working out with the bug - AnabolicMinds.com

working out with the bug

  1. New Member
    the gym rat's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  173 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    234
    Rep Power
    816

    Reputation

    working out with the bug


    hey guys,
    wondering if I should continue to workout even though I have come down with a pretty bad sore throat and symptoms of a virus...I'm in the middle of running erase pro...Anabeta elite...and intimidate and I don't want to let it go to waist...

    what y'all think?

  2. New Member
    rhino67jg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    382
    Rep Power
    174259

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I think anyone who is sick, even with just the sniffles, should stay home & rest. Why put every one else in the gym at risk of catching what you have? Good supp's, but they wont go to waste. Your body is telling you to rest. You should listen to it
  3. Banned
    Jay888999's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,364
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation Reputation

    I think anyone who is sick shouldnt go to the gym...because I dont want what u have buddy,stay home and be considerate of others.Missing 3-4 days from the gym isnt wasting anything especially if u eat and train consistantly and right. This whole im going no matter what attitude,isnt impressive,to be honest. Kind of ignorant.

    I just missed 4 days with a sinus infection.I didnt go cause i didnt wanna get others sick.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    Rebel29073's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    169
    Rep Power
    387

    Reputation

    yeah even looking past the fact you might pass it along to other fitness enthusiasts you also have to consider when you work out you technically lower your immunities for a short period of time, until they supposedly bounce back stronger, so you make yourself more susceptible to catch other things that you may come into contact with.

    Stay home and do yourself and others a favor.
  5. New Member
    Rebel29073's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    169
    Rep Power
    387

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay888999 View Post
    I think anyone who is sick shouldnt go to the gym...because I dont want what u have buddy,stay home and be considerate of others.Missing 3-4 days from the gym isnt wasting anything especially if u eat and train consistantly and right. This whole im going no matter what attitude,isnt impressive,to be honest. Kind of ignorant.

    I just missed 4 days with a sinus infection.I didnt go cause i didnt wanna get others sick.
    Doctors swear sinus infections are not contagious but I call BS on that. My Gf has gotten them a few times in the last 2 years and I seem to come down with one shortly after she has one...coincidence? I think not.
  6. Banned
    Jay888999's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,364
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel29073

    Doctors swear sinus infections are not contagious but I call BS on that. My Gf has gotten them a few times in the last 2 years and I seem to come down with one shortly after she has one...coincidence? I think not.
    Dude,honestly i dnt think they are,mine are from allergic reactions( incense,potpurri,strong ass fragrances set them off),but it does break your body down/ immune system,so i dnt chance it...my girl actually hasnt got sick..But maybe thats chance of luck. I was on meds,so i consider it to be sick. Usually i take off of work,gym n stay home anyway.
  7. New Member
    the gym rat's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  173 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    234
    Rep Power
    816

    Reputation

    good adive y'all...just sucks to finally be able to start a pretty good natty stack then boom!!! in the middle of it you get a sinus infection
  8. Banned
    WARBIRDWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,134
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    You could work out at home, if you have some equipment there. doing something is better than nothing at all....although rest is good. I hate missing workouts due to being sick, esp if its not something debilitating ....like you say, you get on a roll on a cycle and you want to keep pace.
  9. New Member
    the gym rat's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  173 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    234
    Rep Power
    816

    Reputation

    i guess i shoulda been more detailed...i have a complete home gym set up of smith machines, power racks, towers, barbell rack, benches, etc... i would rather spend money on a one time purchase instead of paying monthly dues to a gym....

    i hear yall out...i hear some people say no dont workout cause it lowers your immune system even more then what it already is, others say fck it and keep pushin youll recover slower but your not waisting your cycle.....idk.....anyone been on a cycle and got sick but stuck it out??
  10. Banned
    WARBIRDWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,134
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Me too. I have everything at home, reason why I suggested that option.
  11. New Member
    the gym rat's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  173 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    234
    Rep Power
    816

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by WARBIRDWS6
    Me too. I have everything at home, reason why I suggested that option.
    good sht man...fck this I'm hittin the weights
  12. Banned
    WARBIRDWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,134
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by the gym rat View Post
    good sht man...fck this I'm hittin the weights
    hahahahaha! good choice
  13. Senior Member
    Blergs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,949
    Rep Power
    120264

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by the gym rat View Post
    hey guys,
    wondering if I should continue to workout even though I have come down with a pretty bad sore throat and symptoms of a virus...I'm in the middle of running erase pro...Anabeta elite...and intimidate and I don't want to let it go to waist...

    what y'all think?
    I always found it better to suck it up and take the time OFF to rest.

    an upset tummy ok go for it. ful blown attack on your system.... just rest a few days.
    LG Sciences Board Rep
    These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by LG Sciences, LLC.
  14. Senior Member
    Blergs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,949
    Rep Power
    120264

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by the gym rat View Post
    i guess i shoulda been more detailed...i have a complete home gym set up of smith machines, power racks, towers, barbell rack, benches, etc... i would rather spend money on a one time purchase instead of paying monthly dues to a gym....

    i hear yall out...i hear some people say no dont workout cause it lowers your immune system even more then what it already is, others say fck it and keep pushin youll recover slower but your not waisting your cycle.....idk.....anyone been on a cycle and got sick but stuck it out??
    I have done both. rest the few days, your body is run down its run down, why prolong it.
    I see it being more of a wast TO work out when sick, not the other way around. (im talking very sick, flue etc.)

    i would still work out at the tail end of a flue or something. but i know if i get hit with bug i take 1-4 days off extra and its seemed to work better then being hard on myself mentaly and physicaly
    LG Sciences Board Rep
    These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by LG Sciences, LLC.
  15. Senior Member
    Blergs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,949
    Rep Power
    120264

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel29073 View Post
    Doctors swear sinus infections are not contagious but I call BS on that. My Gf has gotten them a few times in the last 2 years and I seem to come down with one shortly after she has one...coincidence? I think not.
    I remember i got a bad one a while back, you would NOT beleive what came out like a week later!!!!
    a friggen leaf and small bud of my MEDICAL AND FULLY LEGAL herb!!!
    i guess i was smalling too close and up it went. the plant material got stuck and wet and well, bacteria...
    man i went though HELL and was put on meds. when i say that i though it HAS to have been that.(wsnt able to breath from nose so it was nop after)
    HAHAHA
    LG Sciences Board Rep
    These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by LG Sciences, LLC.
  16. Senior Member
    thegodfather's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,045
    Rep Power
    113181

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    If you're sick, then all you're doing is suppressing an already compromised system by doing exercise. Give your body the rest it needs to recover, and maintain proper diet throughout. A few days off is not going to be the end of the world.
  17. Banned
    Jay888999's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,364
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather
    If you're sick, then all you're doing is suppressing an already compromised system by doing exercise. Give your body the rest it needs to recover, and maintain proper diet throughout. A few days off is not going to be the end of the world.
    Was going to say the same
  18. New Member
    the gym rat's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  173 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    234
    Rep Power
    816

    Reputation

    yeah after my last post almost like clock work...dang throat swelled up pretty much shut...breathing through my nose with these patch strips for the nose...lol almost as if the weightlifting saints said NO! lol so needless to say I'm not there and won't be for a while...

    you alls advice is great and will be greatly herd next time I or someone else close to me gets a bug
  19. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,478
    Rep Power
    5966603

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Keep running the ABE, as anacyclus pyrethrum is a strong immunostimulant. Might want to hop off EP for a bit though
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  20. Banned
    Jay888999's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,364
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69
    Might want to hop off EP for a bit though
    Why is that?? I got over a sinus infection,4 days off gym and still took my DAA and EP every day. Was that a mistake.

    I was on meds.
    ZPac and some steroid i was subscribed.
  21. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,478
    Rep Power
    5966603

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay888999 View Post
    Why is that?? I got over a sinus infection,4 days off gym and still took my DAA and EP every day. Was that a mistake.

    I was on meds.
    ZPac and some steroid i was subscribed.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15485092
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  22. Banned
    Jay888999's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,364
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69
    Ty,thats some excellent info.
  23. Banned
    WARBIRDWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,134
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I have decided that everyone who contributed to this thread are sissies. there I said it. there is no crying (or days off) in bodybuilding
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Can I still work out with a bruise?
    By bigred869 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-13-2009, 01:20 PM
  2. Who here works out with gloves?
    By kmoore in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 03-04-2009, 02:33 PM
  3. Working out with a cold
    By bigred869 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-16-2008, 09:21 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-18-2008, 08:03 AM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-06-2007, 05:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in