Preworkout powders turning into rocks :( still good?

KenTheEagle

KenTheEagle

Awards
  • Established
Hello buddies, im starting a cycle soon, but for now id like to use preworkouts... i have like 3 preworkouts, flashover, c4 and hemorage... i never use prewos on a daily basis, i use em for like 2 weeks, and quit... so i still have these 3, but despite the expiration date wich is in 2013, they look bad, the c4 and hemorage looks darker in colour and theres tons of chunks, the consistency of the powder is hard... altho, when i mix it it dissolves well, but, should i send these to the trash? or still g2g? i wonder why this happen :( . by the way, the flashover is the newest, and its going the same way, i never expose em to sunlight, i wonder why this happen.

steppinRazor

Awards
Sounds like it got exposed to a bit of moisture. Did you leave the little silca gel packets in there?

Ohhh and yeah, I'd say they're still good

KenTheEagle

KenTheEagle

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like it got exposed to a bit of moisture. Did you leave the little silca gel packets in there?

Ohhh and yeah, I'd say they're still good
Thanks my friend, glad to hear they are still good, because they expire until 2013, and no, it doesnt have a silica packet in it, none of the preworkouts ive bought had em... maybe i should throw in some next time i buy em LOL.

Smoke that **** broski
LMAO will do :biggthumpup:

KenTheEagle

KenTheEagle

Awards
  • Established
LOL are you serious chikTL?, should i put em in the freezer? :think:

boogyman

Awards
I just grind out a scoop and mix it up if that happens.

KenTheEagle

KenTheEagle

Awards
  • Established
thanks man i just took my c4, so yummy :D

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
freezer and blender should work. Everything should be fine.

cokeholio

cokeholio

Awards
  • Established
Yeah of they become like that I usually shake the **** out of the tub rocks will usually crumble up

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I store most of my preworkout powders in the freezer and also my citruline malate and that keeps them
from clumping up so the freezer or the refrig are the best place to store them once you open the container.

KenTheEagle

KenTheEagle

Awards
  • Established
Thank you all for the responses, i took my c4 and and trained very cool :D! so it still work, next time i buy a prewo, ill consider in putting it in the fridge.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you all for the responses, i took my c4 and and trained very cool :D! so it still work, next time i buy a prewo, ill consider in putting it in the fridge.
Glad to hear it worked out. Was going to tell you to place it on a coffee table and smash it down with a TV remote into a fine powder and snort it with a rolled up $100 dollar bill... but it looks like you figured it out ;)

KenTheEagle

KenTheEagle

Awards
  • Established
So I guess it worked :)
The prewo yes, the method... eh i didnt try it but, now that you mention i probably will and trust in you... ill tell you how it goes :D . so bassically i put it in the freezer for a day-night and the powder will be fixed?

chikthatlifts

chikthatlifts

Awards
The prewo yes, the method... eh i didnt try it but, now that you mention i probably will and trust in you... ill tell you how it goes :D . so bassically i put it in the freezer for a day-night and the powder will be fixed?
I have tried this trick with pwo's, l-carnitine tartrate, bcaa's and creatine and it hasn't failed me yet. The clumping issue seems to be more prevalent over the summer when it's much more humid.

KenTheEagle

KenTheEagle

Awards
  • Established
I have tried this trick with pwo's, l-carnitine tartrate, bcaa's and creatine and it hasn't failed me yet. The clumping issue seems to be more prevalent over the summer when it's much more humid.
Thanks a lot for the tip, will try it and tell you how it worked... BTW i highly recommend c4! amazing stuff :D

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Let's revive this for a little tip, and a "do not try".

My G8 starting getting a little clumpy because I rarely need it, and pretty much use it for samples only.

I decided to stick it in the NutriBullet and then add more moisture packets. It worked great and I could see that it was breaking up fine.

Until I let it run full course. It gets so hot that it made the clumsiness worse/harder.

So, next time if I let it get this far I'll only run it until I notice it's finely grounded then unplug it. And as I do with other PWOs that last a while, I'll add the moisture packets as I run out of other items that have them leftover.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I cleaned it out, let everything cool, and did it again. It's better. Useable at least.