Need some appetite suppression at night

mondata

mondata

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Whats available that A)Works B)Will not cause me to lose sleep. I do fine during the day but I get ravenous at night.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Wow. Great topic. Thanks for asking and the responses.

mondata

mondata

Awards
  • First Up Vote
After a little research I may just get Garcinia Cambogia extract and determine how much is needed to elicit the desired response. Looks like the majority of studies show some positive impact on weight loss through the regulation of endogenous lipid biosynthesis. Adipose Annihilation V2 looks like a great product but the addition of the alpha-yohimbine makes me want to steer clear. Me + yohimbine = instant dump.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
I do remember alpha y before bed highly suppressing appetite now that I think of it.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
How about some Casein protein? It doesn't need to be taken before bed for anti-catabolic effects like the marketing suggests, but it does leave you satiated for a while and I have used it at night and never wake up hungry. You would have to make sure it fits into your macros for the day, but I think it's a good option.

Invycktus

Invycktus

Awards
  • Established
Alpha-T2 does well here...no caffeine.
Natty I tried this but it kept me awake, dose was taken at 7.30pm and I hit the sack generally at midnight but that time I was awake till 3am

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I rely on the more psychological tricks to get me by in the night. Low calorie things like a few tic tacs or even brushing the teeth tends to curb those cravings to an extent. Or just going to bed earlier is what I do sometimes!

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
I just dont eat,its that simple.Im not starved and dint have the craving that bad.Its not hard to do,lol

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
I rely on the more psychological tricks to get me by in the night. Low calorie things like a few tic tacs or even brushing the teeth tends to curb those cravings to an extent. Or just going to bed earlier is what I do sometimes!
Agree on all those options. But i HATE going to sleep early :D....i never eat after brushing though for whatever reason (the toothpaste taste i suppose)....and i keep some pistachios or gummys around to snack on. Just need to keep that to a minimum since those calories add up too if enough is eaten

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I set my goal calories for the day lower to leave room for my inevitable night feeding. Wake up famished with ZERO willpower. I actually don't even "wake up" sometimes, just realize I downed a bowl of cereal with natty peanut butter after it's already gone, lol.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
I set my goal calories for the day lower to leave room for my inevitable night feeding. Wake up famished with ZERO willpower. I actually don't even "wake up" sometimes, just realize I downed a bowl of cereal with natty peanut butter after it's already gone, lol.
great advice, I do this as well (I guess I do ALL of these things since I've been around so long lol). I always leave room for the big dinner or before bed snack, I go around all day thinking "ok i got 1600 cals so far, that leaves 400 for later tonight, that will work" :D then if you, God forbid, don't use the extra calories you 'saved up' that day? well that is several hundred less cals for the day....win....

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Those are great ideas guys. I don't know if it's IF or what, but I can tough out my hunger much more in the morning rather than the night. A lot of it just comes to being occupied. I want to read/watch TV before bed and it's this time when my hunger is roughest and if I stumble it will be then. I have a massive sweet tooth at night which I try to curb with some flavored BCAA's or tic tacs/mints that are low calorie. The morning simply doesn't bother me because I can get busy doing other stuff to take my mind off the hunger.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Those are great ideas guys. I don't know if it's IF or what, but I can tough out my hunger much more in the morning rather than the night. A lot of it just comes to being occupied. I want to read/watch TV before bed and it's this time when my hunger is roughest and if I stumble it will be then. I have a massive sweet tooth at night which I try to curb with some flavored BCAA's or tic tacs/mints that are low calorie. The morning simply doesn't bother me because I can get busy doing other stuff to take my mind off the hunger.
you nailed it right there.....morning you are in a rush to get ready, during the day you are busy at work or busy at school.....night time you are sitting around reading or playing on the net or watching TV....and of course thinking about what food you can eat LOL. terrible thing, how the bodybuilders mind at night is the devils playground, you start getting "ideas" of what bad thing you can eat :D

mondata

mondata

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Natty I tried this but it kept me awake, dose was taken at 7.30pm and I hit the sack generally at midnight but that time I was awake till 3am
Yeah I have tried taking Shift at night and it keeps me up as well. Love the stuff when taken in the morning though

mondata

mondata

Awards
  • First Up Vote

This is exactly how I feel. At night I love to eat some cereal.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I eat all my carbs (300g+) pre-bed in the form of cereal and mix-ins. Feelsgoodman
& still chisled huh?

I work out late, tonight I got done around 11:15pm. Ate 500 calories, 50g protein, carbs were about 100 or so... I feel eating all this food @ night may have a negative effect on body composition...

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
I routinely eat 100-150 carbs before bedtime (the majority of my carbs).....but not 300 LOL. I don't think I ever even eat 300 carbs in a 24 hour period now that I think about it. :D maybe on pizza and ramen noodle day every so often....

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
& still chisled huh?

I work out late, tonight I got done around 11:15pm. Ate 500 calories, 50g protein, carbs were about 100 or so... I feel eating all this food @ night may have a negative effect on body composition...
Carb timing really isn't relevant to bodyfat %. I function better/am more alert on lower carbs throughout the day, perhaps due to the absence of insulin. You are falling prey to BS that has been pushed by uneducated meatheads from back in the day. Recent studies actually show that consuming most carbs in one sitting, pre-bed, reduces appetite and improves body composition in individuals who are cutting.

I routinely eat 100-150 carbs before bedtime (the majority of my carbs).....but not 300 LOL. I don't think I ever even eat 300 carbs in a 24 hour period now that I think about it. :D maybe on pizza and ramen noodle day every so often....
It's a lot of carbs :D

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Carb timing really isn't relevant to bodyfat %. I function better/am more alert on lower carbs throughout the day, perhaps due to the absence of insulin. You are falling prey to BS that has been pushed by uneducated meatheads from back in the day. Recent studies actually show that consuming most carbs in one sitting, pre-bed, reduces appetite and improves body composition in individuals who are cutting.

I've always said that type of carb doesn't matter (simple vrs complex) and that timing of carbs doesn't matter (as in not eating carbs later in the day or before bed)....and this was a decade or more ago. Of course I'd get ripped a new one back then, but I didn't care...I knew I was right :D esp on the simple vrs complex debate...the late night carbs I thought maybe I might end up wrong...but I was vindicated in the end lol.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I Don't Buy That B.S.

Universal? :D lol
Trenazone. :D when u were selling it. ;)

Agree Coop, IIRC I remember reading an article that said what you are saying recently.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I agree with people on saving it later. Also, easier to go to sleep satisfied.

mondata

mondata

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Man I hope you guys are right. I love my big bowl of Raisin Brand right before bed. Sucks going to be hungry.