Best form of Maca to buy? (for libido)

Steve_W

Awards
Done a few forum searches and it seems the general consensus is 5-10g a day seems to work really well. Wondering what the most effective brands are? Don't know if I should go with capsules or if I will have better results with raw powder, what do you find works best?

Thanks

Steve_W

Awards
Hmm ok thanks will have to suss it out. Anyone else have any experiences with maca that worked well?

Steve_W

Awards
I usually buy from NP, but they only sells the NOW Brand, not sure how potent this one is

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I buy bulk maca, 5-10g does wonders.

Steve_W

Awards
hey criticalbench, I notice you mention 5-10g of Maca alot for upping libido. How long typically before you feel libido effects? Need to cycle?? Do you just buy normal organic powder or whatever? I'm confused on the difference between that, or 4:1 extracts etc.

Thanks alot

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

SSD77

Awards
Do you notice any pro libido support with Trib?
I always thought Trib was awesome for this. Unfortunately it made me a loose canon. Maca on the other hand makes me feel excellent in all aspects.

mycatmagnus

Awards
I've tried now brand powdered for cost but am using swansons premium 4:1 extract at 6 500g caps 3x day for 9 grams total. I've used maca 3 times before with it only working once. It toke me a couple weeks to feel it. I'd really like to know the best quality/potentcy for the price. swanson is the cheapest capsules..having a hard time finding a good powder supplier? I'm stacking with goji,longjack,trib,and mucuna for libido. just started 3 days ago . so far nothing

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i just buy plain bulk maca from mountain rose herbs or nuts online. 10g has a little effect even the first day. a little bit of libido rise, but it also seems to enhance orgasms too.

TheFugitive

TheFugitive

Awards
Gamma-O V2

Gamma Oryzanol 500mg
CLA 500mg
I3C 150mg
Maca Root 100mg
Vit D 1500I U

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
i just buy plain bulk maca from mountain rose herbs or nuts online. 10g has a little effect even the first day. a little bit of libido rise, but it also seems to enhance orgasms too.

This. Just toss a teaspoon or two in your protein shake. Works like a charm for me, but makes me aggressive/beyatchy.

broons

Awards
  • Established
Gamma-O V2

Gamma Oryzanol 500mg
CLA 500mg
I3C 150mg
Maca Root 100mg
Vit D 1500I U
Physical endurance
The effects of gamma-oryzanol supplementation during resistance exercise training.
Int J Sport Nutr. 1997
To determine the effectiveness of gamma-oryzanol supplementation, weight-trained males were randomly divided into supplemented (G-O) and control placebo (Con) groups. The G-O group ingested 500 mg.day-1 of gamma-oryzanol according to manufacturer's instructions. Test batteries were administered before (T1), after 4 weeks (T2), and after 9 weeks (T3) of a periodized resistance exercise program. Both groups demonstrated significant increases in 1 repetition maximum muscular strength (bench press and squat) and vertical jump power, with no differences between the groups. No differences between groups were observed for measures of circulating concentrations of hormones (testosterone, cortisol, estradiol, growth hormone, insulin, beta-endorphin), minerals (calcium, magnesium), binding protein (albumin), or blood lipids (total cholesterol, triglycerides, HDL-cholesterol). Resting cardiovascular variables decreased similarly for both groups. These data suggest that 9 weeks of 500 mg.day-1 of gamma-oryzanol supplementation does not influence performance or related physiological parameters in moderately weight-trained males.

Really wish this guy would stfu about gamma-o.

TheFugitive

TheFugitive

Awards
Physical endurance
The effects of gamma-oryzanol supplementation during resistance exercise training.
Int J Sport Nutr. 1997
To determine the effectiveness of gamma-oryzanol supplementation, weight-trained males were randomly divided into supplemented (G-O) and control placebo (Con) groups. The G-O group ingested 500 mg.day-1 of gamma-oryzanol according to manufacturer's instructions. Test batteries were administered before (T1), after 4 weeks (T2), and after 9 weeks (T3) of a periodized resistance exercise program. Both groups demonstrated significant increases in 1 repetition maximum muscular strength (bench press and squat) and vertical jump power, with no differences between the groups. No differences between groups were observed for measures of circulating concentrations of hormones (testosterone, cortisol, estradiol, growth hormone, insulin, beta-endorphin), minerals (calcium, magnesium), binding protein (albumin), or blood lipids (total cholesterol, triglycerides, HDL-cholesterol). Resting cardiovascular variables decreased similarly for both groups. These data suggest that 9 weeks of 500 mg.day-1 of gamma-oryzanol supplementation does not influence performance or related physiological parameters in moderately weight-trained males.

Really wish this guy would stfu about gamma-o.
Do some research before you shoot off your mouth. The study you posted is on 500mg of GO in powder form. We are the only company that uses GO in a liquid form.

What else you got?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do some research before you shoot off your mouth. The study you posted is on 500mg of GO in powder form. We are the only company that uses GO in a liquid form.

What else you got?
How about what do you have that is an actual human scientific study using liquid? I've seen some that show health benefits which is nice, but haven't seen anything that shows more.

TheFugitive

TheFugitive

Awards
How about what do you have that is an actual human scientific study using liquid? I've seen some that show health benefits which is nice, but haven't seen anything that shows more.
Your avi looks familiar? I'm sure you seen some of the videos posted