Recovering from Surgery

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Registered User
    domore's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,921
    Rep Power
    966229

    Alrighty, tomorrow is the fifth day after my surgery.

    Beginning tomorrow, I will be incorporating these supplements, and these only, for my recovery process.

    Humanofort - 400mg before bed - Will probably be only to run it for 15 days at that dose.

    Cissus - 1g before breakfast/1g before dinner

    Protein & Bovine Plasma - My own version of ol' popular ErgoPharm's GF-Pro.

    Fish Oil - 2-3g EPA/DHA

  2. Registered User
    Dewey99's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    1,687
    Rep Power
    3238570

    Quote Originally Posted by domore
    Alrighty, tomorrow is the fifth day after my surgery.

    Beginning tomorrow, I will be incorporating these supplements, and these only, for my recovery process.

    Humanofort - 400mg before bed - Will probably be only to run it for 15 days at that dose.

    Cissus - 1g before breakfast/1g before dinner

    Protein & Bovine Plasma - My own version of ol' popular ErgoPharm's GF-Pro.

    Fish Oil - 2-3g EPA/DHA
    How are you doing? I am 7 days out now and am only taking Osteo-Sport and Ergobolic. I was warned about taking Cissus too early after surgery so I am holding off on it until 2 weeks out.
  3. Registered User
    domore's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,921
    Rep Power
    966229

    Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post
    How are you doing? I am 7 days out now and am only taking Osteo-Sport and Ergobolic. I was warned about taking Cissus too early after surgery so I am holding off on it until 2 weeks out.
    Not too bad, actually. Feeling decent. How are you?

    Hmm. I'll probably hold off on cissus for another week. What is the problem with taking it too early?
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    leprechaun1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The Hills
    Age
    43
    Posts
    147
    Rep Power
    1601

    Quote Originally Posted by Hot View Post
    Epharm joint force been helping alot aftr my knee sutgery
    Good stuff right here. Helped me recover quickly from a shoulder injury
  5. Registered User
    Mitch5's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    411
    Rep Power
    4422

    Tb500 (thymosine beta 4) could be of interest. It can heal wounded tissues, ligaments, and tendons. It's a polypeptide found on research Chem sites. People swear by it and it has a boat load of positive effects and no negative that I could find
  6. Registered User
    Dewey99's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    1,687
    Rep Power
    3238570

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch5
    Tb500 (thymosine beta 4) could be of interest. It can heal wounded tissues, ligaments, and tendons. It's a polypeptide found on research Chem sites. People swear by it and it has a boat load of positive effects and no negative that I could find
    Would be interested in Mr. Cooper's thoughts on this.
  7. Registered User
    Mitch5's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    411
    Rep Power
    4422

    Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99

    Would be interested in Mr. Cooper's thoughts on this.
    I read on post about a guy who took it, granted its personal experience and not a study or anything so take with a grain of salt, but the guy said he had a confirmed torn labrum and after running the tb500 he did not have to have surgery to fix it.

    Also makes your skin and hair shine and can possibly "re grow" hair.

    Lean muscle mass / fat loss is possible

    It is used in race horses for performance since it is not testable

    It is also used to heal heart attack patients hearts

    I'm thinking about using it pretty soon to help with joint injuries
  8. Registered User
    domore's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,921
    Rep Power
    966229

    Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post
    Would be interested in Mr. Cooper's thoughts on this.
    Yeah, me too. However, I think I'll probably stay away from it.
  9. Registered User
    Dewey99's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    1,687
    Rep Power
    3238570

    Quote Originally Posted by domore View Post
    Not too bad, actually. Feeling decent. How are you?

    Hmm. I'll probably hold off on cissus for another week. What is the problem with taking it too early?
    I am getting better but have a long road ahead of me.

    As far as why to avoid Cissus early on, it has to do with Cissus encouraging osteoblast formation and osteoclast inhibition through suppression of NF-KB, which can cause heterotopic bone growth and mess things up.
  10. Registered User
    domore's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,921
    Rep Power
    966229

    Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post
    I am getting better but have a long road ahead of me.

    As far as why to avoid Cissus early on, it has to do with Cissus encouraging osteoblast formation and osteoclast inhibition through suppression of NF-KB, which can cause heterotopic bone growth and mess things up.
    Learn something new every day! Glad to hear you are doing better. It is definitely going to take some time.

    So, two weeks is a good starting point, then? At two weeks, I am allowed to start bearing weight on my ankle, too.
  11. Registered User
    Dewey99's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    1,687
    Rep Power
    3238570

    Quote Originally Posted by domore View Post
    Learn something new every day! Glad to hear you are doing better. It is definitely going to take some time.

    So, two weeks is a good starting point, then? At two weeks, I am allowed to start bearing weight on my ankle, too.
    Yeah, I was told 2 weeks out would be good for Cissus. That's when I am going to start.
  12. Registered User
    domore's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,921
    Rep Power
    966229

    Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post
    Yeah, I was told 2 weeks out would be good for Cissus. That's when I am going to start.
    Okay, thanks a lot, Dewey. I'll be good to start in about a week or so.
  13. Registered User
    Steve_W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    25
    Posts
    161
    Rep Power
    200

    Doing a search - came across this thread. Tore my hamstring about a week ago, is a grade 2 tear so will be 4-6 weeks of no running or leg workouts :S. I asked this in another thread and was told cissus would be effective for overall anti-inflammatory effect, but are there any supps which can increase muscular regeneration/healing time? Eating 200g of protein/day (I'm 168lb) and trying to get a decent amount of fruit and veg in for anti-inflammatory effects also, but wondering if there is anything that can speed things up. Alot of the products I see mentioned in this thread are for joint health so not sure how relevant this is to muscular healing.
  14. Registered User
    Dewey99's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    1,687
    Rep Power
    3238570

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_W
    Doing a search - came across this thread. Tore my hamstring about a week ago, is a grade 2 tear so will be 4-6 weeks of no running or leg workouts :S. I asked this in another thread and was told cissus would be effective for overall anti-inflammatory effect, but are there any supps which can increase muscular regeneration/healing time? Eating 200g of protein/day (I'm 168lb) and trying to get a decent amount of fruit and veg in for anti-inflammatory effects also, but wondering if there is anything that can speed things up. Alot of the products I see mentioned in this thread are for joint health so not sure how relevant this is to muscular healing.
    A grade 2 hamstring tear is more about giving it time than anything else. I agree that Cissus may help from am anti-inflammatory standpoint. I can't really think of anything else supplement wise that will make a huge difference in your recovery. Time and patience are your friends in this situation.
  15. Registered User
    antihero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    253645

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_W View Post
    Doing a search - came across this thread. Tore my hamstring about a week ago, is a grade 2 tear so will be 4-6 weeks of no running or leg workouts :S. I asked this in another thread and was told cissus would be effective for overall anti-inflammatory effect, but are there any supps which can increase muscular regeneration/healing time? Eating 200g of protein/day (I'm 168lb) and trying to get a decent amount of fruit and veg in for anti-inflammatory effects also, but wondering if there is anything that can speed things up. Alot of the products I see mentioned in this thread are for joint health so not sure how relevant this is to muscular healing.
    You're really just going to be limited to rest and time.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time
    antihero [@] SeriousNutritionSolutions.com
  16. Registered User
    Steve_W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    25
    Posts
    161
    Rep Power
    200

    Quote Originally Posted by antihero View Post
    You're really just going to be limited to rest and time.
    Yeah I pretty much figured. I am going to use some cissus xt and also purchased some joint force as per recommendations in this thread coupled with lots of stretching, hate not being able to do squats!!
  17. Registered User
    antihero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    253645

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_W View Post
    Yeah I pretty much figured. I am going to use some cissus xt and also purchased some joint force as per recommendations in this thread coupled with lots of stretching, hate not being able to do squats!!
    Just make sure you keep up with whatever light things you can do (at this point it's most likely light walking). Keeping active in any means possible (even if it's very slight) can help decrease overall recovery time along with proper rest and nutrition.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time
    antihero [@] SeriousNutritionSolutions.com
  18. Registered User
    Steve_W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    25
    Posts
    161
    Rep Power
    200

    Quote Originally Posted by antihero View Post
    Just make sure you keep up with whatever light things you can do (at this point it's most likely light walking). Keeping active in any means possible (even if it's very slight) can help decrease overall recovery time along with proper rest and nutrition.
    Will do. What dosage of cissus do you guys recommend? I was reading around and 3g a day seems to be pretty popular?
  19. Registered User
    Dewey99's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    1,687
    Rep Power
    3238570

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_W

    Will do. What dosage of cissus do you guys recommend? I was reading around and 3g a day seems to be pretty popular?
    3g per day is perfect. I would dose two Cissus XT first thing in the AM and two more before bed. That's how I do it and it makes it very easy to follow a routine.
  20. Registered User
    Steve_W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    25
    Posts
    161
    Rep Power
    200

    Thanks, looking forward to the cortisol lowering aspect too. I love this forum
  21. Registered User
    antihero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    253645

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_W View Post
    Thanks, looking forward to the cortisol lowering aspect too. I love this forum
    Dewey got you covered.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time
    antihero [@] SeriousNutritionSolutions.com
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. anybody cycled while recovering from surgery?
    By r1ppedup in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-20-2012, 11:52 PM
  2. Replies: 137
    Last Post: 10-15-2007, 04:16 PM
  3. how long for body to recover from a short cycle?
    By nattyHST in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-10-2005, 02:01 PM
  4. 55 yr old recovering from Hit-and-Run
    By soma in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-19-2005, 04:50 PM
  5. 55 yr old recovering from Hit-and-Run
    By soma in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-13-2005, 01:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.