working out with the bug

the gym rat

the gym rat

Awards
hey guys,
wondering if I should continue to workout even though I have come down with a pretty bad sore throat and symptoms of a virus...I'm in the middle of running erase pro...Anabeta elite...and intimidate and I don't want to let it go to waist...

what y'all think?

rhino67jg

rhino67jg

Awards
I think anyone who is sick, even with just the sniffles, should stay home & rest. Why put every one else in the gym at risk of catching what you have? Good supp's, but they wont go to waste. Your body is telling you to rest. You should listen to it

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
I think anyone who is sick shouldnt go to the gym...because I dont want what u have buddy,stay home and be considerate of others.Missing 3-4 days from the gym isnt wasting anything especially if u eat and train consistantly and right. This whole im going no matter what attitude,isnt impressive,to be honest. Kind of ignorant.

I just missed 4 days with a sinus infection.I didnt go cause i didnt wanna get others sick.

Rebel29073

Rebel29073

Awards
yeah even looking past the fact you might pass it along to other fitness enthusiasts you also have to consider when you work out you technically lower your immunities for a short period of time, until they supposedly bounce back stronger, so you make yourself more susceptible to catch other things that you may come into contact with.

Stay home and do yourself and others a favor.

Rebel29073

Rebel29073

Awards
I think anyone who is sick shouldnt go to the gym...because I dont want what u have buddy,stay home and be considerate of others.Missing 3-4 days from the gym isnt wasting anything especially if u eat and train consistantly and right. This whole im going no matter what attitude,isnt impressive,to be honest. Kind of ignorant.

I just missed 4 days with a sinus infection.I didnt go cause i didnt wanna get others sick.
Doctors swear sinus infections are not contagious but I call BS on that. My Gf has gotten them a few times in the last 2 years and I seem to come down with one shortly after she has one...coincidence? I think not.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
Doctors swear sinus infections are not contagious but I call BS on that. My Gf has gotten them a few times in the last 2 years and I seem to come down with one shortly after she has one...coincidence? I think not.
Dude,honestly i dnt think they are,mine are from allergic reactions( incense,potpurri,strong ass fragrances set them off),but it does break your body down/ immune system,so i dnt chance it...my girl actually hasnt got sick..But maybe thats chance of luck. I was on meds,so i consider it to be sick. Usually i take off of work,gym n stay home anyway.

the gym rat

the gym rat

Awards
good adive y'all...just sucks to finally be able to start a pretty good natty stack then boom!!! in the middle of it you get a sinus infection

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
You could work out at home, if you have some equipment there. doing something is better than nothing at all....although rest is good. I hate missing workouts due to being sick, esp if its not something debilitating ....like you say, you get on a roll on a cycle and you want to keep pace.

the gym rat

the gym rat

Awards
i guess i shoulda been more detailed...i have a complete home gym set up of smith machines, power racks, towers, barbell rack, benches, etc... i would rather spend money on a one time purchase instead of paying monthly dues to a gym....

i hear yall out...i hear some people say no dont workout cause it lowers your immune system even more then what it already is, others say fck it and keep pushin youll recover slower but your not waisting your cycle.....idk.....anyone been on a cycle and got sick but stuck it out??

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
hey guys,
wondering if I should continue to workout even though I have come down with a pretty bad sore throat and symptoms of a virus...I'm in the middle of running erase pro...Anabeta elite...and intimidate and I don't want to let it go to waist...

what y'all think?
I always found it better to suck it up and take the time OFF to rest.

an upset tummy ok go for it. ful blown attack on your system.... just rest a few days.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
i guess i shoulda been more detailed...i have a complete home gym set up of smith machines, power racks, towers, barbell rack, benches, etc... i would rather spend money on a one time purchase instead of paying monthly dues to a gym....

i hear yall out...i hear some people say no dont workout cause it lowers your immune system even more then what it already is, others say fck it and keep pushin youll recover slower but your not waisting your cycle.....idk.....anyone been on a cycle and got sick but stuck it out??
I have done both. rest the few days, your body is run down its run down, why prolong it.
I see it being more of a wast TO work out when sick, not the other way around. (im talking very sick, flue etc.)

i would still work out at the tail end of a flue or something. but i know if i get hit with bug i take 1-4 days off extra and its seemed to work better then being hard on myself mentaly and physicaly

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
I remember i got a bad one a while back, you would NOT beleive what came out like a week later!!!!
a friggen leaf and small bud of my MEDICAL AND FULLY LEGAL herb!!!
i guess i was smalling too close and up it went. the plant material got stuck and wet and well, bacteria...
man i went though HELL and was put on meds. when i say that i though it HAS to have been that.(wsnt able to breath from nose so it was nop after)
HAHAHA

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
If you're sick, then all you're doing is suppressing an already compromised system by doing exercise. Give your body the rest it needs to recover, and maintain proper diet throughout. A few days off is not going to be the end of the world.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
If you're sick, then all you're doing is suppressing an already compromised system by doing exercise. Give your body the rest it needs to recover, and maintain proper diet throughout. A few days off is not going to be the end of the world.
Was going to say the same

the gym rat

the gym rat

Awards
yeah after my last post almost like clock work...dang throat swelled up pretty much shut...breathing through my nose with these patch strips for the nose...lol almost as if the weightlifting saints said NO! lol so needless to say I'm not there and won't be for a while...

you alls advice is great and will be greatly herd next time I or someone else close to me gets a bug

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Keep running the ABE, as anacyclus pyrethrum is a strong immunostimulant. Might want to hop off EP for a bit though

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
Might want to hop off EP for a bit though
Why is that?? I got over a sinus infection,4 days off gym and still took my DAA and EP every day. Was that a mistake.

I was on meds.
ZPac and some steroid i was subscribed.