Understanding Creatine: Does it work?

D

DeCooper

Awards
Hey everyone, I'm really interested in Creatine. The thing is, I don't plan to take it forever. I was wondering one of the biggest key factors that everyone tends to wonder, does it work? Not gain muscle, but working as a full. If I take it for months, then quit using it, will my muscle mass decrease? I've heard a few people in our gym say if you quit taking it, you lose muscle mass. True or Fiction? Let me know, that way I know if I should take it or not.

Thanks for your help, Devin. :)

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Use the search function, lots of information to be had on creatine as it's probably THE most validated supplement on the market.

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Creatine may actually increase LBM (in a non-H2O dependent manner) due to its ability to upregulate certain genetic machinery associated with anabolism/anti-catabolism.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Creatine may actually increase LBM (in a non-H2O dependent manner) due to its ability to upregulate certain genetic machinery associated with anabolism/anti-catabolism.
coop always knows his stuff. great explanation

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
Decooper,yes absolutley it works.Should be a reg supp in every bodys diet and supps who weightlifts.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
:thumbsup:

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
While your advise is great,like always Cooper.Someone completley new to supps and working out may not,most likley ownt understand..So to speak in this lingo to a newb,is hardly impressive and not really helpful.maybe give it to him in a way he can understand,just saying man. everything doesnt always have to sound so complex and scientific bro =)

while I and many others here know what you mean,these rookie kids dont.

not trying to be a dick,but im thinking this kid read your response and has no fkn clue at all what your talking about.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
While your advise is great,like always Cooper.Someone completley new to supps and working out may not,most likley ownt understand..So to speak in this lingo to a newb,is hardly impressive and not really helpful.maybe give it to him in a way he can understand,just saying man. everything doesnt always have to sound so complex and scientific bro =)

while I and many others here know what you mean,these rookie kids dont.

not trying to be a dick,but im thinking this kid read your response and has no fkn clue at all what your talking about.
Maybe he should figure it out, the response wasn't that complicated, and it was written in english.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
Maybe he should figure it out, the response wasn't that complicated, and it was written in english.

ok man,lol. Your right,maybe he should..good dickhead attitude..Now you can sleep tonight cause i said your right

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
They both have the name Cooper so maybe it's his little brother?

:dunno:

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ok man,lol. Your right,maybe he should..good dickhead attitude..Now you can sleep tonight cause i said your right
No man you're right. I think that you should go to his house, sit him down and explain it too him step by step. Now I can sleep tonight....LOL

akoli

akoli

Awards
Creatine doesn't work for everybody, I think it's like 30% of people don't respond to it.
Just do all the research you can and then try it, only way you'll know.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
Creatine doesn't work for everybody, I think it's like 30% of people don't respond to it.
interesting.IDk anyone it didnt work for.So im curious where did you find this info?

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
I think that you should go to his house, sit him down and explain it too him step by step. Now I can sleep tonight....LOL

See ,thats the attitude man & i already bought my plane ticket... Dont you feel so much better now =)))))???

I DO !

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
See ,thats the attitude man & i already bought my plane ticket... Dont you feel so much better now =)))))???

I DO !
??? See I understand Coopers posts better than yours....LOL

akoli

akoli

Awards
interesting.IDk anyone it didnt work for.So im curious where did you find this info?
hey man i found the article its here on this site , think its called creatine and me, sorry cant post the link but i havent had 50 posts yet.
it says 33% of people dont respond to it. and thanks for the credit to bring my rep up :)

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
hey man i found the article its here on this site , think its called creatine and me, sorry cant post the link but i havent had 50 posts yet.
it says 33% of people dont respond to it. and thanks for the credit to bring my rep up :)
Cool man,lol..no sweat bro.thnx dude.

Anyway,ive always had good luck with creapure.I never load but use 5gms a day and by time im saturated its 3 -4 weeks later and i start feeling strength and endurance boost up.Nothing insane,but does what it is suppose to.

akoli

akoli

Awards
Np man, ya it works for me too, just restarted creatine hcl after a long break.

akoli

akoli

Awards
Np man, ya it works for me too, jumped back on hcl a few days ago.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey everyone, I'm really interested in Creatine. The thing is, I don't plan to take it forever. I was wondering one of the biggest key factors that everyone tends to wonder, does it work? Not gain muscle, but working as a full. If I take it for months, then quit using it, will my muscle mass decrease? I've heard a few people in our gym say if you quit taking it, you lose muscle mass. True or Fiction? Let me know, that way I know if I should take it or not.

Thanks for your help, Devin. :)

Let me introduce you to the internet and a site called Google.

Bigchourico

Bigchourico

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No man you're right. I think that you should go to his house, sit him down and explain it too him step by step. Now I can sleep tonight....LOL

LMFAO

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Let's remember to help the young man not ridicule him....

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I remember 55% of statistics being made up...Including this one :D!
Np man, ya it works for me too, jumped back on hcl a few days ago.
Creatine Monohydrate is the most researched and useful supplement in the industry...HCL is just an expensive way of leaning out the wallet...if you like that go ahead.

Whoever is not responsive to Mono can try Magnesium Creatine Chelate, or maybe with either of them try dosing them like this:

300mg Na-R-Ala and 20 mins later 3-5g of CM or MCC...you can either do the "loading" phase for a week with megadoses (no real point) or wait 3 weeks for your creatine stores get saturated...do not expect to put up 20lbs on your bench or 50 on your squat, be reasonable it is a supplement after all...that said it is proven to help in MANY ways...like many have said here...google.com is your friend...but saying 33% of people are non-responsive to creatine without any proof is quite...well non-scientifical and there are different kinds of creatine if you are not absorbing Mono well...

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
Np man, ya it works for me too, just restarted creatine hcl after a long break.
I have tried AKG,momno,creapure mono and effervescent( which is solid)..right now im using ONs creatine creapure mono,its really all i use..
also have a tub of creatine CGP by Metabolic sitting around,gonna run it soon.

just ordered Allmax creatine as weell,Creapure brand ofcourse =)

Rebel29073

Rebel29073

Awards
I always thought age could be a factor in Creatine supplementation non response?

I have tried kre-alk for 30 days as prescribed and saw nothing at all. I tried Concret as prescribed and saw nothing as well. Some said stick it out for more weeks and I will get a result but I went back to plain ole Mono (Creapure) dosed on workout days only, which for me is every other day. My PWO also includes some form or creatine as well as a rule. Honestly I wasnt disolving mine in warm water and dosing in the AM prior to any insulin spike taking place so I employed that method just this past week in hopes I start to see something.

interesting reads here.

http://examine.com/supplements/Creatine/

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I always thought age could be a factor in Creatine supplementation non response?

I have tried kre-alk for 30 days as prescribed and saw nothing at all. I tried Concret as prescribed and saw nothing as well. Some said stick it out for more weeks and I will get a result but I went back to plain ole Mono (Creapure) dosed on workout days only, which for me is every other day. My PWO also includes some form or creatine as well as a rule. Honestly I wasnt disolving mine in warm water and dosing in the AM prior to any insulin spike taking place so I employed that method just this past week in hopes I start to see something.

interesting reads here.

http://examine.com/supplements/Creatine/
Yeah it's natural you realized effects only dosing on WO days, Creatine is really just needed to be dosed 3-5g EOD , some say at least 4 days a week...but it's all you need. Rest of it comes (if diet is good) from red meat sources.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
I do also firmly believe that Creatine doesnt play that much a factor with age when coming to strength gains and endurance.With age test lowers,which results in a harder time to get stronger and build muscle,we all know that. Which is why when ppl bulk they up redmeats,not only for the fat content but being it contains creatine. Redmeat will help put on size and weight,which in turn gives more strength but being it also has creatine naturally im sure that plays a factor as well in any strength gains made.

ppl dont bulk with redmeat for no reason.

i could be wrong,but my whole statement seems pretty legit,lol,I think =)

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Jay I bulk, cut and Recomp on Red Meat. You can never go wrong with a freshly well seasoned steak, any day of the week.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
Jay I bulk, cut and Recomp on Red Meat. You can never go wrong with a freshly well seasoned steak, any day of the week.
Celorza,I agree,your also 21 brotha..lets no forget even if you go with lean cuts,ts still contains fats in some way and is always higher in calories then fish and chicken,obviousley. As you get older your metabolism slows down.which can make eating redmeat yr round tough to do. Im 34,metabolism is fairly good,but not what it use to be.When i cut these days,i basically cut redmeat an carbs quiet hard.Not competley out of my diet,but 80% of my diet becomes chicken when it comes to meats.

should redmeat be eaten yr round especially if you weightlift,yes ofcourse.But at certain times depending the individual,it may have to be cut hard. Like i do now but didnt just up to 4-5 years ago

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Celorza,I agree,your also 21 brotha..lets no forget even if you go with lean cuts,ts still contains fats in some way and is always higher in calories then fish and chicken,obviousley. As you get older your metabolism slows down.which can make eating redmeat yr round tough to do. Im 34,metabolism is fairly good,but not what it use to be.When i cut these days,i basically cut redmeat an carbs quiet hard.Not competley out of my diet,but 80% of my diet becomes chicken when it comes to meats.

should redmeat be eaten yr round especially if you weightlift,yes ofcourse.But at certain times depending the individual,it may have to be cut hard. Like i do now but didnt just up to 4-5 years ago
Hm I would agree that the elder you become the more dangerous the Saturated Fat content and Iron content in Red meat become more prominent. However as long as you are not suffering from any Heart-Related or Lipid-Related Issues....Indulge Away :D! But of course, for general health, keeping an eye on Cholesterol and Lipid Panels is quite important, not to mention Blood Pressure and its correlation to saturated fats and perhaps proper supplementation like CoQ10 , Niacin , EPA/DHA and Hawthorn Berry.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
1-Hm I would agree that the elder you become the more dangerous the Saturated Fat content and Iron content in Red meat become more prominent. 2-However as long as you are not suffering from any Heart-Related or Lipid-Related Issues....Indulge Away :D! 3-But of course, for general health, keeping an eye on Cholesterol and Lipid Panels is quite important, not to mention Blood Pressure and its correlation to saturated fats and perhaps proper supplementation like CoQ10 , Niacin , EPA/DHA and Hawthorn Berry.
1-I agree and knew that
2-I disagree as u can create those problems if u keep to high a diet with sat fats
3-I knew the first half,but not the second half,lol

anyway very informaitive,good job!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
1-I agree and knew that
2-I disagree as u can create those problems if u keep to high a diet with sat fats

3-I knew the first half,but not the second half,lol

anyway very informaitive,good job!
Not necessarily , many people here are Die-Hard Keto Fans and go 5-6 days in LOW CARB and high...REAL HIGH fats and only reload glycogen with fats once a week...and they are fine anyway. Look for them in the nutrition section, its interesting how much they hate carbs and how well they can bulk up on protein and HIGH fats.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
Not necessarily , many people here are Die-Hard Keto Fans and go 5-6 days in LOW CARB and high...REAL HIGH fats and only reload glycogen with fats once a week...and they are fine anyway. Look for them in the nutrition section, its interesting how much they hate carbs and how well they can bulk up on protein and HIGH fats.
very interesting.im going to check this out. Thnx

D

DeCooper

Awards
Nope, not related to him, and no I don't quite understand what Mr. Cooper was saying.. Lol. But aslong as it doesn't decrease muscle mass after I quit using it when I go to Bootcamp, I could care less lol. Thanks for all the help!

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
Nope, not related to him, and no I don't quite understand what Mr. Cooper was saying.. Lol. But aslong as it doesn't decrease muscle mass after I quit using it when I go to Bootcamp, I could care less lol. Thanks for all the help!
TY and that was my point and i got flamed for it,lol..Pm me,ill explain better. Im not going to be on rest of tonite but when i get on tommorow,ill reply in a more simple way,lol.
You wont lose muscle...it will help in many ways to build muscle. Remeber u r doing this all natural u will always be able to keep somewhat most gains if u choose to or stop in lets say 10 yrs and thats cause u r building your own foundation.If u were to stop u woukdnt shrivel to nothing,lol..Dont worry about it.

D

DeCooper

Awards
Good, because I plan to use Creatine, Protein, and Amino Acids throughout High School, but when I stop taking them, but continue to workout, I just didn't want to lose muscle mass like people said I would if I quit taking Creatine.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
Good, because I plan to use Creatine, Protein, and Amino Acids throughout High School, but when I stop taking them, but continue to workout, I just didn't want to lose muscle mass like people said I would if I quit taking Creatine.
Dude,once u start taking it u wont stop..it will be a reg and shoukd be a rwg in your diet if u train with weights.

D

DeCooper

Awards
The point is, I HAVE to stop when I go through Boot camp for the Marines. If it was my choice, I'd keep taking it daily.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
The point is, I HAVE to stop when I go through Boot camp for the Marines. If it was my choice, I'd keep taking it daily.
Time off of it is good as well..but not necessary most say..i cycle everything anyway.
As for the armed forces,idk man,i was never there so idk man.