Hawthorn berry or Hawthorn berry extract for lowering BP?

Mass Monkey

Mass Monkey

Awards
Hello:

OK I feel sort of stupid posting this after all the research I have done but here it goes lol.

So my BP is sitting at 133/86 and I'm in week 3 of a cycle of H-Drol. . . from my research I know you can add HB to lower your BP. . I am taking all the normal supports like Cycle Assist and all that but I have Now HB on hand and I wanted to know if this will do or do I need HB extract? . . I'm not overly worried about my BP at that level but wanted to make sure it stays there if nothing else as before it was normal. . .

Can I just up the dose of HB as I know the extract is more potent?

Now before we get off topic and someone suggest celery seed YUP I know about that lol but like I said I have HB on hand so figured I'd try that first BUT now I find there is the berry and the extract and I can't believe I missed that part during my initial research on this issue.

So if the HB is a waste of time let me know and I'll either pick up the extract or CS . . and if I do get the celery seed is that an extract as well and what is a good product if I'm allowed to ask that question.

TY and any and all who read or respond

BTW how long before I see a drop in my BP with either of the above . . I know CS works faster just thinking out loud

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
I would buy the extract in the future, but with those (fairly normal) type BP #'s, the hawthorn berry caps at the higher dosage should probably work OK. If you have them, might as well try them and see what happens. I usually see pretty instant results with the hawthorn extract....but def after a few days or so you should see something.

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
"BTW how long before I see a drop in my BP with either of the above . . I know CS works faster just thinking out loud"

Everyones response is typically a little different. I'm curious how you "know" CS works faster ? is that something you've been able to show to yourself by supplementing and measurements or just from all the common BP posts.

I've lived with 130/80's for years (due to a condition) and have used HBE mostly continuously and sporadically cycled in CS.

Only way you will know is to supplement and take BP readings. These are reportedly 2 most effective/common natural supp's for BP control, not sure about the lowering effects.

If your in a cycle then you've probably read about pre loading support supp's and the common thread that HB or HBE takes a while (not certain about exact timeframe but prob wk's to months) to get into the system. The extract would have more of the active so it allows you to take less than a non-extract.

Mass Monkey

Mass Monkey

Awards
Ah very well said and TY.

Now as for celery seed working fast u r totally right I don't know but others in the KNOW yelled at me lol!!! Saying to get CS but I already had the HB.

So that being said I'll up my dose a bit then check it again say on the weekend.

But in the future I'll use the extract.

Now as for the pre loaf and all that. All was completed perfect for 2 full weeks and BP was just under 110/80 before I started.

I'm just mad at myself and I'm a very particular about this stuff and can't believe I missed the extract part.

Thanks again for all the help and this has been a great cycle thus far other than a slight increase in BP

Mass Monkey

Mass Monkey

Awards
Also since it doesn't effect absorption of anything is there an ADVANTAGE to taking it say in 4 does over 2 large ones?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Check out CEL Cycle Assist for a killer deal on hawthorn berry and much, much more

Mass Monkey

Mass Monkey

Awards
K will do TY got all I need for this cycle but will stock up for my Epi cycle in February.

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Measuring blood pressure is like trying to hit a moving target. To reduce the variations here are a few things to try. First establish your baseline.
1. take the measurement at the same time of day, morning will typically have the lowest reading after resting. Perform upon waking before any coffee or stimulants.
2. use the same equipment - a manual cuff is better. I used a digital meter and found out quickly these are not accurate, however, if used consistently these can show any type of increase or decrease from an established baseline even if it is false.
3. take only 1 measurement
4. take measurement every other day or several days. this will take time to establish your baseline over a long period of time (month). Continue for as long as you like and generate an avg.
5. consider other factors that can influence and/or skew results and document (stress, poor nights sleep, drinking, phase of the moon (JK) ect..)

Recording multiple measurements during the day will cause you false alarm because the reading would be all over the place as BP changes.
Learn the signs of high BP.

Again, I'm no expert and these are just my thoughts not gospel.

Mass Monkey

Mass Monkey

Awards
Very well said and TY

Question how much effect does a fiber supplement play on HB ? Meaning does it weaken it do to slowing down absorption in general as I like to add psyllium husk to some of my shakes.

And is there an advantage to taking HB throughout the day say in 4 does instead of 2

Any feelings?

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

Mass Monkey

Mass Monkey

Awards
BTW I currently take my supports 5 hours after my PH

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Very well said and TY

Question how much effect does a fiber supplement play on HB ? Meaning does it weaken it do to slowing down absorption in general as I like to add psyllium husk to some of my shakes.

And is there an advantage to taking HB throughout the day say in 4 does instead of 2

Any feelings?

Fiber may actually hinder absorption of certain constituents but it's definitely nothing to split hairs over.

Mass Monkey

Mass Monkey

Awards
Ok cool TY I shall be more relaxed on the throne later lol????

Just want to make sure the husk was not the cause of the slight increase

TY again

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
I take my BP med first thing in the morning, then hawthorn in the late afternoon and hawthorn before bed (2-3 extract caps each time). I spread it out and I feel that helps, whether it does or not I am not totally sure.

Mass Monkey

Mass Monkey

Awards
Hmmm?

Well I'll get it checked on the weekend and if it's still around the same then I'll try spacing it out a bit. Maybe I'll take my cycle assist then a few hits later my HB all done in between my PH dosing.

I have read that H-Drol bumps up your BP so I was expecting this just want to keep it in check.

Thank you for your input

Mass Monkey

Mass Monkey

Awards
Well I just got up and went and checked my BP . . still up 134/89 so I think I'll try taking HB with my PH then my cycle assist and all that 5 hours later and see if that helps . . . I always check my BP at Walmart on the weekend when I have been up and about for a bit so this Saturday will be the big test . . .

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Measuring blood pressure is like trying to hit a moving target. To reduce the variations here are a few things to try. First establish your baseline.
1. take the measurement at the same time of day, morning will typically have the lowest reading after resting. Perform upon waking before any coffee or stimulants.
2. use the same equipment - a manual cuff is better. I used a digital meter and found out quickly these are not accurate, however, if used consistently these can show any type of increase or decrease from an established baseline even if it is false.
3. take only 1 measurement
4. take measurement every other day or several days. this will take time to establish your baseline over a long period of time (month). Continue for as long as you like and generate an avg.
5. consider other factors that can influence and/or skew results and document (stress, poor nights sleep, drinking, phase of the moon (JK) ect..)

Recording multiple measurements during the day will cause you false alarm because the reading would be all over the place as BP changes.
Learn the signs of high BP.

Again, I'm no expert and these are just my thoughts not gospel.
Disagree. Multiple readings at one sitting. I have watched mine change as much as 10pts simply relaxing after each consecutive measurement.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Disagree. Multiple readings at one sitting. I have watched mine change as much as 10pts simply relaxing after each consecutive measurement.
Your BP reading is expected to change if you take multiple consecutive readings using the cuff. This will yield inaccurate results.

Mass Monkey

Mass Monkey

Awards
Well either way I'm not happy as my normal was always about 120/80 . . so I just don't know what to think at this point . . but we shall see

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your BP reading is expected to change if you take multiple consecutive readings using the cuff. This will yield inaccurate results.
I'm not sure I understand you.

I sit for 5 mins and relax, apply the cuff, take a reading.
I remove the cuff, sit for two or three minutes more, take a reading, repeat.
How is that inaccurrate?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

How is that inaccurrate?
If you are waiting, then it's better. We were advised against taking repeated BP readings because each progressive reading is less accurate than the last.

Mass Monkey

Mass Monkey

Awards

How is that inaccurrate?
OH WOW! maybe this is what I'm doing wrong . . I don't wait anywhere near 5 minutes . . and this is going to sound stupid but I'm always nervous when getting my BP taken . . ok I'm still going to split up my does but on Saturday I'll sit and relax for 5 then take it . .

As for being nervous I think it started years ago when I wad getting a physical done and a co-op student was helping and she tried to do a PAP test on me . . I was like where the #$% do you think your sticking that?!?!?!?! . . she was like Ooops sorry . . Dr comes in and says . . wow your BP is way up . . I'm like . . YOU THINK?!?!?!

Mass Monkey

Mass Monkey

Awards
Again before I call it quits I'll try celery seed . . but again its still within the high normal range so I'm not totally worried just keeping a eye on it . . and looking for info and info is what I'm getting so again TY!!!

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Its really a total crapshoot with these BP readings.....this morning i took a reading after being on 2 AHv3 for 3 days as well as having been on 4 ALv3 for a month plus ABE ...all things that usually elevate my BP. just took the AH AL and part of the ABE one hour previous and my reading was 120/83...one of the lowest ever "on". been steady taking my hawthorn though...the cumulative effect probably had an impact on my BP

epstaneman

epstaneman

Banned
Awards
All the assist products have HB rather then HB Extract. They both are the same (Hawthorn Berry) and both will take a couple weeks to even begin to have an effect on blood pressure. I'm taking HB and my blood pressure is going slightly lower with each weekly BP reading I'm doing. I get the NOW brand....it's usually the cheapest. Since your already in the middle of a cycle experience high blood pressure, I would do my best to simply avoid stimulants or anything that is stressful on the heart. I also smoke weed everyday so that could be helping me keep low BP. Though not everyone has the same effect on weed....some people it makes paranoid and spikes their BP.

Its really a total crapshoot with these BP readings.....this morning i took a reading after being on 2 AHv3 for 3 days as well as having been on 4 ALv3 for a month plus ABE ...all things that usually elevate my BP. just took the AH AL and part of the ABE one hour previous and my reading was 120/83...one of the lowest ever "on". been steady taking my hawthorn though...the cumulative effect probably had an impact on my BP

So how's your cycle going? Never wanted to throw down that kind of money on the Andro series just to 'find out' if they are worth it. I was always interested in the Androlean and Androhard. Info?

Mass Monkey

Mass Monkey

Awards
All the assist products have HB rather then HB Extract. They both are the same (Hawthorn Berry) and both will take a couple weeks to even begin to have an effect on blood pressure. I'm taking HB and my blood pressure is going slightly lower with each weekly BP reading I'm doing. I get the NOW brand....it's usually the cheapest. Since your already in the middle of a cycle experience high blood pressure, I would do my best to simply avoid stimulants or anything that is stressful on the heart. I also smoke weed everyday so that could be helping me keep low BP. Though not everyone has the same effect on weed....some people it makes paranoid and spikes their BP.

Hey Epiman welcome to my thread . . now as for stims . . nope nothing . . stopped all stims of any sort even coffee well over a month before pre-load . . before I started the H-Drol it was 120/80 but like I say its up to 135/89 but I'll try again and rest more and see if that helps along with spacing out my extra HB.

Now as for the weed thing lol!!!! If I did that I'd have to eat well over 10,000 cals a day as I'm already hungry sometimes at 4900 lol

But again my BP always freaks me out and I have a bad habit of holding my breath or breathing fast . . yup I'm a freak . . also I do get paranoid as I think people are saying . . hmmm? here is this muscular guy getting his BP done? must be on roids! lol

As for my cycle its going amazing up just shy of 9 pound . . oops sorry just saw that was directed at warbird . . all the best and will keep people posted . . unless I pop . . ok bad joke and I know I'm very far from popping lol

Mass Monkey

Mass Monkey

Awards
Hmmm? It does look promising. Maybe I'll try that next time over CA.

Enjoyed the BP article TY if it goes into the 140's or into the 90's then I shall start to rethink my cycle but now I'm wondering and probably won't but I was hoping to bump it up to 100 last 2 weeks );

And yes my CA is also the extract thus y I started this thread.

Cheers everyone. Will update soon

Mass Monkey

Mass Monkey

Awards
Oh and BTW the HB u listed is exactly what I'm taking along with CA

epstaneman

epstaneman

Banned
Awards
epstaneman

epstaneman

Banned
Awards
Still hungry around 5k calories? Damn....and I thought "I" was a fat person at heart. Looks like I've met my match. heh

Mass Monkey

Mass Monkey

Awards
Buddy it's totally freaky. I eat and eat and no fat gain. Might do one week of a dirty bulk and see then back down to chicken and fish

Mass Monkey

Mass Monkey

Awards
Looking forward to the all I can eat sushi bar in the bedroom this weekend for my anniversary lol!!!!!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I was thinking of the only two I've tried....Cycle Assist and AI Life Support. Didn't feel compelled to Google every existing assist product ......but next time I make a bland statement, I'll make sure its correct.

Feel better? ha ha
Haha...WTF dude? Google what? All links are directly to NutraPlanet and as a matter of fact I linked both that you said you used and they both have the extract.

AI Life Support - Hawthorn Berry Extract (2% cratagic acid, 5% flavonoid glycosides)

Cycle Assist - Hawthorn Berry Extract (Satndardized to 1.8% Vitexin)

Mass Monkey

Mass Monkey

Awards
Oh snap! I thought this was my H-Drol log.

Sorry guys I'm usually not so rude and crude on a serious thred. My bad

Mass Monkey

Mass Monkey

Awards
Ok for myself I know CA is the extract but the Now I thought was the plant not the actual extract.

So if I miss understood you and the technical stuff I'm sorry thus why I started the thread TY as u have been a great help.

Now as for Epiman lol, buddy your on your own lol!!!

Mass Monkey

Mass Monkey

Awards
Well do I get an E for effort with adding spice with my crude comment.

Still waiting for epimans rebuke.

Gosh this work thing gets in the way of AM chatter lol

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok for myself I know CA is the extract but the Now I thought was the plant not the actual extract.

So if I miss understood you and the technical stuff I'm sorry thus why I started the thread TY as u have been a great help.

Now as for Epiman lol, buddy your on your own lol!!!

One link is to the NOW w/extract and one link is to the NOW w/o extract. Now worries :)

Mass Monkey

Mass Monkey

Awards
Ok everything is crammed in on my phone and I missed the second link.

Ok I do have just the fruit not the extract by Now

epstaneman

epstaneman

Banned
Awards
Next time you think of making a bland statment put some salt on it - it adds more flavor.

Well I'm glad your not funny. Smart AND a sense of humor would have been a double threat. Now I don't feel so threatened. ha ha

Thanks for the info though about the assist products. Learning new things is always a plus and never a negative. ;)

Mass Monkey

Mass Monkey

Awards
Almost makes me want to cry lol!!!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I'm glad your not funny. Smart AND a sense of humor would have been a double threat. Now I don't feel so threatened. ha ha

Thanks for the info though about the assist products. Learning new things is always a plus and never a negative. ;)
Did you learn you don't know what you are taking or what you are talking about?

Don't feel bad. At least YOU have a sense of humor...

Mass Monkey

Mass Monkey

Awards
O: oh oh do we need to get in the octagon ?

Lol

epstaneman

epstaneman

Banned
Awards
Did you learn you don't know what you are taking or what you are talking about?

Don't feel bad. At least YOU have a sense of humor...

I love you.....but I'm not 'in' love with you.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards

So how's your cycle going? Never wanted to throw down that kind of money on the Andro series just to 'find out' if they are worth it. I was always interested in the Androlean and Androhard. Info?
AH is legit, there is really no two ways about that part. I mean it will jack up your DHT no doubt....vascularity and all that good stuff. the same can be said for AL, its 7/11 which is a proven combo....and this delivery system seems to work well with it....I am dosing it at 4 caps per day though for 6 weeks since I was coming off of 6 weeks on prototype 7 and 11 spray....I was doing 30-35 sprays of them, so 4 caps of AL should be the equivalent to that. but yeah, for PH's with little to no sides (safety), and that effectively do what they say (its not hard to do that when you use the correct ingredients with a solid delivery system), they are all great products so far. I'll be using AM2 and 3 and ABv3 within the next 8-12 months so I can't comment on them yet, they are just sitting there waiting to be swallowed :D But I don't mind spending money on supplements when I'm buying from a reputable company that will dose it properly and is safety conscious.....those aspects are key

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
BTW I do feel there is an almost immediate effect from HB extract (as in several days), nothing drastic, but some BP lowering....and there is also a cumulative effect which is even more pronounced.