Post Workout Plant Protein

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
Hi, so I like to occasionally rotate my foods so I don't eat the same thing all the time. I just went through a 5 pound tub of whey protein Isolate and I wanted a little bit of a temporarily change. Can you guys suggest a good solid plant protein that doesn't taste like crap that I can take post workout?? Thanks!!

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
i didnt even know plant protein shakes existed..why not just stick with whey or a protein blend like trutein.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
What's wrong with food? I mean assuming that all of us here know and agree Protein is just a Macronutrient and its better from real food, of course haha.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
Gemma pea isolate. Digest faster than whey and is 96 or 97 bioavailability. Pretty clean taste from true protein I think.
How does it taste and what flavors are good?? Also is it a complete protein, because I know many plant proteins aren't complete proteins

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
How does it taste and what flavors are good?? Also is it a complete protein, because I know many plant proteins aren't complete proteins
Explain what do you mean by "complete" protein...because that would be based upon micro-nutrient and amino-acid value/content...and that you only get the best of it out of real whole meals...or Ultra Peptide, but I am against the compulsive need for powders.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
Explain what do you mean by "complete" protein...because that would be based upon micro-nutrient and amino-acid value/content...and that you only get the best of it out of real whole meals...or Ultra Peptide, but I am against the compulsive need for powders.
Complete protein means it contains high amounts of all essential amino acids. And I've noticed a huge difference when I have a post workout shake before dinner instead of eating right after a workout. Its not just BS it definately adds more mass!!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Complete protein means it contains high amounts of all essential amino acids. And I've noticed a huge difference when I have a post workout shake before dinner instead of eating right after a workout. Its not just BS it definately adds more mass!!
It is called a Leucine spike in the blood...buy Bulk Leucine and you will get the same effect, just have anywhere from 10-15g of Leucine before a meal and you can thus help in protein absorption rates.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is called a Leucine spike in the blood...buy Bulk Leucine and you will get the same effect, just have anywhere from 10-15g of Leucine before a meal and you can thus help in protein absorption rates.
3-5g will suffice. That's all that is needed to kickstart protein synthesis.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
I'll look into that

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
3-5g will suffice. That's all that is needed to kickstart protein synthesis.
I still have so much to learn hehe, but yes as Rodja said, a good amount of Leucine like 5g helps with Protein Synthesis :).

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I still have so much to learn hehe, but yes as Rodja said, a good amount of Leucine like 5g helps with Protein Synthesis :).
Rodja is an idiot :-D

I kid, I kid. Dang rodja, been on here for a while. Good to see another old school homie.....

1 scoop AI recover pro has 4gr/scoop. Cheap & tastes good.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
Cinamon Roll or banana perfection by gaspari,MYOFUSION..

amazingly deleicious

drooks10

drooks10

Awards
  • Established
I'm having trouble with this statement. I understand that every person is different, but I cannot see how this claim holds up. In order to gain mass, you are going to have to be in a caloric surplus...Assuming that the food and protein shake would contain equal amounts protein, it is not going to make any difference in the long-term.

For a protein choice though, I would go with Beverly International UMP. I know it's not plant-based, but it's the best I've used.

David
Team APPNUT

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
I for a long time just about cut out shakes,food and only food, s hake here n there..i just started about 2 months ago again with an immediate shake post workout and have been seeing differences.
But if your diet is on point and u eat enoug of everything necessary,then supps realy arent needed. But never hurt either :)

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
I for a long time just about cut out shakes,food and only food, s hake here n there..i just started about 2 months ago again with an immediate shake post workout and have been seeing differences.
But if your diet is on point and u eat enoug of everything necessary,then supps realy arent needed. But never hurt either :)
That's all I'm trying to do. I have my diet on point, but I think the postworkout shake really does make a difference. Anyway I just ordered Lifetime Life's Basics Plant Protein Chocolate. 2 Tubs, which is like 2.44 pounds or something. I'll try it out for a while then maybe switch back to Whey Protein.

Lutztenways

Lutztenways

Awards
I noticed the opposite. I've never had a bigger transformation in strength and appearance than when I switched from powdered protein to 95% whole food protein sources. My overall protein intake even decreased. (the only other change that has ever made such a drastic impact is when I started deadlifting regularly)