Agmatine and Hair Loss?

Jon_b

Jon_b

Awards
I've been taking 2g Agmatine in split 1g doses everday for about a month now. Love the mood boost it gives and pumps, but have noticed some serious shedding of hair after coming out of the shower. Has anybody else experienced this?

Could this be because of Agmatine's effect on LH?

uvawahoowa

Awards
I've been taking 2g Agmatine in split 1g doses everday for about a month now. Love the mood boost it gives and pumps, but have noticed some serious shedding of hair after coming out of the shower. Has anybody else experienced this?

I've been on agmatine for about 3 months now with a 2 week break in that span...haven't noticed anything like that

3utcher

3utcher

Awards
everyone's different.

Stop agmatine for a month or two to see if that continues.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
i wish! im tired of shaving my head

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Been taking 2 grams of agmatine everyday for over a year with no issues.

Reactions: mw1
fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No issues here either

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Are you taking any other supps besides the Agmatine?

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established

I see no reason agmatine would be associated with hair loss. LH isn't associated with hairloss, DHT is. And to extrapolate that the increase in LH could lead to that significant of an increase in DHT would be a statistical nightmare. And if 5a-r was that high, you'd notice it without the LH boost.

TopSirlion

Awards
I've always used 1g of agmatine preworkout. I'm always really pumped up. What's the reasoning for 2g every day and splitting the doses? Or do some of you dose 2g preworkout? My skin would be so tight I would explode. I feel like dosing 2g would be pretty expensive and unnecessary in a way.

tunnelrat

tunnelrat

Awards
  • Established
6 weeks of 2 grams per day... No shedding above normal...

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
I've always used 1g of agmatine preworkout. I'm always really pumped up. What's the reasoning for 2g every day and splitting the doses? Or do some of you dose 2g preworkout? My skin would be so tight I would explode. I feel like dosing 2g would be pretty expensive and unnecessary in a way.
Some people don't respond as well to Agmatine and have to take more. Some people get ridiculous pumps from a 500mg dose. It just goes to shows that we are all different and what works for one person may not necessarily work for the next.

There are lots of reasons for shedding, but I haven't heard about Agmatine causing any increase in hair loss. As Antihero said, that would be more of a product of DHT than anything else. I would make sure your diet is in order and if you are having issues perhaps consider supplementing with Saw Palmetto.

Jon_b

Jon_b

Awards
Wow, thanks for all the quick responses. Looks like I'm the slowpoke here.

Are you taking any other supps besides the Agmatine?
Well, yes. Almost all of them are basic health supps though. ZMA would be the only other one I could figure that would have any effect on hormone levels. Thanks for the recommendation on Saw Palmetto, I'll have to check it out.

I see no reason agmatine would be associated with hair loss. LH isn't associated with hairloss, DHT is. And to extrapolate that the increase in LH could lead to that significant of an increase in DHT would be a statistical nightmare. And if 5a-r was that high, you'd notice it without the LH boost.
That was my theory... that it had enough of an effect to go all the way downstream to significantly affect DHT levels. I am genetically prone to hair loss, but hadn't noticed any shedding before supplementing with Agmatine. I added ALCAR and Agmatine at about the same time.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Wow, thanks for all the quick responses. Looks like I'm the slowpoke here.

Well, yes. Almost all of them are basic health supps though. ZMA would be the only other one I could figure that would have any effect on hormone levels. Thanks for the recommendation on Saw Palmetto, I'll have to check it out.

That was my theory... that it had enough of an effect to go all the way downstream to significantly affect DHT levels. I am genetically prone to hair loss, but hadn't noticed any shedding before supplementing with Agmatine. I added ALCAR and Agmatine at about the same time.
Another option is pumpkinseed oil.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am prone to hair loss as well, and I have never ever ever noticed any with agmatine.

EWolfe08

EWolfe08

Awards
I do not think the hormones effected directly relate (to hair loss)

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established