Has any one tried any of these supps. Do they work

pauly J

Awards
Has any one tried any of these supps. Bovine colostrum, DIM (diindolylmethane), Ecdysterone, eurycoma longifolia, Formastane, Methoxyisoflavone, Mucuna Pruriens, phosphatidylserine and Tribulus Terrestris.

Are any of them banned or about to be?

Do any of them work?

I believe they are either Gh or Testosterone boosters. I got the names from a pullout supplement from Flex magazine.

This is my first post, so hi to all and thanks for the info.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Has any one tried any of these supps. Bovine colostrum, DIM (diindolylmethane), Ecdysterone, eurycoma longifolia, Formastane, Methoxyisoflavone, Mucuna Pruriens, phosphatidylserine and Tribulus Terrestris.

Do any of them work?

I believe they are either Gh or Testosterone boosters. I got the names from a pullout supplement from Flex magazine.

*From what I've heard Ecdysterone doesn't work for most people but some people got some gains from it.

*Eurycoma logifolia and Tribulus are natural test boosters. They work for some people.

*Formastene is a aromatose inhibator and mild prohormone that people often use while on cycle.

Not sure about the rest. I wouldn't base your decisions on what supplement to buy from Flex ads tho. :think:

meathead1987

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
To add:

Methoxy gives a permanant pumped look at high(~5g) doses, all gains are superficial though from what I have heard

Phosphadityl serine Very good for lowering cortisol

Bovine colostrum Overpriced, doesnt really give very good gains.

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
their are other supplements that work better IMHO for the money. i don't beleive any of those supplements you named are currently scheduled to be banned. if your looking to stay on the natural path, check out creatine ethly ester, sesathin, GXR (from designersupps.com, a board sponsor).

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
If you're looking for good supps, "muscle mags" are not the place to look. We all used to read 'em at one time or another, but 98% of the ads in those promise waaaay more than they deliver.

I'm with chasec, for a natural supp, creatine ethyl ester seems to give the most results. :)

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Do any of them work?

Bovine colostrum sounds good on paper, and I've heard people swear by it, but for me I didn't see much in terms of performance or physique enhancement. But it does have beneficial health properties.

DIM, this is an "anti-estrogen" derived from cruciferous vegetables (brocolli, cauliflower, etc...). I noticed a slight leaning effect and increase in libido from this, but the results from 6oxo...no competition! One thing I didn't notice with DIM was hairloss, which leads me to believe it doesn't have an affinity to increased DHT levels...this is just my opinion and I have not seen it documented.

Ecdysterone...I for one never say anything from this, but I've heard of a few who liked it.

Eurycoma longifolia, also known as LongJack, is suppossed to increase testosterone or so it happens to be in lab rats. I've tried Muscle Jack and noticed a little increase in strength. Nothing I got too excited about.

Methoxyisoflavone...I used it in conjuction with the Ecdy and say nothing.

Phosphatidyl Serine, I've never tried but know quite a few who swear by it. You have to take a considerable amount to notice a difference. I believe it is at least a gram or more for it's cortisol lowering/recovery effects. It also has been shown to aid in cognitive effects.

Tribulus has worked good for me, but I still prefer the 6oxo over any other "test booster".

I do like ZMA in terms of a "natural" test booster.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Three more potential Test/Libido boosters are Dodder Seed, Horny Goat Weed and Maca. I would group these in with Trib and Longjack, all have mixed ancedotal feedback and very limited clinical review.

These are all "try em and see" type compounds,they might work for you, they might not.

I've read that the positive side of DIM is conversion of "bad" Estradiol to"good" Estrone, the negative side is that it also binds to the AR and will block natural test and Anabolics.

800mgs of PS has been reported to lower Cortisol levels,as has 2 gms of more of Vitamin C, for the price of PS, I'll stick with DS Lean Extreme (7-OH-DHEA) .

If you want to try Ecdysterone and Methoxyisoflavone, you can try Legalgear's new Product X dermal, good luck , I see nothing on the ingredients within it to want to.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yes, PS is expensive... you would come out better with the Lean Xtreme.