Healthy Joints: Super Cissus or Fish Oils?

DeCooper

Awards
Lifting is one of the main key factors I do daily. I love it, live for it. Last school year, my shoulder started giving me problems, due to heavy weight lifting, and probably to much repetitions. I currently have had another shoulder problem, which is not very healthy. I really would like to fix the issue, and have been recommended both Super Cissus and Fish Oil in general. If you have taken both, and know which one has offered more benefits to your Joints and Muscles, please let me know.

-Thanks again, Devin. :D

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I would say Orange Oximega is your best bet for fish oils honestly. Also if you are looking for a useful and economic joint support supplement I would say Cissus-XT , I have had it for some weeks now and my shoulder has stopped giving me troubles bro!

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
Ive had good success using Schiffs Glucosomine,msm,ha along with daily fish oils,which is a given.

Had a nagging shoulder for a while now and started taking Schiffs and within 6-8 days no bother.Problem was mainly rear delt,db flys and db presses(incline or flat) would aggrvate the hell out of it.No problems any more.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I would say Orange Oximega is your best bet for fish oils honestly. Also if you are looking for a useful and economic joint support supplement I would say Cissus-XT , I have had it for some weeks now and my shoulder has stopped giving me troubles bro!
Gonna have to agree with this. These + Orange Triad will have you covered

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Gonna have to agree with this. These + Orange Triad will have you covered
Oh yes , the addition of the Flex and Joint complex in OT is magnificent. Great combo.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
i use OT, vitamin shoppe fish oil, and fnutrition flexible

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Check out Athletic Xtreme Athletes Joint Restore
AJR2XMoney.png

From the AX Knowledge-Base

The glucosamine nutritional supplements that you will find on the health food store shelf are primarily being produced by one of two different methods; hydrolysis of crustacean shells or microbial grain fermentation

Chondroitin can come from natural sources, such as shark or bovine cartilage, or it can be made in a lab. Chondroitin is also known as chondroitin sulfate.

Cartilage is one of the primary connective tissues of the body, providing flexibility and support to your joints. Undenatured Type II Collagen is the principal structural protein in cartilage that is responsible for the strength and toughness. UCII is derived from chicken sternum cartilage, UC-II is made of Undenatured (native) Type II Collagen that works to repair and keep joints healthy. UCII is the only Undenatured Type II Collagen available. Other forms of type II collagen sold as dietary supplements are denatured, or hydrolyzed which makes them only a fraction as effective for repairing and supporting joints and tissue.

In a recent Randomized Double-Blind Study UCII was shown to be More than Twice as Effective than Glucosamine + Chondroitin.

BiovaFlex is an all-natural ingredient derived from eggshell membrane that is designed to repair and support joints. It gives your joints vital tissue rebuilding nutrients contained within eggshell membrane. The eggshell membrane is the unique protective barrier between the egg white and the egg shell.

In a 67 patient study published in the March 2009 issue of a peer-reviewed scientific journal they found that patients reported a positive outcome as soon as 10 days after beginning to take the supplement. And in an open-label study published in May 2009 they found that supplementing with egg membrane supported increased joint flexibility within 7 days.

Here’s what eggshell membrane contains:
•Collagen – A fibrous protein that supports cartilage and connective tissue strength and elasticity.
•Elastin – A protein that supports cartilage repair.
•Desmosine and isodesmosine – Two amino acids that support elastin’s cartilage repair.
•Glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) – Vital polysaccharides that are structural components of your connective tissue.
•Transforming growth factor-b - A protein that supports tissue rejuvenation.

Athletic Xtreme is the first and only company in the industry to use BiovaFlex, the only water-soluble and clinically studied eggshell membrane ingredient made in the USA.

NutraPlanet -- Athletic Xtreme Athletes Joint Restore

Painful joints can be unbearable. Good Luck with your shoulder; I truly hope you find relief.

rw357

Awards
I would try the athletes joint restore, but that much vitamin d3 plus my multi vitamin seems too much.

rmaini

Awards
Cissus + Oximega + Elastamine works wonders for my shoulder and knee.

AthleticXtreme

AthleticXtreme

Awards
  • Established
I would try the athletes joint restore, but that much vitamin d3 plus my multi vitamin seems too much.
That much D3 can leave you feeling great. I've been mega dosing D3 for a while and just mentally I feel good. Maybe this is fron the test increase, I don't know but I am sold on the large doses of D3 for people that are physically active.

Medical420

Medical420

Awards
That much D3 can leave you feeling great. I've been mega dosing D3 for a while and just mentally I feel good. Maybe this is fron the test increase, I don't know but I am sold on the large doses of D3 for people that are physically active.
Agreed, I take 4000iu d3 3x daily, the mood improvements and joint relief is extremely noticeable, I have not tried cissus of any type, although interested.

iPhone AM.com app

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
As someone that has had three knee surgeries in the last three years, I can tell you that I have tried just about everything out there to fight joint pain/discomfort. These are the products I would recommend:

Fish oil: as other have said, this should be taken every day for a multitude of benefits. It will help some with joint issues.
Orange Triad: A good multi for someone with mild joint issues or if you just want to make sure you are doing what you can for optimum joint health.
Osteo-Sport: A dedicated joint product that is geared towards training athletes that are hard on their joints and need help with recovery/pain.
Cissus: This is the last step for serious joint pain/inflammation. It works wonders but may not be necessary if you are just looking for basic joint support. I have had great results with Osteobolin-C, SuperCissus RX, and bulk Cissus from Primaforce.

drooks10

drooks10

Awards
  • Established
I would certainly use them both. You should look into our products Osteobolin-C and Osteo-Sport. Let me know if you have any questions about either.

David
Team APPNUT

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Super Cissus and Fish Oil are both great to take.. Fish Oil gives you more than just joint support though. I use them both!

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have seen quite a few people very pleased with these two products taken together.