Free test and saw palmetto combo

tommyboy40

Awards
question about a couple supplements I've been taking. First off the big 40 is approaching and for some reason I'm on a larger then life health kick....always been in the gym and ate right but just want to fine tune things. I've working on my 2nd bottle of Free Test and definitely notice test levels on the rise. But I was reading this male multi I picked up by Solgar and saw that it has 25mg of saw palmetto in it. Is that going to counter the test booster by raising estrogen levels? On another note...has anyone ever used or know about Turmeric raising test levels?

Thanks all...

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
saw palmetto extract is proposed to antagonize DHT and/or 5-alpha-reductase, and then possibly lead to estrogenic side effects.... it seems to me that it acts specifically on the prostate in my experience though, not sure on systemic action....but the 25mg in your supplement is miniscule and mostly window dressing, and probably is not even the extract. 1 pill of the extract is usually 160mg, and like i said that is extract not just the SP powder. but I don't see it interfering with test boosters, if anything it will help with DHT sides you may get from boosting your test (such as prostate function).

drooks10

drooks10

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I don't see it being much of a hindrance at all. I'm stoked to see you seeing some benefits of Free Test, too!

David
Team APPNUT

tommyboy40

Awards
Yeah, I don't see it being much of a hindrance at all. I'm stoked to see you seeing some benefits of Free Test, too!

David
Team APPNUT
Awesome... Thanks for the info everyone... Just wanted to play it safe and not waste anything.

Have any of you guys heard about effects of turmeric?

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Awesome... Thanks for the info everyone... Just wanted to play it safe and not waste anything.

Have any of you guys heard about effects of turmeric?
Nothing to worry about with the Saw Palmetto, so you are good there.

Turmeric has anti-oxidant properties which can have positive impacts on your overall health. The noticeable effects will mostly be in the joint pain/inflammation reduction area. We use it (Circumin) in our Osteo-Sport joint supplement for that reason.