Beef liver tablets?

dvr2470

Awards
I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge on the supplementation of beef liver. I am thinking of either purchasing desicatted, argentinian beef liver tablets or powder. Any thoughts or suggestions on this? Is there a risk of iron overdose? I recall others saying that you can't overdose on the form of iron in the beef liver but i dont know for sure. Also when is the optimal time to take it?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge on the supplementation of beef liver. I am thinking of either purchasing desicatted, argentinian beef liver tablets or powder. Any thoughts or suggestions on this? Is there a risk of iron overdose? I recall others saying that you can't overdose on the form of iron in the beef liver but i dont know for sure. Also when is the optimal time to take it?
No risk of Iron overdose on Beverly Ultra 40 (and I am betting it is that one) Anecdotal experiences have shown that in conjunction with Mass Aminos it has served as a good way of absorbing BCAAs better. I barely got a bottle of Ultra 40 and Mass Amino's and plan on taking them as per Side-Panel recommendation (1 cap per 10 lbs) for both of them.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
I used beef aminos by universal before...Dont really know if they did anything.Used it twice to be honest.

I think bcaas are a waste of money,tried them many times and cant ever say i saw anything.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Look into Universals uni liver and their beef tablets. Awesome supp for bulking. Natural effective. I take 10 with each meal. Maybe a little high for most people but it works specially when on gear

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
Look into Universals uni liver and their beef tablets. Awesome supp for bulking. Natural effective. I take 10 with each meal. Maybe a little high for most people but it works specially when on gear
There cheap as hell as well... Found a bottle for $9.99.

Might give it a go again since i have decided to get into supps alot more recently. Maybe roll with 6-8 a day either with one meal or 2.. Not sure what meal,either breakfast or dinner or both.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No risk of Iron overdose on Beverly Ultra 40 (and I am betting it is that one) Anecdotal experiences have shown that in conjunction with Mass Aminos it has served as a good way of absorbing BCAAs better. I barely got a bottle of Ultra 40 and Mass Amino's and plan on taking them as per Side-Panel recommendation (1 cap per 10 lbs) for both of them.
BI is far and away the best quality. I have used them with mass aminos as well and found solid results....just crazy amounts of pills all day long. I personally like mass aminos better solo

SLW2

SLW2

Awards
I used the Uni-Liver by universal and I didn't notice anything from them. They are cheap though so maybe worth a try to see if they seem to do anything for you.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
BI is far and away the best quality. I have used them with mass aminos as well and found solid results....just crazy amounts of pills all day long. I personally like mass aminos better solo
I know brother! I bought 1 of each from the planet! but yeah, taking 14 caps of each a day...its a bit much :D! Good to know its effective too!
There cheap as hell as well... Got a bottle for $9.99 from Vitamin Shoppe.

Might give it a go again since i have decided to get into supps alot more recently. Maybe roll with 6-8 a day either with one meal or 2.. Not sure what meal,either breakfast or dinner or both.
This is Nutraplanet's forum, please do not recommend any other stores.

feather319

feather319

Awards
The trick with beef liver is to buying liver from a 100% grass feed cow, cutting it up into chunks and freezing it in ice cube trays. I throw them back raw and swallow. I personally do not enjoy liver so this is the only way I can get them down. Conversely I stick an oz raw into the blender with coconut milk, kale, spinach and some fruit. You won't have iron overload unless you suffer from Hereditary Hemochromatosis which it is rare that you would.

yoshi5674

yoshi5674

Awards
  • Established
I use Universal's Uni-Liver and Beef Aminos, they help me with recovery/soreness.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
What is the advantage of beef liver besides high micronutrient and ArA content?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Interesting. And it allegedly increases protein synthesis.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It has to do with the ratios and iron content if I'm not mistaken, it has a more perfect ratio. It also is supposed to have a special compound in it, can't remember off the top of my head, but it's a powerful detox enzyme that deals with your muscles.

Basically look at the benefits of liver and that's liver tabs, just getting it in a "purer" form is the problem.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
I didn't think we took liver tabs anymore? I thought that was an olden days thing? like vince gironda in musclemag telling us to take a bunch of liver tabs and raw eggs with cream every 3-4 hours :D

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
It has to do with the ratios and iron content if I'm not mistaken, it has a more perfect ratio. It also is supposed to have a special compound in it, can't remember off the top of my head, but it's a powerful detox enzyme that deals with your muscles.

Basically look at the benefits of liver and that's liver tabs, just getting it in a "purer" form is the problem.
Liver is no doubt an extremely healthy protein source, but I'm not sure how this is reducing soreness as compared to other protein sources

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I didn't think we took liver tabs anymore? I thought that was an olden days thing? like vince gironda in musclemag telling us to take a bunch of liver tabs and raw eggs with cream every 3-4 hours :D
They're alive and well my friend. Hold the eggs and cream, unless it's bc youre making a bacon and cheese omlette....

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Liver is no doubt an extremely healthy protein source, but I'm not sure how this is reducing soreness as compared to other protein sources
Well, for the time being I can say this. I've done 4 hard core cuts. 1st two I used them, went great but thought the same, how is it any different that some extra protein? So I didn't for the third and just bump'd protein 25gr pr so & I lost size and was sore. This past prep, they were back on the menu and soreness was none existent this prep. I didn't use the last 2 weeks and I was sore but I admit that's not accurate, last two weeks of prep are pure hell anyways.

Edit: this is as a natural cut, I don't know if this still applies with use of ph/ps/AAS

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
so they help preserve muscle on a cut, or help build muscle on a lean gainer? or both? I know the beverly are pricey....I recall they were a dirt cheap supp back in the day. but i guess you get a 3-6 month supply depending if you take 4 or 8 per day. so not that bad at all.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so they help preserve muscle on a cut, or help build muscle on a lean gainer? or both? I know the beverly are pricey....I recall they were a dirt cheap supp back in the day. but i guess you get a 3-6 month supply depending if you take 4 or 8 per day. so not that bad at all.
Personally, I've used for both. More important on a cut, IMO. I dose 12-16/day so roughly 1.5-2month supply for me.

I'd presume when adding lean mass you could get away with using less and having the two extend longer.

I've also never used one, without the other. (Mass Aminos & Ultra 40's)

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Personally, I've used for both. More important on a cut, IMO. I dose 12-16/day so roughly 1.5-2month supply for me.

I'd presume when adding lean mass you could get away with using less and having the two extend longer.

I've also never used one, without the other. (Mass Aminos & Ultra 40's)
yeah definitely sounds like a supplement(s) better added to a cutter, but could be used in either application. thanks.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I has tub Ultra 40 in me kitchen, taking 12-14 a day.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Love them too. Take about 21-24 a day. Great old school supp. Big BI fan
sometimes I'm afraid to use old school methods :D you can get ripped a new one around here for much of that old school stuff....I guess liver tabs are one of the exceptions. go figure, I'd think it would be top of the "people used to do that but its been proven ineffective" list lol

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
sometimes I'm afraid to use old school methods :D you can get ripped a new one around here for much of that old school stuff....I guess liver tabs are one of the exceptions. go figure, I'd think it would be top of the "people used to do that but its been proven ineffective" list lol
Might not be as effective as people think for protein synthesis...but they do not do any harm , and I figured I might as well give it the honest try!

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
They're dirt cheap with a nice amino acid profile and some iron as well. Certainly not a bad addition in my opinion.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Hm...Coop says it contains some ArA also, and well...they are healthy :p and easier to get than just Raw Liver (Which I love when it is properly sauted with EVOO and Onions!)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
nah...old school is still quite effective....there is a reason it stood the test of time.

Hm...Coop says it contains some ArA also, and well...they are healthy :p and easier to get than just Raw Liver (Which I love when it is properly sauted with EVOO and Onions!)
If you get the appropriate brand...they are a great addition. I stick to a lot of the BI line and have seen nice results. Just can get costly when added with mass aminos

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
nah...old school is still quite effective....there is a reason it stood the test of time.

If you get the appropriate brand...they are a great addition. I stick to a lot of the BI line and have seen nice results. Just can get costly when added with mass aminos
yeah beverly is what most guys suggest.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
possibly one the best lines I have tried. 1 hell of a stack Ultra 40, Mass Aminos, UMP, and Provosyn

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
possibly one the best lines I have tried. 1 hell of a stack Ultra 40, Mass Aminos, UMP, and Provosyn
I have both Ultra 40 and Mass Aminos, got them from the planet actually :( , asked for some teensy little discount :p but it didn't happen and still bought haha. Good stuff so far! Helps me diggest better my high prot/fat meals that is! (Ultra 40)

murk01

murk01

Awards
I keep the 500count unilivers in stock. If u can OD on them I would have done it long ago. I take 4-6 with Evey meal. Good way to make up for protien shorts love them. Only problem it ur farts stink spool bad.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bro, im THE definition of old school with 90% of my methods....old school=tried and true. You WILL get results, sometimes it's not the most convenient, but it's tried and true....

Same goes for Ultra 40's. I'm fact, I'm buying some more now, and mass aminos! Lol

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Bro, im THE definition of old school with 90% of my methods....old school=tried and true. You WILL get results, sometimes it's not the most convenient, but it's tried and true....

Same goes for Ultra 40's. I'm fact, I'm buying some more now, and mass aminos! Lol
me too, old school for sure. I'm 40 and I've been lifting/supplementing since I was 15....So many of my methods are old school. Its just that some of it doesn't stand up to current science.....so you get your ass jumped sometimes :D sometimes an individual will have different results (positive) than the control group in a study.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I keep the 500count unilivers in stock. If u can OD on them I would have done it long ago. I take 4-6 with Evey meal. Good way to make up for protien shorts love them. Only problem it ur farts stink spool bad.
Uni liver kills me, especially with the formula change. Can't digest them

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I don't like, recommend or support anything that is Universal/Animal at all haha

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
That's the best part.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
I just bought some at NP....but at the 1 tab per lb of BW, and/or dozen to 14....won't last long with one 500 count bottle :D.....I guess I better take the larger amount rather than 9 per day (to last 2 months/56 days of cycle). 17 per day would last me one month almost exactly.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Agreed. Ultra 40 seems to be far less offensive.
I actually like the Universal ones. When someone is taking up a rack or machine I want in the gym, I casually walk by and crop dust them, then they get a whiff and move.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I actually like the Universal ones. When someone is taking up a rack or machine I want in the gym, I casually walk by and crop dust them, then they get a whiff and move.
Awesome. :lol:

Sadly I workout at home, so the only one punished is me.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Uni liver kills me, especially with the formula change. Can't digest them
boom.
now i've come across someone with the same problem..makes me feel better.

i sh!t out Universals undigested.

BI - never had a problem at all with. ultra-40s are also wayyy higher in actual liver, not to mention better sourcing.

huge fan of BI.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
boom.
now i've come across someone with the same problem..makes me feel better.

i sh!t out Universals undigested.

BI - never had a problem at all with. ultra-40s are also wayyy higher in actual liver, not to mention better sourcing.

huge fan of BI.
BI is far superior IMO as well as a better quality of product overall in comparison to universal(who I do like btw)

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
I am thinking of taking some gelcap aminos instead of the beverly....all those horse pills between liver and aminos will kill me....mostly by choking me. So I figure beverly liver with gelcap aminos....the aminos I'm looking at are gelatin/caseinate based.....is that "bad"? :D