What's the ideal time to take Chromium Picolinate?

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
Should I take it in the morning, before bed or after meal? I'm currently taking it after my meal...

JD

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Should I take it in the morning, before bed or after meal? I'm currently taking it after my meal...

JD
Hm...To my understanding it was best around 30 minutes before a meal.

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
Hm...To my understanding it was best around 30 minutes before a meal.
I have heard that too... I took it before meal today... I've heard to take it on empty stomach also because fibre in food can block it from the body... Take it multiple times a day was another I read... It's confusing...

JD

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I have heard that too... I took it before meal today... I've heard to take it on empty stomach also because fibre in food can block it from the body... Take it multiple times a day was another I read... It's confusing...

JD
I would do 300mg Na-R-Ala , 20 mins later the chromium picollinate and then a meal 20 or so minutes later, all this on an empty stomach.

murk01

murk01

Awards
Yeh I think it regulates insulin. U taking it for weight loss? There are a lot of product that work better. But I guess if ur working zom insulin CP is good

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Yeh I think it regulates insulin. U taking it for weight loss? There are a lot of product that work better. But I guess if ur working zom insulin CP is good
Yeah, I would look into Slin Sane V2 as it will help with insulin and fat loss and has everything in one cap as opposed to trying to add in your own ingredients or guess on dosing.

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
Fat loss & maintenance... I lose fat quite easily, so if better means stronger, I may not need anything else... If I find I do want better, what would you recommend?

Add Slin Sane V2 to the chromium as others mentioned?

JD

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
Na-r-ala(it's in Slin Sane V2 just under 300mg per serving) mentioned by two people so far...

JD

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Fat loss & maintenance... I lose fat quite easily, so if better means stronger, I may not need anything else... If I find I do want better, what would you recommend?

Add Slin Sane V2 to the chromium as others mentioned?

JD
SSV2 is a complete formula that already has the Na-R-Ala in it amongst other good stuff.

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
Yellow gold, cheap and affective. (3 months for $30)

Glycobol is pretty good, haven't tried much else.

NeoVar is solid too, but some CP 20 min before a meal will suffice (200mcg)
I've actually got 1000mcg CP caps... So should be more than enough yeah?

JD

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
TrueNutrition has "Glucose Disposal Agent caps" with a nice concentration of cinnamon, gymenema sylvestra, r-lipoic acid, vanadyl, chromium, biotin.

Also -- most people overlook this effect but Sustain Alpha Gel is great for regulating blood sugar levels and increasing nutrient partitioning via enhance blood flow. Trans-resveratrol is great for carbohydrate shuttling.

-Matt

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've actually got 1000mcg CP caps... So should be more than enough yeah?

JD

I'd say so

TrueNutrition has "Glucose Disposal Agent caps" with a nice concentration of cinnamon, gymenema sylvestra, r-lipoic acid, vanadyl, chromium, biotin.

/QUOTE]

Wow, I didn't know this. They're always coming up with good stuff over there.

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards

Also -- most people overlook this effect but Sustain Alpha Gel is great for regulating blood sugar levels and increasing nutrient partitioning via enhance blood flow. Trans-resveratrol is great for carbohydrate shuttling.

-Matt
That is a good blend...

That topical gel looks very interesting... Have you or anyone you know used it?

JD

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
Australia sucks when it comes to supplements... Postage on one of the products mentioned is $37 for a little ass bottle... Postage is more than the product... Another isn't available here period...

JD

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That is a good blend...

That topical gel looks very interesting... Have you or anyone you know used it?

JD

HAHA,

Yes I love TN's glucose disposal caps on my higher carb days....

Also I use Sustain Alpha Gel for mood and erections,,,, but also get great vascularity and overall blood flow...I am now using it on the days I have super high carbohydrate intake too after researching more into trans-resveratrol and glucose control

Very cool stuff -- I actually rubbed it directly on my forearms for our sustain alpha write-up in that forearm shot....

-Matt

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Not at the moment but I have and will do so in the future. I'm partial to their muscle powder pre/intra/post. I haven't tried to many of their performance supplements. Mainly just bulk supp's, protein & carb blends.

I love their KarboLoad!!

And I like to double up on their flavoring system....double dose of cake batter

-Matt

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
I love their KarboLoad!!

And I like to double up on their flavoring system....double dose of cake batter

-Matt
That sounds delicious.

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
anyone interested in trying Sustain Alpha Gel for glucose control and better muscular pumps in the gym???

Let me know?

-Matt

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
A year lol, I received a bonus for last quarter. Bills are caught up so may as well
I always try to buy things in bulk to save money in the long term. Hell, it even goes for car insurance, when you pay a full year of coverage at a time you can save a couple hundred dollars depending on what you drive.

uvawahoowa

Awards
anyone interested in trying Sustain Alpha Gel for glucose control and better muscular pumps in the gym???

Let me know?

-Matt
I'd be down for that! You srs? Always looking for another way to control glucose/insulin, and who doesn't love the pumps?

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I always try to buy things in bulk to save money in the long term. Hell, it even goes for car insurance, when you pay a full year of coverage at a time you can save a couple hundred dollars depending on what you drive.
I saved hundreds on my car insurance by listening to antihero....

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'd be down for that! You srs? Always looking for another way to control glucose/insulin, and who doesn't love the pumps?
Nice --- have you used this in the past? Are you currently on an glucose disposal agents?

-Matt

uvawahoowa

Awards
Nice --- have you used this in the past? Are you currently on an glucose disposal agents?

-Matt
Haven't tried sustain before. Currently on a ****tail of GDAs, na-r-ala, bitter melon, HCA, slin sane before breakfast (pwo and biggest carb meal). Also take two caps of slinshot post workout.

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Haven't tried sustain before. Currently on a ****tail of GDAs, na-r-ala, bitter melon, HCA, slin sane before breakfast (pwo and biggest carb meal). Also take two caps of slinshot post workout.

Wow -- that is alot!!!!

You want to add try sustain alpha in conjunction or solo?

-Matt

uvawahoowa

Awards
Wow -- that is alot!!!!

You want to add try sustain alpha in conjunction or solo?

-Matt
Solo would probably give a better comparison to its GDA/pump effects, though I wouldn't be opposed to adding it in to see if there are any synergy

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Solo would probably give a better comparison to its GDA/pump effects, though I wouldn't be opposed to adding it in to see if there are any synergy

Nice -- I agree solo will help others see first hand what the product does..... just let me know when we can plan this

-Matt

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Trans-resveratrol is shown to regulate glucose in liver and skeletal muscle --[h=4]CONCLUSION: Supplemental resveratrol positively influences glucose metabolism pathways in the liver and skeletal muscle and leads to improved glucose control in a swine model of metabolic syndrome.[/h]

uvawahoowa

Awards
Trans-resveratrol is shown to regulate glucose in liver and skeletal muscle --[h=4]CONCLUSION: Supplemental resveratrol positively influences glucose metabolism pathways in the liver and skeletal muscle and leads to improved glucose control in a swine model of metabolic syndrome.[/h]
What size dose?