Need help on a good supplement stack for lean muscle...

L

loopy107

Awards
I'm looking for a good supplement stack to build some lean muscle. I'm fine with spending money on some good quality products, but don't want the most expensive products either. Here are some things that are important to me and hopefully some of you guys can chime in and help me out. Yes, I've done a ton of googling around, but with so many different options, I just can't figure out what to take.

I want a really good pump in the gym, so of course a NO type product is a must, but which one and not too expensive. I prefer one with not a lot of sugar in it if possible. Creatine is also on my list, but one that does not bloat me. There are so many types of creatine now, that I can't figure which one to buy. I'm not interested in any test booster because I'm a TRT patient and don't need it. Mental cognition seems to be an issue for me. Although, I already take some supplements for that, it could be much better.

Here is what I'm on currently for supplements.

Icariin 20% 2g
Muira Puama 2g
Siberian ginseng 2g
Vinpocetine 10mg
vitamins
B-12 3000mcg
Evening primose 1200mg
Fish oil 3-4g
Protein

Recap of what I want.
-10lbs of muscle (I know it won't happen fast, but over time of course)
-major pumps in the gym
-mental cognition enhancement
-creatine with no bloating
-boost to erections (ICARIIN 20% - have not noticed anything yet and been on it for two days, yohimbe extract works but way to many sides..)
-no test booster

soul0wner

soul0wner

Awards
  • Established
I would just get optimum nutrition creatine, it's cheap and it does the job.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
-10lbs of muscle (I know it won't happen fast, but over time of course) - this is going to come from diet and consistency in the gym, not a pill

-major pumps in the gym - creatine nitrate containing products or other nitrate products tend to go a long way in this

-mental cognition enhancement - you really need to be clearer as to what you are looking for here. Focus? most preworkout have some stimulants that will help some with that. This is a symptom of low test though, what sort of levels does your TRT have you hitting?

-creatine with no bloating - have you used creatine monohydrate before and got significant bloating from it? from all that i've seen the whole bloating idea is overblown. guys who say they are bloated after starting creatine usually are starting bulking and their bloating is from the change in eating

-boost to erections (ICARIIN 20% - have not noticed anything yet and been on it for two days, yohimbe extract works but way to many sides.. - if you are on TRT and need more help with erections, you probably want to talk more to your doctor. Perform from AI sports works well, maca can at relatively large amounts. Its a bit individual on this, depends partially on why there is an erection issue.

R

Rucksdaddy

Awards
I'm looking for a good supplement stack to build some lean muscle. I'm fine with spending money on some good quality products, but don't want the most expensive products either. Here are some things that are important to me and hopefully some of you guys can chime in and help me out. Yes, I've done a ton of googling around, but with so many different options, I just can't figure out what to take.

I want a really good pump in the gym, so of course a NO type product is a must, but which one and not too expensive. I prefer one with not a lot of sugar in it if possible. Creatine is also on my list, but one that does not bloat me. There are so many types of creatine now, that I can't figure which one to buy. I'm not interested in any test booster because I'm a TRT patient and don't need it. Mental cognition seems to be an issue for me. Although, I already take some supplements for that, it could be much better.

Here is what I'm on currently for supplements.

Icariin 20% 2g
Muira Puama 2g
Siberian ginseng 2g
Vinpocetine 10mg
vitamins
B-12 3000mcg
Evening primose 1200mg
Fish oil 3-4g
Protein

Recap of what I want.
-major pumps in the gym
-mental cognition enhancement
-boost to erections (ICARIIN 20% - have not noticed anything yet and been on it for two days, yohimbe extract works but way to many sides..)
-no test booster
For good pumps, I like Hemo Rage Black or Swollen. But some people have negative side effects to the stimulants. HRB contains yohimbe, so it looks like that is out for you. I would try:

Swollen
Neovar

Start with that and then you can tweak from there. I think some other members gave you some good advice. Gaining 10lbs is going to take hard training, eating enough calories, and getting enough sleep. It will just take time.

Good luck.

APPNUT

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For focus, pumps, and creatine I'd go with some combo like:

Omega Ultima + Iforce Hemavol or SNS Agmatine and Cit. Mal.
SNS Focus XT + Iforce Hemavol or SNS Agmatine and Cit. Mal. + SNS Magnesium Creatine Chelate
DS Craze + Hemavol or Agmatine and Cit. Mal.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Diet and exercise are key here, obviously you're going to need to eat over maintenance, however i feel something like Anabeta is what you're going to be after if you're looking to stay natty.
-major pumps in the gym
Synthetic Supplements Agmatine caps
Any form of creatine mono works fine, bloating is largely overstated.
-no test booster
These two things go together, you want better sex drive but no test booster? What? Why not try something like Erase out, its going to improve your physique and enhance testosterone/estrogen ratio which results in better libido for most users.

L

loopy107

Awards
-10lbs of muscle (I know it won't happen fast, but over time of course) - this is going to come from diet and consistency in the gym, not a pill

-major pumps in the gym - creatine nitrate containing products or other nitrate products tend to go a long way in this

-mental cognition enhancement - you really need to be clearer as to what you are looking for here. Focus? most preworkout have some stimulants that will help some with that. This is a symptom of low test though, what sort of levels does your TRT have you hitting?

-creatine with no bloating - have you used creatine monohydrate before and got significant bloating from it? from all that i've seen the whole bloating idea is overblown. guys who say they are bloated after starting creatine usually are starting bulking and their bloating is from the change in eating

-boost to erections (ICARIIN 20% - have not noticed anything yet and been on it for two days, yohimbe extract works but way to many sides.. - if you are on TRT and need more help with erections, you probably want to talk more to your doctor. Perform from AI sports works well, maca can at relatively large amounts. Its a bit individual on this, depends partially on why there is an erection issue.
Diet:

I got a great doctor last year and started turning my health issues around this year.
I lost about 35 pounds earlier this year by making diet and life style changes. I've maintained a low carb, high fat and high protein diet. I had issues with insulin resistance, so my carbs have to remain low, but my insulin is doing much better since all the weight loss. I'm not relying on a pill, but just want assistance. I've always loved working out, doing cross fit training, and running. Years had passed since I was active because of my health issues...thyroid, test, cortisol ect... Now that I'm doing much better and I'm now capable of working out. I just want some advice on supplements since I've been out of the game for so long.

Mental cognition:

My test levels are at 960 on my last lab test. TRT increases dopamine, but reduces NE. What I mean by cognition, is the feeling of being mentally sharp and feeling alive. Preg at high doses does this, but causes too many other imbalances. I just want to feel alive.... like when you wake up and feel mentally motivated to either work out, go running or even just getting out of the house, even if it doesn't include exercise. I want more focus , energy and not just a pre-work out thing.

Creatine:

The bloating I'm sure is overblown, but it happens to me every time I've tried creatine monohydrate. Many different types of creatine have come out since I was on it.

Erections:

Those who only need TRT alone, probably don't need any assistance with erections. Unfortunately, many TRT patients also need hormone modulation therapy, and it involves so many other medications and hormones as well, aside from just testosterone. This causes complications with erections for many TRT patients.

Also, Thanks for your input!!

L

loopy107

Awards
For good pumps, I like Hemo Rage Black or Swollen. But some people have negative side effects to the stimulants. HRB contains yohimbe, so it looks like that is out for you. I would try:

Swollen
Neovar

Start with that and then you can tweak from there. I think some other members gave you some good advice. Gaining 10lbs is going to take hard training, eating enough calories, and getting enough sleep. It will just take time.

Good luck.

APPNUT
My plan isn't for a short term thing. It's definitely a year round commitment for me. I've made so many strides this year for my health and now I'm ready to commit to start exercising, like I did many years ago. I'm in it for the long haul for sure. I just need all you guys help on the current best supps that will help me achieve my new goals.

thanks!

L

loopy107

Awards
Diet and exercise are key here, obviously you're going to need to eat over maintenance, however i feel something like Anabeta is what you're going to be after if you're looking to stay natty.
-major pumps in the gym
Synthetic Supplements Agmatine caps
Any form of creatine mono works fine, bloating is largely overstated.
-no test booster
These two things go together, you want better sex drive but no test booster? What? Why not try something like Erase out, its going to improve your physique and enhance testosterone/estrogen ratio which results in better libido for most users.
I'm already on testosterone replacement therapy, which is the only reason I said no to test booster. My t-levels are 960, which is pretty dam good.
What is Anabeta and how does it increase muscle?

Thanks!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the thing is, you should start your commitment to exercising first, supplements should come later. just being more active could have the effect you are looking for cognition wise, and also help with erections. Some of it may be light depression type symptoms too, but those as well could be helped by continuing to make improvements and look better in the mirror

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Commitment to the gym and diet first, add supplements later.

Staples? Creatine, fish oil, protein powder. Creatine is cheap and effective product, available in many forms, great ergogenic aid. Fish oil for EPA/DHA is typically a must for most of us as the typical diet is lacking in fish. We need those essential fatty acids. And protein powder isn't a must, but it's very convenient and can help meet your protein macro for the day.

Outside of a few basics, not much else is needed. When you start to really excel in the gym, you can try some more advanced stuff if you like. But you should always be wary of the cost:effectiveness ratio.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards

Perform from AI is excellent...just actually reccomended it to a co worker,who been having some issues...ive used it in test boosting stacks,good stuff.Very good