Red Blood Cells

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
So I did a blood test and my red blood cell count was in the lower normal, because it's in the "normal range" my Dr don't want to do anything about it :( I think it should be higher, like any "athlete" would want :)

So from what I understand Iron and B-12 shots can help "up" the red blood cells, what else should I get and how much?

My diet is pretty clean, high fat&protein and low carb with a couple of cheats on the weekend. 12%bf.

Thankful for answers!

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Is it lower than what you are normally are in the past? Your "normal" might just be a little less than somebody else, but still higher than another person. It's a range:)

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I feel fine but thought I might feel even better with a higher count :)

Any idea's about how to get it higher?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Blood doping and training on top of a mountain will do it, but I would just up the iron in my diet through food. Honestly though, I wouldn't stress about it. Just see where it is at the next physical. Like I said, your "normal" may be lower, but it is still within range.

sharperunner

Awards
Iron, folic acid, and b vitamin rich foods would be a good place to start. Altitude training is popular among endurance athletes.

You could always pick up an altitude(hypoxic) tent to sleep in if you've got way too much money in the bank

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
You could always go hit up Lance Armstrong and see if he'll reveal his hook-up for EPO :D that would solve all your problems....this thread was very timely considering the headlines lol....

sharperunner

Awards
Can't hate on Lance. EPO or not, that guy metaphorically kicked the cycling world in the teeth for 7 years.....and that was with just half the testicles as the rest of the cyclists

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Can't hate on Lance. EPO or not, that guy metaphorically kicked the cycling world in the teeth for 7 years.....and that was with just half the testicles as the rest of the cyclists
yeah i don't care who did steroids in baseball, or who did whatever drug in cycling....if they won that shyt they won it. you can't "take it away". they like to do that in european soccer, some dumbass bribes a ref then they want to strip the league title from the team...after they win it on the pitch running around for 90 minutes for 38 weeks....nonsense, I don't recognize any of these "stripped wins" or titles they want to try and force on us...

Mission1

Mission1

Awards
  • Established
yeah i don't care who did steroids in baseball, or who did whatever drug in cycling....if they won that shyt they won it. you can't "take it away". they like to do that in european soccer, some dumbass bribes a ref then they want to strip the league title from the team...after they win it on the pitch running around for 90 minutes for 38 weeks....nonsense, I don't recognize any of these "stripped wins" or titles they want to try and force on us...
The only way it's fair is to let everyone to do the drug that increases performance! Not just one. If was up to me, let everyone do it at their own risk. It would make baseball, football, and every other sport really fun to watch. I would love to see McGuire and Sosa type players battle it out again for 70 plus home runs. Nobody gave a **** about roids until the show was and they cried foul.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
lol, poor Armstrong, he's still a stud in my book, all the other cyclist that was competitive was on the same **** anyway!

Back to my question, Folic Acid, is that good? Would Cordyceps do anything?

3utcher

3utcher

Awards
you're normal and in good health (regarding RBC count at least)
Having either too much or not enough wouldn't be good, and you're in the right range.

If you want to increase the numbers, there is 2 solutions : EPO and hypoxic training.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Having your red blood cell count higher, is nothing special. I'd be so happy to have mine lowered.

Mike