Testosterone boosters after long term prescription narcotics?

Doinwork24

Awards
Hey everyone, I am a 23 yr old male, who has been taking oxycodone as prescribed for the last year. I am 2 days off after a slow taper down and want to raise my testosterone levels back to normal.. I was only on a maximum of 35 mg a day at the peak but it has dropped my levels hard. I was tested multiple times and the highest test was around 280. Do you think something like arom x rd would be beneficial in my situation? Thanks everyone in advance I'm so happy to be lifting again and to be getting my body back to where it should be!

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey everyone, I am a 23 yr old male, who has been taking oxycodone as prescribed for the last year. I am 2 days off after a slow taper down and want to raise my testosterone levels back to normal.. I was only on a maximum of 35 mg a day at the peak but it has dropped my levels hard. I was tested multiple times and the highest test was around 280. Do you think something like arom x rd would be beneficial in my situation? Thanks everyone in advance I'm so happy to be lifting again and to be getting my body back to where it should be!
why did you not ask with your Doc i asume he`s already know this will decrease your testosterone levels.

Doinwork24

Awards
why did you not ask with your Doc i asume he`s already know this will decrease your testosterone levels.
I did bring it up to her and she said that yes they were low but not below a normal range. She also said they would come up on their own in due time. I would just like to know if a test booster would help get me there faster. My doc just didn't seem very concerned and she told me thy this is normal

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Don't take a test booster at this stage. Your doctor is right: let your levels naturally recover. I personally wouldn't potentially mess with feedback loops at this delicate stage

Doinwork24

Awards
Ok thanks for your input I really appreciate it. Does anyone have any idea how long it would take for levels to start to return to normal? I have searched online but haven't been able to find anything other than people who use stronger opiates illicitly saying that there's was low but nothin about recovery times.

Doinwork24

Awards
Snap I was hoping it wouldnt take that long.. Will that make my gains slower while I start back up?

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Since you are just starting back you don't need to worry about it. Remember that training and lifting will increase your test levels. Eat right, sleep right (Incredibly important for hormone levels!!), and train hard. Those are the keys you need. Not a test booster.