Talk sense into my parents!!!

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
Ok so I am extremely mad right now. My parents all of a sudden think taking protein and creatine are going to kill me. They are trying to take them away from me. Will somebody please tell them I'm not going to drop and die from taking this. And that carnivore protein isn't a stimulant. They are so ignorant on the topic. I'd appreciate it if somebody could help me out.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Seriously though you don't need protein and creatine and if your parents want to take them away from you that is their right to. Well depending on your age and if you live in their house.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
just tell them everybody wants to be a body builder but ain't nobody wanna lift this heavy ass weight

then smash something against the wall

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
I'm 17. Lifting seriously for 5 years. They think protein is a stimulant.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Listen my 15 year old brother has been lifting for 2 years now and he takes protein/ Creatine and some days a pre workout even...he is 5'10 185 and pretty muscular I'm proud of him for sure but he's healthy! It's not like your smoking weed for
Christ sakes your taking a powder form of steak :)

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
Haha that's funny tbone. Isn't really helping my cause though.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Still if you're not legally an adult yet then you parents can take it away from you if they so please. Have some respect for your parents and obey them.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
attempt to have an educated mature
conversation with your parents

if that doesn't work, then **** it-don't worry about it. I didn't touch anything when I was in high school when I lifted

they're gonna have the final say

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
Listen my 15 year old brother has been lifting for 2 years now and he takes protein/ Creatine and some days a pre workout even...he is 5'10 185 and pretty muscular I'm proud of him for sure but he's healthy! It's not like your smoking weed for
Christ sakes your taking a powder form of steak :)
Thanks man.
And great job on your cycle. Honestly I have stalked every page of it, but I'm too young to post in that section. Keep killing it!!!

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks man.
And great job on your cycle. Honestly I have stalked every page of it, but I'm too young to post in that section. Keep killing it!!!
Wow repped!!! A follower, supporter and you follow the rules now that's awesome...maybe today's youth isn't all lost

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
attempt to have an educated mature
conversation with your parents

if that doesn't work, then **** it-don't worry about it. I didn't touch anything when I was in high school when I lifted

they're gonna have the final say
Yea I've tried that, but they don't know anything about the topic and think I'm feeding them bs. And I know I don't have to touch anything at this age, but I'm experienced for a 17 year old, with somewhat respectable numbers. For my age atleast
Bench 245
Squat 375
Dead 425
I just like the little extra strength creatine gives me, and the protein helps me reach my macros, I only drink one shake a day. And that is either post workout, or upon waking. I know it isn't necessary, but it is helpful. Thanks for the responses guys

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
Wow repped!!! A follower, supporter and you follow the rules now that's awesome...maybe today's youth isn't all lost
Haha about 90% is. And yea your log inspires me, I want to look like you when I'm older, your a beast.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bottom line is - Listen to your mom and and dad. Respect and honor them. If they don't want you taking it then don't take it, do not talk back or argue with them.

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
Bottom line is - Listen to your mom and and dad. Respect and honor them. If they don't want you taking it then don't take it, do not talk back or argue with them.
I respect that. I understand you completely. I'm not trying to show them disrespect, just want them to be a little more informed about it before they decide to take it away. But yes sir, if they still want to take it away then Ill just have to deal with it and move on.

Lacrossedude6

Lacrossedude6

Awards
Tell them to get out of the 60s and explore a new field of knowledge concerning diet, and nutrition with some supplementation along with a weightlifting template

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
But they're right. Carnivor is crap. You are wasting money on collagen.

Anyway, moved to the general supplement section since this is not really a scientific discussion.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
People are abusing the supplement science section ALREADY? tell them to post that crap in ask PA section like they usually do :D

but yeah, when I was in high school and a few years after while living at home....every time I'd get sick, my mom would say it was all the protein and "crap" i was taking. no its not a stomach virus or the common cold right? its the protein :D...they like to blame things that they don't understand....or that they think you are "wasting your money on"....as if they are being made to buy it for you. My parents STILL don't know the first thing about nutrition or macros etc, wouldn't know a protein from a starch to save their lives....and my mom is a long time cafeteria manager at the local middle school :D LMFAO.....

JR.99

JR.99

Awards
Try sitting down together and do some research with them and see if they of they could pick out a protein they approve of if not say

F@ck never mind just cook me some more chicken but not in those words;-)

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
examine.com/supplements/creatine

Go there and read up. The safety of creatine is well-documented, and multiple studies are linked. If you search around examine.com, you'll find the relevant info on protein as well, that it's safe.

If reason and evidence fail to convince your folks, lie and take the stuff anyway.

demolition

demolition

Awards
Dude I'm 34, 5'7" and 220 at 8% been doing this since I was in the marines at 18 and to this day my mom thinks I'm going to die from protein and creatine. When I was about 16 I bought some bulk mono and my mom found it and just about killed me like I was doing coke or something. Point is no matter what I tell her she won't believe me to this day so just roll with it and exept the fact that your parents care enough to be concerned.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
exept the fact that your parents care enough to be concerned.
That right there! Things could be WAY worse.

I would recommend that you take one or both of them to see your physician and have them explain it. Although you might want to get your physician's opinion first in case they say that you don't need it at your age! Your physician won't want to tell your parents what to do or not to do, but simply to educate them a little bit. You could also have them speak to a trainer at a gym, the health teacher at your school, the biology teacher at your school, etc.? They may never accept creatine, but a talk on protein, carbs, and fats should be easy enough to get through.

But yes, at the end of the day, you're going to have to accept their rules. That doesn't mean you can't get your protein from emptying their fridge:)

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just tell the your going breaking BA style and your going to cook! And then snort some meth and say see what you pushed me to do!!!! Lol

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In situations where I'm dealing with someone who is obviously ignorant about a particular subject, I like to ask them for definitions and what they think is occurring in the subject at hand.

So in this case, ask your parents what they think protein is, where it can be found, and why they think it's detrimental. Do the same for creatine. Once you understand what their reservations are on the subject, you can more pointedly debunk their preconceived notions and educate them. The important thing to remember, though, is that this needs to be done rationally, not emotionally. Don't argue, just go in well prepared to relate to them what the actual facts are. Also remember that it's not about proving them wrong, it's about sharing information that can be mutually beneficial.

But then they are your parents, so whether or not they choose to accept your research is anybody's guess. I use to prove my mom wrong and get grounded for it.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
Ur best bet is to run away,then u fan do whatever you like,lol

J/k :)

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
People are abusing the supplement science section ALREADY? tell them to post that crap in ask PA section like they usually do :D

but yeah, when I was in high school and a few years after while living at home....every time I'd get sick, my mom would say it was all the protein and "crap" i was taking. no its not a stomach virus or the common cold right? its the protein :D...they like to blame things that they don't understand....or that they think you are "wasting your money on"....as if they are being made to buy it for you. My parents STILL don't know the first thing about nutrition or macros etc, wouldn't know a protein from a starch to save their lives....and my mom is a long time cafeteria manager at the local middle school :D LMFAO.....
I had a headache two days ago and so funny u said what u did cause a co worker said " Its all that creatine and protein"...i laughed cause what else could i do,he is fat and out of shape lol

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
In situations where I'm dealing with someone who is obviously ignorant about a particular subject, I like to ask them for definitions and what they think is occurring in the subject at hand.

So in this case, ask your parents what they think protein is, where it can be found, and why they think it's detrimental. Do the same for creatine. Once you understand what their reservations are on the subject, you can more pointedly debunk their preconceived notions and educate them. The important thing to remember, though, is that this needs to be done rationally, not emotionally. Don't argue, just go in well prepared to relate to them what the actual facts are. Also remember that it's not about proving them wrong, it's about sharing information that can be mutually beneficial.

But then they are your parents, so whether or not they choose to accept your research is anybody's guess. I use to prove my mom wrong and get grounded for it.
no. bad idea :D. this will only serve to anger the parent, who is retarded in regards to what protein or macros are, and will be counterproductive. You seem to base this idea on the fact parents, who are 110% ignorant to the ins and outs of nutrition, will react favorably to being made to look stupid. They already fear the subject, because they don't know a damn thing about it, so pointing this out and putting them on the spot will elicit a negative response. like them dumping your nitrotech down the toilet :D my mother does not like to be told she is wrong/at fault...and will fight it till the bitter end....also she does not like to be told she is ill-informed on something. One time she "knew something i didn't know" and she said she was so proud of herself that she actually finally told me something I did not already know LMFAO....

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
I had a headache two days ago and so funny u said what u did cause a co worker said " Its all that creatine and protein"...i laughed cause what else could i do,he is fat and out of shape lol
yeah you have a headache from your "steroids", and he has 250/150 BP and clogged arteries for his "efforts" :D but you gotta be polite right and shut your mouth lol

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
no. bad idea :D. this will only serve to anger the parent, who is retarded in regards to what protein or macros are, and will be counterproductive. You seem to base this idea on the fact parents, who are 110% ignorant to the ins and outs of nutrition, will react favorably to being made to look stupid. They already fear the subject, because they don't know a damn thing about it, so pointing this out and putting them on the spot will elicit a negative response. like them dumping your nitrotech down the toilet :D my mother does not like to be told she is wrong/at fault...and will fight it till the bitter end....also she does not like to be told she is ill-informed on something. One time she "knew something i didn't know" and she said she was so proud of herself that she actually finally told me something I did not already know LMFAO....
No skin off my nose, man. :) I just spend A LOT of my time discussing science with ignorant people and thought I'd share a few things that have proved helpful. Nobody likes to be told they're wrong, but that doesn't change that sometimes we are - and when that happens, certain methods of being told you're wrong work better than others.

My Mom is Exactly like yours, btw. I finally sat her down and told that if she wanted to remain in my life, she needed to be able to admit when she was wrong. You can imagine how that went, I'm sure. :D

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
But they're right. Carnivor is crap. You are wasting money on collagen.

Anyway, moved to the general supplement section since this is not really a scientific discussion.
I was gonna make this point...They right in that is bad for your life in this sense:

-That money can be saved for your higher education (if you qualify for it in later years)
-Medical Insurance in case you get injured
-Food , which is the only supplement a teenager with a big ego needs.
-Auto insurance in case you fall in the teenage statistics for drivers of your age
-Your other bills they have to pay for you living at their house , like your cellphone, light and water consumption that increases their bills.

See how wasting money on Protein Powder can be bad for your life? You should eat protein anyway, not drink it, it is richer in micronutrient content and a proper diet will never be trumped by wallet-leaning supplements anyway.

And a word on Creatine, though it is useful as it is, all the creatine your teenage body needs should come from red meats...so eat your steak, listen to your parents and humble up...their house, their rules. Supplement-wise and science-wise you don't need either in your diet or training schedule.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
No skin off my nose, man. :) I just spend A LOT of my time discussing science with ignorant people and thought I'd share a few things that have proved helpful. Nobody likes to be told they're wrong, but that doesn't change that sometimes we are - and when that happens, certain methods of being told you're wrong work better than others.

My Mom is Exactly like yours, btw. I finally sat her down and told that if she wanted to remain in my life, she needed to be able to admit when she was wrong. You can imagine how that went, I'm sure. :D
haha, no your point is valid....to a LOGICAL person ;)....but parents? usually are not logical, nor are they swayed by scientific arguments by their kids. They just don't want to hear that stuff, so this method is usually futile.
But yeah, I argue with my mother all the time because she insists she is never wrong...and will tell you to your face. So when I prove her wrong in front of other family members, she still refuses to admit it. everything is my fault or someone elses fault...the woman has never made a wrong move in her life. I gave up a long time ago trying to "fix" that :D

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
I was gonna make this point...They right in that is bad for your life in this sense:

-That money can be saved for your higher education (if you qualify for it in later years)
-Medical Insurance in case you get injured
-Food , which is the only supplement a teenager with a big ego needs.
-Auto insurance in case you fall in the teenage statistics for drivers of your age
-Your other bills they have to pay for you living at their house , like your cellphone, light and water consumption that increases their bills.

See how wasting money on Protein Powder can be bad for your life? You should eat protein anyway, not drink it, it is richer in micronutrient content and a proper diet will never be trumped by wallet-leaning supplements anyway.

And a word on Creatine, though it is useful as it is, all the creatine your teenage body needs should come from red meats...so eat your steak, listen to your parents and humble up...their house, their rules. Supplement-wise and science-wise you don't need either in your diet or training schedule.
I used to work full time plus part-time and go to school either part-time or full time when I was living at home from 18-24 (GREAT health/dental and stock options at my full time btw)....so I had PLENTY of money to pay for school and my own insurance and school as well (sometimes parents or financial aid would pay for it and I'd just have to buy books and supplies....but just saying I could/did pay when necessary). And I had more protein powder and supplements than a mofo :D oh yeah, my part-time job was at G-N-C lol...go figure right? 50% discount and like 80% discount on the house line....SWEET deal back then before internet wholesale supplement shops!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I used to work full time plus part-time and go to school either part-time or full time when I was living at home from 18-24 (GREAT health/dental and stock options at my full time btw)....so I had PLENTY of money to pay for school and my own insurance and school as well (sometimes parents or financial aid would pay for it and I'd just have to buy books and supplies....but just saying I could/did pay when necessary). And I had more protein powder and supplements than a mofo :D oh yeah, my part-time job was at G-N-C lol...go figure right? 50% discount and like 80% discount on the house line....SWEET deal back then before internet wholesale supplement shops!
18-24 :p! And you sir deserve respect for that haha , working that much and sticking to school is pretty nice bro.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No protein or creatine! Oh no!

Haha that's funny tbone. Isn't really helping my cause though.
LOL. Well at least your almost 18! So you will be able to soon.

Very well said.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
18-24 :p! And you sir deserve respect for that haha , working that much and sticking to school is pretty nice bro.
yeah I felt an obligation to go to school, despite the fact I got a good job right out of high school (different era than right now, its a bitch to do that nowadays)...and while I was working at my parents deli, with a G-N-C right across the street, I used to frequent the place of course.... so the lady who managed it hired me there as well. so full time job overnight, part-time job at G-N-C where I could fit it in, school, and went to help my mom at her deli between classes. I would drop dead if i did HALF of that at this age LMFAO! young is good :D

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah I felt an obligation to go to school, despite the fact I got a good job right out of high school (different era than right now, its a bitch to do that nowadays)...and while I was working at my parents deli, with a G-N-C right across the street, I used to frequent the place of course.... so the lady who managed it hired me there as well. so full time job overnight, part-time job at G-N-C where I could fit it in, school, and went to help my mom at her deli between classes. I would drop dead if i did HALF of that at this age LMFAO! young is good :D
Working at a deli at that age, I'd be more interested in the sandwiches than anything at G N C.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Working at a deli at that age, I'd be more interested in the sandwiches than anything at G N C.
I thought the same thing when I read it lol...I would want a meat lover triple stack sandwich before anything from the 3 letter store at any age xD

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
hellllllllllllll yeah!!! I used to make me some sammiches like a mofo....I'd get on the slicer and slice up what I want and eat it. it was a deli/sub shop, so right up my alley. I STILL miss going there to work/help out and making myself deli sandwiches. and that was like a decade and a half ago I believe. I think of those sandwiches sometimes....like now.....but I gotta have my "supplementations"....did I take too much? YES...but at least I learned about the whole diet and bodybuilding supplement industry, and what is what, and how to use them. That is good knowledge for a youngster at least (internet was just around the corner back then mind you), despite wasting a lot of money on supps :D

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
yeah you have a headache from your "steroids", and he has 250/150 BP and clogged arteries for his "efforts" :D but you gotta be polite right and shut your mouth lol
LMAO,so right dude..well yeah any supp is considered steroids,its amazing how stupid society is to bodybuilding supps

Well yes ans no,i just wasnt in the mood,so yeah i kept my yap shut..but yeah,its always the fattys who have something to say.

Yeah well im out still working now and one the dump truck guys brings out a cheese cake and yes,i had 2 slices ,lol,after they broke my balls and told me i brought it for you guys,so i felt bad,lol...

Strawberry shortcake and amaretto,lol..deleicious!! Doing back later so my fat ass will burn it off!!

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Well yes ans no,i just wasnt in the mood,so yeah i kept my yap shut..but yeah,its always the fattys who have something to say.

Yeah well im out still working now and one the dump truck guys brings out a cheese cake and yes,i had 2 slices ,lol,after they broke my balls and told me i brought it for you guys,so i felt bad,lol...

Strawberry shortcake and amaretto,lol..deleicious!! Doing back later so my fat ass will burn it off!!
hell yeah again lol...I eat EVERYTHING of my co-workers....bag of oreo chocolate stuffed? killed it within a week (well most of it was me) :D bag of lays potato chips BOGO? killed it in a few days :D now the one guy asks me if I like this or that food, so he can either A) buy it for me (to be sarcastic) or B) NOT buy what I mention LMFAO. but yeah, I gotta factor it into my macros and then I can't eat past 6PM those days LOL!

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
hell yeah again lol...I eat EVERYTHING of my co-workers....bag of oreo chocolate stuffed? killed it within a week (well most of it was me) :D bag of lays potato chips BOGO? killed it in a few days :D now the one guy asks me if I like this or that food, so he can either A) buy it for me (to be sarcastic) or B) NOT buy what I mention LMFAO. but yeah, I gotta factor it into my macros and then I can't eat past 6PM those days LOL!

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
Thanks for the help guys! I can still take the protein, but the creatine is still off limits for now.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Thanks for the help guys! I can still take the protein, but the creatine is still off limits for now.
What part about:

-You don't need it

&

-Eat more red meat as it contains Creatine if you so much crave it

Did you not understand about creatine bro? Don't worry about supps for now, I can assure you your maxes, and gains have NOT been because of creatine or protein powders...

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What part about:

-You don't need it

&

Did you not understand about creatine bro? Don't worry about supps for now, I can assure you your maxes, and gains have NOT been because of creatine or protein powders...
I notice a lot of Supp bashing on the younger from you recently celly. I personally see no problem with a 17 year old using protein and creatine to supplement his diet and routine. At least he isn't on the PH craze with the other kids his age.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
What part about:

-You don't need it

&

trust me this won't solve it :D his mom will probably get on his ass about "STOP EATING ALL THAT MEAT!!! WHY ARE YOU EATING SO MUCH MEAT? TO GET CREATINE ISN'T IT??? I KNEW IT!!!" "MEAT IS EXPENSIVE!" LMFAO.

Let bigintensions eat cake......I mean PROTEIN! :D