

13. Well that is a problem of mine..ADD since i was a kid...I have found just supplementing with Taurine has helped to be honest,alonf with DAA,Carnitine Fumerate and Erase...Just a good sense of well being.I feel sharper and more focused.Especially at work.

I was just thinking about all this about a week ago

14. Quote Originally Posted by Jay888999 View Post
    Well that is a problem of mine..ADD since i was a kid...I have found just supplementing with Taurine has helped to be honest,alonf with DAA,Carnitine Fumerate and Erase...Just a good sense of well being.I feel sharper and more focused.Especially at work.

I was just thinking about all this about a week ago
    Thank the DAA

15. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

Thank the DAA
    Ive read Taurine as well can help with stimulating the mind with focus and clarity.
    In what way does DAA help? Why would i contribute my statement rto only the DAA?

16. Quote Originally Posted by Jay888999 View Post
    Ive read Taurine as well can help with stimulating the mind with focus and clarity.In what way does DAA help? Why would i contribute my statement rto only the DAA?
    Taurine will realistically have no effect. Neither will erase or carnitine fumarate. DAA is an NMDA agonist, which shows evidence of increasing cognitive function.

17. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69
    Taurine will realistically have no effect. Neither will erase or carnitine fumarate. DAA is an NMDA agonist, which shows evidence of increasing cognitive function.
    So then supplementing with this on a reg basis and consistantly can only benefit you,id assume? But being it raises test does that cause a problem with consistant use? Ive heard you say Alcar is great for focus,but that can be used year round?

18. Quote Originally Posted by Jay888999 View Post
    So then supplementing with this on a reg basis and consistantly can only benefit you,id assume? But being it raises test does that cause a problem with consistant use? Ive heard you say Alcar is great for focus,but that can be used year round?
    I wouldn't extrapolate it that far, as longterm studies are absent. Cycle DAA as you would all supplements. ALCAR can essentially be used year round (I cycle off every 6 months).

19. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

I wouldn't extrapolate it that far, as longterm studies are absent. Cycle DAA as you would all supplements. ALCAR can essentially be used year round (I cycle off every 6 months).
    Excellent..i prefer 2 months on daa and 2 months off.I believe in cycling everything.

Thnx for the advice man

20. SNS Focus XT is the best supplement in this area. I have had great results with it. I have yet to try the Stim-Free version.
    I'm Back...

21. Quote Originally Posted by Clickster
    SNS Focus XT is the best supplement in this area. I have had great results with it. I have yet to try the Stim-Free version.
    You should, the fruit punch flavoring is delicious.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time
    antihero [@] SeriousNutritionSolutions.com

22. I like Rhodiola tooAnyone remember the short lived "first order" beta alanine product? It has rhodiola in it and thought it was great!-Matt

23. Have you tried all natural cognitive enhancers? Some herbs help with blood flow to the brain and have the potential to keep your brain into concentrating on the task at hand, increasing alertness and mental clarity. Taking a good focus supplement can give you the discipline you need to become more productive and eliminate distractive tendencies. Try some of these to help you in your efforts: Choline, phoshotidyle serine, aceytyl L-carnitine, gingko biloba, Vitamin B9 or Folic Acid, DMAE, L-cysteine, and rhodiola. Good luck!

24. Can we get some good conversation on D-Serine and Sarcosine?

25. Quote Originally Posted by domore View Post
    Can we get some good conversation on D-Serine and Sarcosine?
    For an acute burst of cognitive function, try the NMDA trio of D-Serine, sarcosine, and DAA along with a potentially synergistic AMPA-based agent: aniracetam.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. supplements to increase melanocytes
    By Shavani in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-16-2016, 05:27 PM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-07-2011, 01:46 AM
  3. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 11:13 AM
  4. Supplements to increase platelet count
    By freqfly in forum Supplements