Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.49%

Talk sense into my parents!!!

Ok so I am extremely mad right now. My parents all of a sudden think taking protein and creatine are going to kill me. They are trying to take them away from me. Will somebody please tell them I'm not going to drop and die from taking this. And that carnivore protein isn't a stimulant. They are so ignorant on the topic. I'd appreciate it if somebody could help me out.

2. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.24%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Just tell them you have big intentions for yourself and you need protein and creatine to get there.
  3. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.24%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Seriously though you don't need protein and creatine and if your parents want to take them away from you that is their right to. Well depending on your age and if you live in their house.
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.98%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

just tell them everybody wants to be a body builder but ain't nobody wanna lift this heavy ass weight

then smash something against the wall
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.49%

I'm 17. Lifting seriously for 5 years. They think protein is a stimulant.
  6. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.24%

No protein or creatine! Oh no!

7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.7%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Listen my 15 year old brother has been lifting for 2 years now and he takes protein/ Creatine and some days a pre workout even...he is 5'10 185 and pretty muscular I'm proud of him for sure but he's healthy! It's not like your smoking weed for
    Christ sakes your taking a powder form of steak
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.49%

Haha that's funny tbone. Isn't really helping my cause though.
  9. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.24%

Still if you're not legally an adult yet then you parents can take it away from you if they so please. Have some respect for your parents and obey them.
  10. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.24%

Protein and creatine are not gonna make you or break you, especially at your age.
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.98%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

attempt to have an educated mature
    conversation with your parents

if that doesn't work, then **** it-don't worry about it. I didn't touch anything when I was in high school when I lifted

they're gonna have the final say
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.49%

Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107
    Listen my 15 year old brother has been lifting for 2 years now and he takes protein/ Creatine and some days a pre workout even...he is 5'10 185 and pretty muscular I'm proud of him for sure but he's healthy! It's not like your smoking weed for
    Christ sakes your taking a powder form of steak
    Thanks man.
    And great job on your cycle. Honestly I have stalked every page of it, but I'm too young to post in that section. Keep killing it!!!
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.7%

Quote Originally Posted by bigintensions

Thanks man.
    And great job on your cycle. Honestly I have stalked every page of it, but I'm too young to post in that section. Keep killing it!!!
    Wow repped!!! A follower, supporter and you follow the rules now that's awesome...maybe today's youth isn't all lost
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.49%

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332
    attempt to have an educated mature
    conversation with your parents

if that doesn't work, then **** it-don't worry about it. I didn't touch anything when I was in high school when I lifted

they're gonna have the final say
    Yea I've tried that, but they don't know anything about the topic and think I'm feeding them bs. And I know I don't have to touch anything at this age, but I'm experienced for a 17 year old, with somewhat respectable numbers. For my age atleast
    Bench 245
    Squat 375
    Dead 425
    I just like the little extra strength creatine gives me, and the protein helps me reach my macros, I only drink one shake a day. And that is either post workout, or upon waking. I know it isn't necessary, but it is helpful. Thanks for the responses guys
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.49%

Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107

Wow repped!!! A follower, supporter and you follow the rules now that's awesome...maybe today's youth isn't all lost
    Haha about 90% is. And yea your log inspires me, I want to look like you when I'm older, your a beast.
  16. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.24%

Bottom line is - Listen to your mom and and dad. Respect and honor them. If they don't want you taking it then don't take it, do not talk back or argue with them.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.49%

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Bottom line is - Listen to your mom and and dad. Respect and honor them. If they don't want you taking it then don't take it, do not talk back or argue with them.
    I respect that. I understand you completely. I'm not trying to show them disrespect, just want them to be a little more informed about it before they decide to take it away. But yes sir, if they still want to take it away then Ill just have to deal with it and move on.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.02%

Tell them to get out of the 60s and explore a new field of knowledge concerning diet, and nutrition with some supplementation along with a weightlifting template
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.7%

http://www.livestrong.com/article/41...owder-healthy/

Maybe that will help bro tell then to read that article
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  20. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.78%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

But they're right. Carnivor is crap. You are wasting money on collagen.

Anyway, moved to the general supplement section since this is not really a scientific discussion.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  21. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

People are abusing the supplement science section ALREADY? tell them to post that crap in ask PA section like they usually do

but yeah, when I was in high school and a few years after while living at home....every time I'd get sick, my mom would say it was all the protein and "crap" i was taking. no its not a stomach virus or the common cold right? its the protein ...they like to blame things that they don't understand....or that they think you are "wasting your money on"....as if they are being made to buy it for you. My parents STILL don't know the first thing about nutrition or macros etc, wouldn't know a protein from a starch to save their lives....and my mom is a long time cafeteria manager at the local middle school LMFAO.....
  22. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.79%

Try sitting down together and do some research with them and see if they of they could pick out a protein they approve of if not say

F@ck never mind just cook me some more chicken but not in those words;-)
  23. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.93%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

examine.com/supplements/creatine

Go there and read up. The safety of creatine is well-documented, and multiple studies are linked. If you search around examine.com, you'll find the relevant info on protein as well, that it's safe.

If reason and evidence fail to convince your folks, lie and take the stuff anyway.
  24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  219 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.31%

Dude I'm 34, 5'7" and 220 at 8% been doing this since I was in the marines at 18 and to this day my mom thinks I'm going to die from protein and creatine. When I was about 16 I bought some bulk mono and my mom found it and just about killed me like I was doing coke or something. Point is no matter what I tell her she won't believe me to this day so just roll with it and exept the fact that your parents care enough to be concerned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Level9Germ View Post
    Common bro why would u take d Bol just take plain steroids if ur gonna do it since first place
    Quote Originally Posted by Son_Of_SEALs View Post
    I dont want titties.... will that product work for a SERM?
  25. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.47%

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

Anyway, moved to the general supplement section since this is not really a scientific discussion.
    Lol, exactly.
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.15%

Quote Originally Posted by demolition View Post
    exept the fact that your parents care enough to be concerned.
    That right there! Things could be WAY worse.

I would recommend that you take one or both of them to see your physician and have them explain it. Although you might want to get your physician's opinion first in case they say that you don't need it at your age! Your physician won't want to tell your parents what to do or not to do, but simply to educate them a little bit. You could also have them speak to a trainer at a gym, the health teacher at your school, the biology teacher at your school, etc.? They may never accept creatine, but a talk on protein, carbs, and fats should be easy enough to get through.

But yes, at the end of the day, you're going to have to accept their rules. That doesn't mean you can't get your protein from emptying their fridge
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  27. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  156 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.24%

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.7%

Just tell the your going breaking BA style and your going to cook! And then snort some meth and say see what you pushed me to do!!!! Lol
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  29. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.16%

In situations where I'm dealing with someone who is obviously ignorant about a particular subject, I like to ask them for definitions and what they think is occurring in the subject at hand.

So in this case, ask your parents what they think protein is, where it can be found, and why they think it's detrimental. Do the same for creatine. Once you understand what their reservations are on the subject, you can more pointedly debunk their preconceived notions and educate them. The important thing to remember, though, is that this needs to be done rationally, not emotionally. Don't argue, just go in well prepared to relate to them what the actual facts are. Also remember that it's not about proving them wrong, it's about sharing information that can be mutually beneficial.

But then they are your parents, so whether or not they choose to accept your research is anybody's guess. I use to prove my mom wrong and get grounded for it.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  30. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36%

Ur best bet is to run away,then u fan do whatever you like,lol

J/k
  31. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36%

Quote Originally Posted by WARBIRDWS6
    People are abusing the supplement science section ALREADY? tell them to post that crap in ask PA section like they usually do

but yeah, when I was in high school and a few years after while living at home....every time I'd get sick, my mom would say it was all the protein and "crap" i was taking. no its not a stomach virus or the common cold right? its the protein ...they like to blame things that they don't understand....or that they think you are "wasting your money on"....as if they are being made to buy it for you. My parents STILL don't know the first thing about nutrition or macros etc, wouldn't know a protein from a starch to save their lives....and my mom is a long time cafeteria manager at the local middle school LMFAO.....
    I had a headache two days ago and so funny u said what u did cause a co worker said " Its all that creatine and protein"...i laughed cause what else could i do,he is fat and out of shape lol
  32. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.78%

Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    In situations where I'm dealing with someone who is obviously ignorant about a particular subject, I like to ask them for definitions and what they think is occurring in the subject at hand.

So in this case, ask your parents what they think protein is, where it can be found, and why they think it's detrimental. Do the same for creatine. Once you understand what their reservations are on the subject, you can more pointedly debunk their preconceived notions and educate them. The important thing to remember, though, is that this needs to be done rationally, not emotionally. Don't argue, just go in well prepared to relate to them what the actual facts are. Also remember that it's not about proving them wrong, it's about sharing information that can be mutually beneficial.

But then they are your parents, so whether or not they choose to accept your research is anybody's guess. I use to prove my mom wrong and get grounded for it.
    no. bad idea . this will only serve to anger the parent, who is retarded in regards to what protein or macros are, and will be counterproductive. You seem to base this idea on the fact parents, who are 110% ignorant to the ins and outs of nutrition, will react favorably to being made to look stupid. They already fear the subject, because they don't know a damn thing about it, so pointing this out and putting them on the spot will elicit a negative response. like them dumping your nitrotech down the toilet my mother does not like to be told she is wrong/at fault...and will fight it till the bitter end....also she does not like to be told she is ill-informed on something. One time she "knew something i didn't know" and she said she was so proud of herself that she actually finally told me something I did not already know LMFAO....
  33. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.78%

Quote Originally Posted by Jay888999 View Post
    I had a headache two days ago and so funny u said what u did cause a co worker said " Its all that creatine and protein"...i laughed cause what else could i do,he is fat and out of shape lol
    yeah you have a headache from your "steroids", and he has 250/150 BP and clogged arteries for his "efforts" but you gotta be polite right and shut your mouth lol
  34. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.16%

Quote Originally Posted by WARBIRDWS6 View Post
    no. bad idea . this will only serve to anger the parent, who is retarded in regards to what protein or macros are, and will be counterproductive. You seem to base this idea on the fact parents, who are 110% ignorant to the ins and outs of nutrition, will react favorably to being made to look stupid. They already fear the subject, because they don't know a damn thing about it, so pointing this out and putting them on the spot will elicit a negative response. like them dumping your nitrotech down the toilet my mother does not like to be told she is wrong/at fault...and will fight it till the bitter end....also she does not like to be told she is ill-informed on something. One time she "knew something i didn't know" and she said she was so proud of herself that she actually finally told me something I did not already know LMFAO....
    No skin off my nose, man. I just spend A LOT of my time discussing science with ignorant people and thought I'd share a few things that have proved helpful. Nobody likes to be told they're wrong, but that doesn't change that sometimes we are - and when that happens, certain methods of being told you're wrong work better than others.

My Mom is Exactly like yours, btw. I finally sat her down and told that if she wanted to remain in my life, she needed to be able to admit when she was wrong. You can imagine how that went, I'm sure.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  35. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.63%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

I was gonna make this point...They right in that is bad for your life in this sense:

-That money can be saved for your higher education (if you qualify for it in later years)
    -Medical Insurance in case you get injured
    -Food , which is the only supplement a teenager with a big ego needs.
    -Auto insurance in case you fall in the teenage statistics for drivers of your age
    -Your other bills they have to pay for you living at their house , like your cellphone, light and water consumption that increases their bills.

See how wasting money on Protein Powder can be bad for your life? You should eat protein anyway, not drink it, it is richer in micronutrient content and a proper diet will never be trumped by wallet-leaning supplements anyway.

And a word on Creatine, though it is useful as it is, all the creatine your teenage body needs should come from red meats...so eat your steak, listen to your parents and humble up...their house, their rules. Supplement-wise and science-wise you don't need either in your diet or training schedule.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  36. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.78%

No skin off my nose, man. I just spend A LOT of my time discussing science with ignorant people and thought I'd share a few things that have proved helpful. Nobody likes to be told they're wrong, but that doesn't change that sometimes we are - and when that happens, certain methods of being told you're wrong work better than others.

My Mom is Exactly like yours, btw. I finally sat her down and told that if she wanted to remain in my life, she needed to be able to admit when she was wrong. You can imagine how that went, I'm sure.
    haha, no your point is valid....to a LOGICAL person ....but parents? usually are not logical, nor are they swayed by scientific arguments by their kids. They just don't want to hear that stuff, so this method is usually futile.
    But yeah, I argue with my mother all the time because she insists she is never wrong...and will tell you to your face. So when I prove her wrong in front of other family members, she still refuses to admit it. everything is my fault or someone elses fault...the woman has never made a wrong move in her life. I gave up a long time ago trying to "fix" that
  37. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.78%

Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    I was gonna make this point...They right in that is bad for your life in this sense:

-That money can be saved for your higher education (if you qualify for it in later years)
    -Medical Insurance in case you get injured
    -Food , which is the only supplement a teenager with a big ego needs.
    -Auto insurance in case you fall in the teenage statistics for drivers of your age
    -Your other bills they have to pay for you living at their house , like your cellphone, light and water consumption that increases their bills.

See how wasting money on Protein Powder can be bad for your life? You should eat protein anyway, not drink it, it is richer in micronutrient content and a proper diet will never be trumped by wallet-leaning supplements anyway.

And a word on Creatine, though it is useful as it is, all the creatine your teenage body needs should come from red meats...so eat your steak, listen to your parents and humble up...their house, their rules. Supplement-wise and science-wise you don't need either in your diet or training schedule.
    I used to work full time plus part-time and go to school either part-time or full time when I was living at home from 18-24 (GREAT health/dental and stock options at my full time btw)....so I had PLENTY of money to pay for school and my own insurance and school as well (sometimes parents or financial aid would pay for it and I'd just have to buy books and supplies....but just saying I could/did pay when necessary). And I had more protein powder and supplements than a mofo oh yeah, my part-time job was at G-N-C lol...go figure right? 50% discount and like 80% discount on the house line....SWEET deal back then before internet wholesale supplement shops!
  38. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.63%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by WARBIRDWS6 View Post
    I used to work full time plus part-time and go to school either part-time or full time when I was living at home from 18-24 (GREAT health/dental and stock options at my full time btw)....so I had PLENTY of money to pay for school and my own insurance and school as well (sometimes parents or financial aid would pay for it and I'd just have to buy books and supplies....but just saying I could/did pay when necessary). And I had more protein powder and supplements than a mofo oh yeah, my part-time job was at G-N-C lol...go figure right? 50% discount and like 80% discount on the house line....SWEET deal back then before internet wholesale supplement shops!
    18-24 ! And you sir deserve respect for that haha , working that much and sticking to school is pretty nice bro.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  39. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.29%

Quote Originally Posted by bigintensions View Post
    Haha that's funny tbone. Isn't really helping my cause though.
    LOL. Well at least your almost 18! So you will be able to soon.

Very well said.
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  40. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.78%

Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    18-24 ! And you sir deserve respect for that haha , working that much and sticking to school is pretty nice bro.
    yeah I felt an obligation to go to school, despite the fact I got a good job right out of high school (different era than right now, its a bitch to do that nowadays)...and while I was working at my parents deli, with a G-N-C right across the street, I used to frequent the place of course.... so the lady who managed it hired me there as well. so full time job overnight, part-time job at G-N-C where I could fit it in, school, and went to help my mom at her deli between classes. I would drop dead if i did HALF of that at this age LMFAO! young is good

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-19-2007, 08:13 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-05-2006, 06:36 PM
  3. Ok Boys, u talked me into it! Bobo, payment sent!
    By goyard in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-22-2005, 05:01 PM
  4. Well, getting into my 3rd week of MOHN...
    By Odessa14 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-05-2004, 10:42 AM
  5. 8th week into my cycle (DIESELDUDE)
    By dieseldude in forum Pics
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-16-2004, 12:06 PM