what supps on active recovery days?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
The ability of certain ingredients to reduce soreness and improve recovery is usually exercise-dependent. There's really nothing you can take at rest that will improve recovery besides sufficient carbs and protein. Cissus quadrangularis and joint force may both reduce soreness through analgesia.

Mross65

Mross65

Awards
The best is rest. But what kind of soreness are you getting if it's joint soreness then rest for sure. If its just muscle soreness not a whole lot you can do besides stretch and naps!

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The ability of certain ingredients to reduce soreness and improve recovery is usually exercise-dependent. There's really nothing you can take at rest that will improve recovery besides sufficient carbs and protein. Cissus quadrangularis and joint force may both reduce soreness through analgesia.
x2

I don't take any supps minus my regular Cissus XT on active recovery days. Typically just pool plyometrics, lots of dynamic stretching, and pvc rolling + food.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I find Formula-X + other BCAA's through the day is great for recovery, really good diet and rest.

Cissus and Fish Oils is a nice combo as well.

dsohei

Awards
x2

I don't take any supps minus my regular Cissus XT on active recovery days. Typically just pool plyometrics, lots of dynamic stretching, and pvc rolling + food.
how much cissus are we talking about here?

dsohei

Awards
I find Formula-X + other BCAA's through the day is great for recovery, really good diet and rest.

Cissus and Fish Oils is a nice combo as well.
what version of Formula X? would taking extra doses of leucine throughout the day work just as well? again, what dose of cissus are we talking about and does cissus need to be cycled? thx

dsohei

Awards
i heard cissus rx/xt can be anabolic/myotropic at high enough doses? is this what you are talking about as far as recovery goes? i was looking at uspowders on nutraplanet and they are selling a bunch of bulk powders, cissus being one of them... oh wait you are an sns guy, probably shouldn't ask you about those huh? anyway what are the sns equivalencies of those bulk powders?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
i heard cissus rx/xt can be anabolic/myotropic at high enough doses? is this what you are talking about as far as recovery goes? i was looking at uspowders on nutraplanet and they are selling a bunch of bulk powders, cissus being one of them... oh wait you are an sns guy, probably shouldn't ask you about those huh? anyway what are the sns equivalencies of those bulk powders?
It is anabolic in skeletal tissue, not skeletal muscle. Myotropic....maybe, by virtue of glucocorticoid antagonism.

And LOL at thinking me repping for SNS confounds my judgment. Supercissus is a great product, but it is unstandardized, whereas SNS is a 5% ketosterone extract (anecdotally the best for joints, or so I've heard). This doesn't mean that supercissus doesn't work, simply that I do not know the natural preponderance of ketosterones in cissus quadrangularis, since it is the raw plant rather than an extract

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what version of Formula X? would taking extra doses of leucine throughout the day work just as well? again, what dose of cissus are we talking about and does cissus need to be cycled? thx

Formula-X from Athletix, 3g of DAA, 2g of LCLT, 700mg of NAT and 5g of BCAA's(8:1:1 Ratio). I find the DAA, LCLT + BCAA's are much better then L-Leucine throughout the day, I tried high dosing of L-Leucine, I prefer high dosing of BCAA's along with my Formula-X.

I use 40% Cissus at 2g a day. I really liked SuperCissus RX too, I'd normally dose 2 caps, 3 times a day for best effects.

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

dsohei

Awards
It is anabolic in skeletal tissue, not skeletal muscle. Myotropic....maybe, by virtue of glucocorticoid antagonism.

And LOL at thinking me repping for SNS confounds my judgment. Supercissus is a great product, but it is unstandardized, whereas SNS is a 5% ketosterone extract (anecdotally the best for joints, or so I've heard). This doesn't mean that supercissus doesn't work, simply that I do not know the natural preponderance of ketosterones in cissus quadrangularis, since it is the raw plant rather than an extract
thanks, didnt know board etiquette on reps commenting on non-rep products.

dsohei

Awards
Formula-X from Athletix, 3g of DAA, 2g of LCLT, 700mg of NAT and 5g of BCAA's(8:1:1 Ratio). I find the DAA, LCLT + BCAA's are much better then L-Leucine throughout the day, I tried high dosing of L-Leucine, I prefer high dosing of BCAA's along with my Formula-X.

I use 40% Cissus at 2g a day. I really liked SuperCissus RX too, I'd normally dose 2 caps, 3 times a day for best effects.
is NAT n acetyl tyrosine? how many times a day do you drink/sip that mixture on a typical non-training day?

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
is NAT n acetyl tyrosine? how many times a day do you drink/sip that mixture on a typical non-training day?
Yes and I normally take at least 1 scoop in the morning, sometimes I do like to use 2 scoops a day, but not everyone likes runnings DAA at 6g a day.

dsohei

Awards
Yes and I normally take at least 1 scoop in the morning, sometimes I do like to use 2 scoops a day, but not everyone likes runnings DAA at 6g a day.
oh i see, all that is inside formula-x... so you take that 2x a day on non training days and you feel it helps recover you better?

Nicolas

Nicolas

Awards
I don't take anything on off days other than staples: multi, fish oil, protein.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
oh i see, all that is inside formula-x... so you take that 2x a day on non training days and you feel it helps recover you better?
Even just at 1 scoop a day I see a big difference in recovery, 2 scoops is just a bonus, but then you would need 2 tubs for a 30 day run, I'd stick with 1 scoop a day, you will enjoy both the test boosting and recovery effects.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
garz Supplement Auction 2
Supplements 13
Supplements 1
Supplement Auction 6