Petition for Supplement Science section - AnabolicMinds.com

Petition for Supplement Science section

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Post Petition for Supplement Science section

Please post your electronic signatures below if you're interested in such a thing. Hopefully we can get enough support and admin will take us up on this . I feel like a lot of great threads are made in this section, but they get lost through time due to the volume of product-related questions/logs/stacks etc. A supplement science section would be a great way to keep all things science "under one roof." Who's with me?
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

DJBeanPole approves!

GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
    STIMaholic & PHENADROL Now Available!
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I'm in! Consider this my signature
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  228 lbs.

I'm in!
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

I'm open to discussion

SCIENCE!

Name:  cerial.png
Views: 229
Size:  41.2 KB
  6. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterTruckr View Post
    SCIENCE!

Name:  cerial.png
Views: 229
Size:  41.2 KB
    SCIENCE???

GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
    STIMaholic & PHENADROL Now Available!
  8. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by DJBeanPole
    DJBeanPole approves!
    Name:  ForumRunner_20120829_001616.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  51.0 KB

Thumbs up Jesus wants science too!
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  9. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

IN!
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I'm in bud!
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
    Use code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbitnutrition.com
    I'm a Brooklyn boy I may take some gettin' use to
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I agree completely.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS
  12. Elite Member

Would love a section devoted to this. Some members here contribute a lot of good input on scientific studies and a dedicated place to post and discuss them would be very helpful.
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Don't know why this has not been brought up before. Definitely in for this
  14. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I'd be for it, but it has been brought up before. The issue is that it sort of needs to be a more strongly moderated area than the rest. Its almost impossible to try and have a more serious scientific conversation without control of the threads. You know, you'll get the broscience wizards involved with "you've got to have 6-8 meals a day spaced no more than 180 minutes apart", and the d!ck jokes, etc.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Signed... Airborne!
    Purus Labs Anabolic Titan/Rep
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
  16. New Member

Inn
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

I'm always angry.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Am.com
    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

Got Glycophase ...?

18. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

This would be a big plus!!
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  19. Pro Virili Parte

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I'd be for it, but it has been brought up before. The issue is that it sort of needs to be a more strongly moderated area than the rest. Its almost impossible to try and have a more serious scientific conversation without control of the threads. You know, you'll get the broscience wizards involved with "you've got to have 6-8 meals a day spaced no more than 180 minutes apart", and the d!ck jokes, etc.
    JudoJosh for Science mod!

Problem solved
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Signed....Dewey99
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

Celorza likes and supports this post with all his 140lbs of small might.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

^^^^Agreed. This idea jogs my memory back to the discussions (or lack there of) when the **** Oxygen canisters came out.

Br
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    JudoJosh for Science mod!

Problem solved
    I'll put my stamp of approval and signature on that.

Br
  24. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Yeah, if we can get a good 2-3 people to work as science mods, that ought to turn out really well
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  25. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED View Post
    ^^^^Agreed. This idea jogs my memory back to the discussions (or lack there of) when the **** Oxygen canisters came out.

Br
    I remember that debacle.

JudoJosh already posts studies all the time...I bet if we compiled a bunch of the threads he has started we'd have a decent beginning to a Science section.
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

Yeah, if we can get a good 2-3 people to work as science mods, that ought to turn out really well
    Coop for Main mod. Josh for Mod. PA as the sarcastic comment manager in charge of shunning wrong posts.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Coop for Main mod. Josh for Mod. PA as the sarcastic comment manager in charge of shunning wrong posts.
    I agree. Coop and Josh are great choices.
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post
    Smart choices could also be Angelbolic, Madchemist and nattydisaster.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  29. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post
    x2

So far between them and Zir RED most of the people whose posts I like to follow because they usually back stuff up with actual studies have posted in here.
  30. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  184 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    I hear ya...but why can't you discuss science here?
    I think they are looking for an area thats moderated a bit more to keep the Brosephs out.
  31. Pro Virili Parte

I was joking guys (but thanks for the support)

My vote would be for ZirRed
  32. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by boogyman

I think they are looking for an area thats moderated a bit more to keep the Brosephs out.
    I think overall because then there would be a section to cover ingredients and compounds, not which company is better. With a "Supplement Science" section the rules could be enforced differently with separate moderators as previously mentioned. In the supplement section, there are really no rules against reps or users coming in and saying THIS product is great.

A section to focus on research articles and science would be a win for everyone IMO.
  33. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10

x2

So far between them and Zir RED most of the people whose posts I like to follow because they usually back stuff up with actual studies have posted in here.
    Agreed 110%. I literally follow these guys from post to post, lurking and reading.
  34. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Im in, and ready to be blinded by it
  35. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolanrox
    Im in, and ready to be blinded by it
    I'll stay involved to help translate for the scientifically impaired
    This space for rent

36. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I'll stay involved to help translate for the scientifically impaired
    Science!
  37. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    We certainly can, and numerous threads have been created strictly in the name of scientific inquiry. However, most of these threads get lost amidst all the company-related threas within just a few days, so I think it would be beneficial to everyone to have a readily accessible section that discusses the latest and greatest on various ingredients, without (or with minimal) company bias involved. Look at PA/Dr. Houser's sections...for the most part, there is a much higher proclivity for members to learn simply because unique, science-based discussions have evolved from seemingly basic questions like "What do you think about BCAAs?" These are just my two cents and I think I'll live if we don't make a science section, but it would be awesome .
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  38. Pro Virili Parte

It would be useful because when you try to discuss something you end up with post like

"Bro I been on CEE for 2 weeks and the pumps and gains are sick! Up 15lbs already!"

Or when you challenge someones statement and question their thinking, logic or general ability to be objective in a discussion you get

"science isnt everything! I know what I know. Every pro does this and its true. You need 10 meals a deal to stoke metabolism. Its common sense, I dont need to prove it"

With a discussion section founded on objective reasoning and science it eliminates the brolore and challenges members to start questioning and thinking for themselves. More questions like, "Why do you suppose tribulus is such a great test booster?" and "What is the proposed MOA?" Instead of the typical type of questions like "which carb gives the best gains. Brown rice or white rice?". And yes while anecdotal evidence does has its place, n=1 experience seems to dominate every thread here. There isnt a good balance between actual evidence and bro i spired "evidence" in my opinion and this is what this proposed section would bring to the table. Simple rules like if you make a statement or are in a debate, try to remain objective and back you post up with the very least some sort of thought process and ideally some form of research. Be respectful and dont be a dik if you have a disagreement. Hostility is not welcome in debates. Too often when you are discussing something against someone and they realize that either they are wrong, dont know what the hell they are saying or you back them into a corner with evidence, they get hostile and resort to "how much can you bench then bro" or "lets see your pic" and other nonsense. A place where this isn't allowed would be amazing! And this does not mean there will not be disagreements among the more science minded members and the same rule will apply to them as well like, yes maurine models suck but for many cases its all we have. Or the in vivo vs in vitro disagreements. Also, no specific product bashing or even discussion for that matter would be helpful. Discuss ingredients and if you so choose you can discuss the interactions between multiple ingrediets. Simple things like this will set the tone for a great forum.

Examples, me and coop briefly discussed via PMs the health implications of TTA and I was tempted to make a thread but I know it will get over run with post like "I lost mad weight on DCP. Its legit!" same goes for berberine. We have had a couple post back in forth in various threads on its potential negative effects and again it gets drowned out by post full anecdotal evidence (mainly n=1) being passed off as empirical evidence. Hell i have a thread on blood sugar lowering adjuvants and it was going good but then turned into "insert company GDA" vs. "insert opposing company GDA". Same goes for a thread I was involved in on the topic of high gi vs low gi carbs and a thread on carbs post workout in general. These types of discussions are in valuable to the community but they consistent get drowned out by bickering, false claims and psuedo-science.

Or in other words, I sign this petition and support coops motion for this forum
  39. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  161 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MAxximal View Post
    I'm always angry.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Am.com
    You are quoting the wrong superhero!

Packers wont be happy!
    MEM->DCA->PHL->MEM
  40. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Invycktus View Post
    You are quoting the wrong superhero!

Packers wont be happy!
    One does not simply Mix DC Comics with Marvel Universe Comics...
    >SNS-Glycophase<

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-06-2011, 01:35 PM
  2. Why is reccomened age for supplements 18-53
    By surfnskate98 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-14-2006, 12:06 PM
  3. More bad press for supplements (and Arnold)
    By UnicronSpawn in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 07-26-2005, 05:49 AM