Green Tea

T

tommy36p

Awards
Just wondering what people think of Green tea? Do you use it in your diet? Does it help a lot when it comes to losing weight?...just a general what do you think of it and do you think it should be in your diet? Thanks everyone.

N

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
I take it for it's health benefits. It's hard for me to gauge if it helps burn fat on it's own, since it's always stacked with something else. I believe it should be a staple in everyone's diet.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree with NP. I have recently started using it in a cut, and it gives me energy through the day, it also has great health benefits.

G

GTOman

Board Supporter
Awards
And it's cheap as hell if you cap it yourself.

I cap mine (1fast) in 500mg caps. I take one cap three times a day (1.5g total) and if I'm cutting I'll take 2 caps three times a day (3g total). The '00' caps hold 500mg nicely.

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
i take the powder from 1fast 2 grams a day 50% egcg's i tend to sweat on it..i use it for everything i have read about..do a google search pretty amzing stuff or jsut type in anarchy stack on this forum's search

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
And it's cheap as hell if you cap it yourself.

I cap mine (1fast) in 500mg caps. I take one cap three times a day (1.5g total) and if I'm cutting I'll take 2 caps three times a day (3g total). The '00' caps hold 500mg nicely.
i started green tea for the first time today. so far, i'm just measuring it out with a 1/8 tsp. not very accurate, where did you get the '00' caps that you were referring to?

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I get the Extract from BAC..Stuff is awsome and cheap too

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
i started green tea for the first time today. so far, i'm just measuring it out with a 1/8 tsp. not very accurate, where did you get the '00' caps that you were referring to?
nevermind, i'm stupid. same website. doh! :think:

G

GTOman

Board Supporter
Awards
nevermind, i'm stupid. same website. doh! :think:
I use one of the scales that they sell to measure the powder with (200-Z I think). 25 grams of green tea fits just nicely into 50 '00' caps (which is how many the cap'em quick holds). That works out to 500 mg per capsule.

It costs a few bucks to set yourself up but you'll save in the long run. Once your set up you can cap what ever you want, guggle, vitamins, wellness powders, CEE, etc...

Enjoy!

J

Jcc

Awards
  • Established
Don't forget about the actual beverage. Much better source for my morning caffeine than coffee, plus a slight calming effect from the theanine.

Decaf at night to relax. Great stuff.

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
I use one of the scales that they sell to measure the powder with (200-Z I think). 25 grams of green tea fits just nicely into 50 '00' caps (which is how many the cap'em quick holds). That works out to 500 mg per capsule.

It costs a few bucks to set yourself up but you'll save in the long run. Once your set up you can cap what ever you want, guggle, vitamins, wellness powders, CEE, etc...

Enjoy!
u might be the only human who can fit that much into a th 00..even witha tamper i could only manage 440 and that was rough

i agree its the best way to go..1fast has everything u need to cap..

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
i hope this stuff lets me live past 85
400mg on an empty stomach gives me that epherda feeling (not so good)

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I take the extract, but how good are the tea bags?
apx. how many MGs?
are they less potent?

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
I use NOW brand, and take one capsule in the morning with my cup of coffee. So far no complaints.

L

lancelot

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I wrote a peer review paper on green tea while in grad school. There was overwhelming evidence on it's effects against diseases(CVD,cancers, etc), disease prevention and in extending life. However, it's effects was only seen drinking +6cups green tea everyday for decades if not a lifetime. i didn't look at it's fat loss properties. either way, it's good **** so take it every day. If you can't drink that much everyday, standardized powders is the way to go IMHO.

T

toastynoodles

Board Supporter
Awards
What brand tea bag's to u guys use the one's that drink it???

T

tommy36p

Awards
I just bought some of the Lipton Green Tea at the store...a pack of 20 tea bags..I drink one or two a day...It does make me feel good, real relaxed at the end of the day and it makes my body feel healthier...thats about it for my effects. It usually runs like 3 bucks for the pack of 20 bags I believe...Hey does anyone add sugar or honey or possibly both? I drink it plain, i dont want all that other stuff in their...just curious what people might put in the tea.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
i just drink it straight, its an acquired taste.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
I used to buy the Lipton flavored green tea, tastes better. Then one day some lunch buddies and I went to a Vietnamese restaurant for lunch which has a Chinise herb shop next door and I bought some plain green tea imported from China - 20 packs for like $1.25... but it has a very strong taste. Splenda made it all better hehe.
I don't drink either anymore, use caps instead.

M

meathead1987

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I got some dirt cheap green tea caps, but I am unsure how much EGCG is in them.

They are 315mg each, and have 15% polyphenols, no EGCG mention.

Do polyphenols=EGCG?

cos if they do, I get ~50mg EGCG in each pill.

S

scoher

Awards
I got some dirt cheap green tea caps, but I am unsure how much EGCG is in them.

They are 315mg each, and have 15% polyphenols, no EGCG mention.

Do polyphenols=EGCG?

cos if they do, I get ~50mg EGCG in each pill.
EGCG is a % of the catechins, and catechins are a % of the polyphenols. 15% polyphenols will mean very little EGCG. The stuff 1fast sells is over 90% polyphenols.

M

meathead1987

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
O bugger.

Ah well, they were cheap, got 200 for ~£2

Going on the fact 1fasts is 90% polyphenols, 50% EGCG.

I assume mine are 50/6=8.3% EGCG. So 26mg EGCG per tab.

I do drink 7-8 cups of the actual tea also, another 1000mg cachetins

=~167mg EGCG.

And you guys say you use ~1-2g 50% powder a day, so 500-1000mg EGCG.

Hmmm, maybe I'll try 16 tabs a day also, tht makes ~583mg EGCG a day.

How much Theanine do you think would be in 1 tab. The bottle says "equivalent to 3 cups of green tea", so I reckon ~90mg.

And FYI, the best tasting tea I have ever tasted was raspberry flavour white tea, made by clipper

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Should be green tea be cycled on and off or I can take it year round?

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
take it year round if u wanna reap the ful health benefits

S

Scrap

Board Supporter
Awards
For those of you who like to drink green tea (I drink at least two cups a day as well as take 1G of 1fast400's everyday), I find the Salada brand to be the best for drinking. The "Purple Antioxidents" one is GREAT! Salada is available at most grocery stores, and I find it to be much better than the Lipton ones. The "Purple Antioxidents" one also has grape skin extract, and other goodies in it. And it tastes great. Here's Salada's online store for those who can't find it locally: http://www.salada.com/onlinestore.html

Also, some good reading here: http://www.salada.com/health_latestnes.html

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
LOL, cycling green tea :D what do you do for recovery?

When I was taking 3-4g daily I always smelled like tea extract - it was unpleasant. Even if I scrubbed the top layer of skin off, it'd last maybe like 6 hours tops.

stratvox

stratvox

Awards
When I was fat from diner eating and drinking etc, I drank 2 quart of of Celestial Seasons green tea with antioxidants every day. The caffiene boost is nice, the antioxidants included are a bonus. Plus it helped me quit nexium and get off coffee. I cant say whether it had any other benefits other than the speediness, but when combined with the bags of tuna and lowered carbs, I lost 35 pounds of fat (210 down to 175)in about 2 months. Just my experience. I would assume that the weight loss came from the diet change though, certainly not the tea. My wife is a registered dietitian and she thought I was nuts living on tuna, but it worked.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I got 100 g of 40% ECGC from Custom and it tastes like absolute ass!

Anyone else think their green tea extract tastes like vomit? What did you do about it?

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
I got 100 g of 40% ECGC from Custom and it tastes like absolute ass!

Anyone else think their green tea extract tastes like vomit? What did you do about it?
Yeah, Customs stuff has a tendency to taste like ass, but who cares it's great quality and cheap. I put mine in hot water sometimes with a green tea bag or sometimes solo and the taste is so so (I'm using the 1fast kind, though)

S

Scrap

Board Supporter
Awards
Yeah, the extract (from anywhere) tastes terrible - I HAVE to cap mine (which can be a pain with green tea for some reason) or buy it already capped. It tastes like total crap otherwise and I tend to not use it unless I cap it.

edited for clarity

Last edited:
Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
i've been throwing the extract in my mouth for a month or so. it's not horrible, unless you throw it back to far, hits your throat, exhale and it shoots into your nose. then, you've got issues.

M

meathead1987

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
1-Spoon
2-Scale
3-Weigh out tea onto piece of paper(1-2g)
4-Drop into back of mouth
5-Immediately wah down with 300ml water

Works great for me

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
i've been throwing the extract in my mouth for a month or so. it's not horrible, unless you throw it back to far, hits your throat, exhale and it shoots into your nose. then, you've got issues.
I've done this before, but I thought it was pretty nasty. Definitely DON'T put it in your protein shake, cause it doesn't mix at all in cold fluid.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established

That is freaking funny :icon_lol: :rofl: :icon_lol: I can just imagine the shorting dragon effect of that :icon_lol:

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
That is freaking funny :icon_lol: :rofl: :icon_lol: I can just imagine the shorting dragon effect of that :icon_lol:
my dog couldn't figure out what my problem was. he looked pretty confused, which got me laughing, and made the problem worse.