1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.07%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by domore View Post
    Learn something new every day! Glad to hear you are doing better. It is definitely going to take some time.

So, two weeks is a good starting point, then? At two weeks, I am allowed to start bearing weight on my ankle, too.
    Yeah, I was told 2 weeks out would be good for Cissus. That's when I am going to start.

2. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.94%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post
    Yeah, I was told 2 weeks out would be good for Cissus. That's when I am going to start.
    Okay, thanks a lot, Dewey. I'll be good to start in about a week or so.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.51%

Doing a search - came across this thread. Tore my hamstring about a week ago, is a grade 2 tear so will be 4-6 weeks of no running or leg workouts :S. I asked this in another thread and was told cissus would be effective for overall anti-inflammatory effect, but are there any supps which can increase muscular regeneration/healing time? Eating 200g of protein/day (I'm 168lb) and trying to get a decent amount of fruit and veg in for anti-inflammatory effects also, but wondering if there is anything that can speed things up. Alot of the products I see mentioned in this thread are for joint health so not sure how relevant this is to muscular healing.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.07%

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_W
    Doing a search - came across this thread. Tore my hamstring about a week ago, is a grade 2 tear so will be 4-6 weeks of no running or leg workouts :S. I asked this in another thread and was told cissus would be effective for overall anti-inflammatory effect, but are there any supps which can increase muscular regeneration/healing time? Eating 200g of protein/day (I'm 168lb) and trying to get a decent amount of fruit and veg in for anti-inflammatory effects also, but wondering if there is anything that can speed things up. Alot of the products I see mentioned in this thread are for joint health so not sure how relevant this is to muscular healing.
    A grade 2 hamstring tear is more about giving it time than anything else. I agree that Cissus may help from am anti-inflammatory standpoint. I can't really think of anything else supplement wise that will make a huge difference in your recovery. Time and patience are your friends in this situation.
  5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.26%

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_W View Post
    You're really just going to be limited to rest and time.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time
    antihero [@] SeriousNutritionSolutions.com
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.51%

Quote Originally Posted by antihero View Post
    You're really just going to be limited to rest and time.
    Yeah I pretty much figured. I am going to use some cissus xt and also purchased some joint force as per recommendations in this thread coupled with lots of stretching, hate not being able to do squats!!
  7. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.26%

Yeah I pretty much figured. I am going to use some cissus xt and also purchased some joint force as per recommendations in this thread coupled with lots of stretching, hate not being able to do squats!!
    Just make sure you keep up with whatever light things you can do (at this point it's most likely light walking). Keeping active in any means possible (even if it's very slight) can help decrease overall recovery time along with proper rest and nutrition.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.51%

Quote Originally Posted by antihero View Post
    Just make sure you keep up with whatever light things you can do (at this point it's most likely light walking). Keeping active in any means possible (even if it's very slight) can help decrease overall recovery time along with proper rest and nutrition.
    Will do. What dosage of cissus do you guys recommend? I was reading around and 3g a day seems to be pretty popular?
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.07%

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_W

Will do. What dosage of cissus do you guys recommend? I was reading around and 3g a day seems to be pretty popular?
    3g per day is perfect. I would dose two Cissus XT first thing in the AM and two more before bed. That's how I do it and it makes it very easy to follow a routine.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.51%

Thanks, looking forward to the cortisol lowering aspect too. I love this forum
  11. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.26%

Thanks, looking forward to the cortisol lowering aspect too. I love this forum
    Dewey got you covered.

Similar Forum Threads

1. anybody cycled while recovering from surgery?
    By r1ppedup in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-21-2012, 12:52 AM
  2. Replies: 137
    Last Post: 10-15-2007, 05:16 PM
  3. how long for body to recover from a short cycle?
    By nattyHST in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-10-2005, 03:01 PM
  4. 55 yr old recovering from Hit-and-Run
    By soma in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-19-2005, 05:50 PM
  5. 55 yr old recovering from Hit-and-Run
    By soma in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-13-2005, 02:41 AM