MAN Figure Fuel

3utcher

3utcher

Awards
Just saw the new figure fuel, and it's quite a big improvement from the old formula.
I think i found the perfect pre-intraW product.
1 scoop pre with bodyoctane, 2scoops intra.

FF-Supp-Facts-300x257.jpg

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Wow, I agree! Props to MAN and to you for finding it. I do feel it is still used best preworkout though. Using a leucine-based product over the course of a 1-2 hour training session may actually be the worst way to use BCAAs.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Blood leucine needs to be spiked to induce MPS signaling (aka a rapidly consumed, bolus dose). Every shred of human or animal data on leucine/BCAAs has the subjects consume them preworkout, not intra.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
What about taking a does of 15g BCAA pre-workout and then a 10g intra-workout? I enjoy drinking extend during a workout, so would this protocol be the best of both worlds?

squatting

Banned
Awards
Just saw the new figure fuel, and it's quite a big improvement from the old formula.
So 3 scoops of figure fuel per workout ? How much is figure fuel since it only has 30 servings

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards

View attachment 65136
The profile is OK, but I would have to see a cost per serving. At first glance, the new Protocol would appear to be superior for PWO use.

3utcher

3utcher

Awards
500mg Agmatine + 2g COP
VS
12g BCAA + 2g BA

Depends if you want to look bigger during a few hours or if you want to perform better and improve your bodycomp long term wise.

squatting

Banned
Awards
500mg Agmatine + 2g COP
VS
12g BCAA + 2g BA

Depends if you want to look bigger during a few hours or if you want to perform better and improve your bodycomp long term wise.
12g plus 2g is two scoops which equals to 15 servings u paying a whole lot for something u can just buy in bulk

Mainevant

Mainevant

Awards
Nice profile..Good stuff intraW.
I would also add this to pre workout :)

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow, I agree! Props to MAN and to you for finding it. I do feel it is still used best preworkout though. Using a leucine-based product over the course of a 1-2 hour training session may actually be the worst way to use BCAAs.
So since I add 4g bcaa + 2g leucine to 1 scoop compete intra-workout drink, should I just add that bcaa/leucine to my pre which also has 4g bcaa, 2g lecuine, + 1 compete (2500mg hydrolysate) and basically have double the dose pre-workout?

My intra-workout, I drink during my workout, and 20 mins of cardio post workout.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
So since I add 4g bcaa + 2g leucine to 1 scoop compete intra-workout drink, should I just add that bcaa/leucine to my pre which also has 4g bcaa, 2g lecuine, + 1 compete (2500mg hydrolysate) and basically have double the dose pre-workout?

My intra-workout, I drink during my workout, and 20 mins of cardio post workout.
Yes, I'd do that. That way you can maintain elevated leucine levels throughout the workout (plus whey potentiates the MPS spike).

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, I'd do that. That way you can maintain elevated leucine levels throughout the workout (plus whey potentiates the MPS spike).

So how about, I do,

Option 1: 8g BCAA, + 4g leucine pre-workout, with 2 scoops compete intra since it has 5g whey hydrolysate?
Option 2: 8g BCAA + 4g leucine + 1 compete Pre, with 1 compete intra like stated before?

Option 1 or 2? Then, I will shut up :p! you know i really appreciate your help bro.

Mike

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
So how about, I do,

Option 1: 8g BCAA, + 4g leucine pre-workout, with 2 scoops compete intra since it has 5g whey hydrolysate?
Option 2: 8g BCAA + 4g leucine + 1 compete Pre, with 1 compete intra like stated before?

Option 1 or 2? Then, I will shut up :p! you know i really appreciate your help bro.

Mike
What is the ratio of the BCAAs you're using? I'd also need your bodyweight to give you an accurate figure, but a bolus dose of 5g leucine should suffice for most. I'd take some compete preworkout since the carnitines' benefits are manifested in a preworkout setting. If taking compete preworkout, I'd drop the BCAA dose (assuming 2:1:1) to 3-4g, keep the leucine as it is, and take the scoop of compete.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What is the ratio of the BCAAs you're using? I'd also need your bodyweight to give you an accurate figure, but a bolus dose of 5g leucine should suffice for most. I'd take some compete preworkout since the carnitines' benefits are manifested in a preworkout setting. If taking compete preworkout, I'd drop the BCAA dose (assuming 2:1:1) to 3-4g, keep the leucine as it is, and take the scoop of compete.
Im 185lb right now... 163ish of pure muscle, competition weight. BCAA's are primaforce, 2:1:1. I can and am willing to use up to 8g total around workout time whether intra/pre, post, etc. I am willing to use up to 4g luecine as well, and 2 scoops compete.

Thats the most i want to use total for pre/intra.

Mike

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Im 185lb right now... 163ish of pure muscle, competition weight. BCAA's are primaforce, 2:1:1. I can and am willing to use up to 8g total around workout time whether intra/pre, post, etc. I am willing to use up to 4g luecine as well, and 2 scoops compete.

Thats the most i want to use total for pre/intra.

Mike
Use no more than 5g FF-Leucine preworkout, then use the rest intraworkout. BCAAs may be more beneficial intraworkout since they are partially gluconeogenic.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Use no more than 5g FF-Leucine preworkout, then use the rest intraworkout. BCAAs may be more beneficial intraworkout since they are partially gluconeogenic.

Really appreciate man, thanks again!

Mike

3utcher

3utcher

Awards
What about taking a does of 15g BCAA pre-workout and then a 10g intra-workout? I enjoy drinking extend during a workout, so would this protocol be the best of both worlds?
Depends on the duration of your workout.

I plan to have 10g pre and 10g intra in the next months, but i'll cut down my training time to 1h-1h30

It's hard to tell because carnitine should be taken preW, but WPH preW is a waste (even though 5g is not much).

IMO
preW = 2scoops compete + 8g BCAA
intra = leucine.