AL-Car & LCLT

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
I see there is an abundance of different Carnitines..Looking too find out the diff bwtween these two,there benefits and if one is more necesarry than the other..

Any info will be appreciated.TY

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I see there is an abundance of different Carnitines..Looking too find out the diff bwtween these two,there benefits and if one is more necesarry than the other..

Any info will be appreciated.TY
ALCAR provides more Nootropic benefits, while LCLT is best for Indirect Androgen Receptor stimulation. ALCAR IMO is best dosed on an empty stomach, and while LCLT is best this way too, LCLT's effects are better grasped upon a Pre-Workout dosage.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
^^^ yeah this sums it up in the proverbial nutshell. :D
There's more to it but if OP wants more he can ask or research haha. This are it's main benefits and applications, but I'm sure Coop will arrive in just some more hours and add anything we miss.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
There's more to it but if OP wants more he can ask or research haha. This are it's main benefits and applications, but I'm sure Coop will arrive in just some more hours and add anything we miss.
long story short, take 2g of each daily, profit :D

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ALCAR is great for studying. I take 1g about an hour before I hit the books and I am good to go.

dallasboy22

dallasboy22

Awards
  • Established
I started about 2 months ago taking 1500mg on an empty stomach in the morning. I can defiantly tell sharper focus and general well being. It will be a staple for life. Never tried LCLT, so may look into that as well.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
I'd take ALC but it keeps me up at night even if I take it 12 hours previously...swear to God :D...LCLT no problem though....I always take it with any type of PH or DS or SARM etc.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I'd take ALC but it keeps me up at night even if I take it 12 hours previously...swear to God :D...LCLT no problem though....I always take it with any type of PH or DS or SARM etc.
Hm...How are you dosing it brother? The ALCAR I mean, Fasted? Pre-meal? After a GDA? With stims?

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
lol, I knew that I was not going crazy haha....but yeah, first thing in the morning empty stomach 1-2 gram....used to take it for YEARS like that, but I'd always have to stop after a while due to insomnia...then I'd start it up again, have to quit not to long after....so on and so forth. We thought it raised test back then though, I believe I have heard lately it doesn't raise test though...not sure on that part....

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
ALCAR provides more Nootropic benefits, while LCLT is best for Indirect Androgen Receptor stimulation. ALCAR IMO is best dosed on an empty stomach, and while LCLT is best this way too, LCLT's effects are better grasped upon a Pre-Workout dosage.
Good answer here. The only thing I would add is that you can take both if you like. Lots of smart people (ALCAR pun) do.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Good answer here. The only thing I would add is that you can take both if you like. Lots of smart people (ALCAR pun) do.
Don't forget about PLCAR

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Don't forget about PLCAR
Don't Forget SNS carries them at the best price in the market ;) and in a convenient dosing way of 500mg per cap!

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Don't Forget SNS carries them at the best price in the market ;) and in a convenient dosing way of 500mg per cap!
As someone that currently uses bulk ALCAR now, I would highly suggest caps if you can get them. As Celorza and Antihero said SNS makes all of them and the products are all competitively priced.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As someone that currently uses bulk ALCAR now, I would highly suggest caps if you can get them. As Celorza and Antihero said SNS makes all of them and the products are all competitively priced.
I feel much more focused and clear minded on Alcar

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
the ALCAR will be pretty much the same price give or take a a few cents depending where you find it. Unless someone has a super sale or something :) Definitely good stuff!

I've used SNS's, currently using my Vit store house brand, and plan on using Fahrenheit's next. I'd have no problem reccomending any of them.

Is anyone doing capped LCLT?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I feel much more focused and clear minded on Alcar
I never need more than 1g on an empty stomach PWO or 30 mins after Na-R-Ala...additional .5g are good later in the day too, helps me tough through late classes.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
the ALCAR will be pretty much the same price give or take a a few cents depending where you find it. Unless someone has a super sale or something :) Definitely good stuff!
ALCAR
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/serious-nutrition-solutions/alcar-500-100-capsules.html
LCLT
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/nutraplanet/l-carnitine-l-tartrate-100-grams.html

ALCAR is a bit more expensive, yet its benefits are different and it needs less dosage. Not to mention it does not have to be taken PWO to get its benefits.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
ALCAR
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/serious-nutrition-solutions/alcar-500-100-capsules.html
LCLT
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/nutraplanet/l-carnitine-l-tartrate-100-grams.html

ALCAR is a bit more expensive, yet its benefits are different and it needs less dosage. Not to mention it does not have to be taken PWO to get its benefits.
Here are good sources of each:

ALCAR: SNS caps, PF bulk powder (what I have been using) or Clout (before they changed the formula)
PLCAR: SNS caps (just got some and will start as soon as safe to resume supps) or NP bulk PLCAR. Also in DCP.
LCLT: Anavite, bulk powder or the new Protocol. Huge fan of Protocol with it's simple formula of Leucine, LCLT, COP and Agmatine.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

ALCAR: SNS caps, PF bulk powder (what I have been using) or Clout (before they changed the formula)
PLCAR: SNS caps (just got some and will start as soon as safe to resume supps) or NP bulk PLCAR. Also in DCP.
LCLT: Anavite, bulk powder or the new Protocol. Huge fan of Protocol with it's simple formula of Leucine, LCLT, COP and Agmatine.dont forget Compete ;) 2g LCLT/2g LCF
:cool: :p

umbasante

Awards
Is it ok to take Alcar and LCLT for long periods? (More then 3 months)

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is it ok to take Alcar and LCLT for long periods? (More then 3 months)
Yes. I personally cycle between the different carnitine sources during the year but use them pretty much non-stop in some form or the other.

LCLT: Anavite, bulk powder or the new Protocol. Huge fan of Protocol with it's simple formula of Leucine, LCLT, COP and Agmatine.
I am gonna miss ALCAR in my Clout. :(

Good list, but pretty much everybody has jumped on the LCLT wagon lately. Stuff is literally in EVERY new pre-workout that comes out lately.

Good info all around in this thread though so not much input from me! I prefer 3g ALCAR daily when using it tho (1.5 upon waking and 1.5 later in the day or before exercise).

I thought about Compete too as it's a good source of LCLT and LCF among other things. Haven't tried it yet though although I hear great things about the Tangy Tangerine flavor.
I actually think I like the LD flavor more! :eek:

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I thought about Compete too as it's a good source of LCLT and LCF among other things. Haven't tried it yet though although I hear great things about the Tangy Tangerine flavor.
its worth having just for the taste............sooooooooooooooooooo damn good :p *i can say the same thing about protocol, teh cherry flavor was absolutely amazing*

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
its worth having just for the taste............sooooooooooooooooooo damn good :p *i can say the same thing about protocol, teh cherry flavor was absolutely amazing*
This man speaks the truth! Cherry was excellent

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
cherry flavor pretty much tops anything else most of the time :)

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i would put it up there in my top 5 favorite flavors as far as powdered supps go
Have you tried the Protocol v.2? I never got a chance to try the original but the new flavor is very different and tastes great chilled. Protocol + Tangerine Compete is also beyond refreshing!

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Have you tried the Protocol v.2? I never got a chance to try the original but the new flavor is very different and tastes great chilled. Protocol + Tangerine Compete is also beyond refreshing!
nay......i havent tried it since the switch from BA to COP. i havent really made many supplement purchases lately, but its on my list of stuff i need to pick up

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
i would put it up there in my top 5 favorite flavors as far as powdered supps go
Same. I would throw some extras in there like MCC, extra leucine, creatine nitrate, AlCAR, Plcar, etc and the flavor remained unchanged. GOOD STUFF.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nay......i havent tried it since the switch from BA to COP. i havent really made many supplement purchases lately, but its on my list of stuff i need to pick up
Ya I have been buying more than usual lately. New job and more cash laying around makes it harder to resist deals. :p

Definitely combines nice with pretty much anything. If I was a stim guy I bet MI + Protocol pre plus Compete intra would be very nice. :D

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
I agree. Carnitine powder is pretty bad if it's bulk and not formulated into something flavored. Caps are definitely the way to go.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree. Carnitine powder is pretty bad if it's bulk and not formulated into something flavored. Caps are definitely the way to go.
You all need to man up! Never had a problem with any of the carnitines even dumped straight on the tongue! :p

J/k, but I am beginning to think my taste buds are jacked up or something because I don't seem to have issues with a lot of things people don't like. :(

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
You all need to man up! Never had a problem with any of the carnitines even dumped straight on the tongue! :p

J/k, but I am beginning to think my taste buds are jacked up or something because I don't seem to have issues with a lot of things people don't like. :(
It's not that it can't be tolerated, because it can. It's just much more convenient with caps than it is to choke down something that tastes like death.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's not that it can't be tolerated, because it can. It's just much more convenient with caps than it is to choke down something that tastes like death.
Ya I feel you. Doesn't taste that bad to me but I was just joking around. Caps are convenient and the SNS PLCAR is in my supplement selection quite often. ;)

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Ya I feel you. Doesn't taste that bad to me but I was just joking around. Caps are convenient and the SNS PLCAR is in my supplement selection quite often. ;)
PLCAR is a staple for me. It doesn't get nearly the love and attention it should though.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Why is that??
I am going with lack of exposure, and it was a little hard to find with out digging. Until i heard otherwise a month or two ago, i thought it was a limited run back in Dec of last year. Good stuff though :)

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Why is that??
1. It is very effective in increasing intramuscular carnitine.
2. It has effects as a cardiovascular protectant
3. It may increase glucose metabolism.in skeletal tissue.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
1. It is very effective in increasing intramuscular carnitine.
2. It has effects as a cardiovascular protectant
3. It may increase glucose metabolism.in skeletal tissue.
These + physical energy/treatment for physical fatigue + treatment for erectile dysfunction = win