Thoughts on grapefruit seed extract??

  1. Banned
    squatting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    148
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    71.45%

    Thoughts on grapefruit seed extract??


    Anyone else uses it?

  2. Senior Member
    OrganicShadow's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,973
    Rep Power
    251879
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    37.71%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Don't know but if you dose enough of it may benefit AAS cycles.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  3. Advanced Member
    kokobeware2's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  231 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    806
    Rep Power
    12707
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    70.63%

    Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow
    Don't know but if you dose enough of it may benefit AAS cycles.
    Any article on this?
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    jewgold's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    211
    Rep Power
    86780
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    22.3%

    I've used a preworkout with it in it...don;t know what it did to my workout though
  5. Senior Member
    uvawahoowa's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,482
    Rep Power
    31243
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    98.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by squatting View Post
    Anyone else uses it?
    is this the same as naringin?
  6. Senior Member
    OrganicShadow's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,973
    Rep Power
    251879
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    37.71%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kokobeware2 View Post
    Any article on this?
    Yeah, actually theres a lot on CYP34A inihibition with grapefruit.
    http://www.ualberta.ca/~csps/JPPS4(3...grapefruit.htm
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9351897
    http://powernetdesign.com/grapefruit...mechanism.html

    As to the association of AAS and CYP3A4 inhibition:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10630892
    http://jcem.endojournals.org/content...jcem;90/2/1210
    http://dmd.aspetjournals.org/content/25/4/502.full.pdf
    http://www.currentprotocols.com/Wile...Id-tx0413.html

    I started getting curious when someone on AM mentioned having a glass of grapefruit juice during cycle. From what I've garnered you need to drink a lot of grapefruit juice to really reap those benefits. Then I started wondering about an extract supplementation.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  7. New Member
    Wlgsciences's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    49
    Rep Power
    6711
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    66.08%

    I looked at it, but as said previously, it takes a LOT of grapefruit juice to see any absorption benifit, so I kind of walked away from it
  8. Senior Member
    OrganicShadow's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,973
    Rep Power
    251879
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    37.71%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Wlgsciences
    I looked at it, but as said previously, it takes a LOT of grapefruit juice to see any absorption benifit, so I kind of walked away from it
    It's a novel idea nonetheless, so I wonder if a concentrated extract would suffice? Not enough evidence to say either way.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  9. O.G. Appnut
    Vitruvian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,203
    Rep Power
    85511
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    32.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Grapefruit SEED extract?
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Better Results Through Science
    Success occurs when everything you have is APPLIED.
    Have you heard about N.O. Uptake? ;-)
  10. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,667
    Rep Power
    6777729
    Level
    99
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    Yeah, actually theres a lot on CYP34A inihibition with grapefruit.
    http://www.ualberta.ca/~csps/JPPS4(3...grapefruit.htm
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9351897
    http://powernetdesign.com/grapefruit...mechanism.html

    As to the association of AAS and CYP3A4 inhibition:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10630892
    http://jcem.endojournals.org/content...jcem;90/2/1210
    http://dmd.aspetjournals.org/content/25/4/502.full.pdf
    http://www.currentprotocols.com/Wile...Id-tx0413.html

    I started getting curious when someone on AM mentioned having a glass of grapefruit juice during cycle. From what I've garnered you need to drink a lot of grapefruit juice to really reap those benefits. Then I started wondering about an extract supplementation.
    You realize that there is already a very common ingredient for this function: piperine.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  11. New Member
    sugardaddy69's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    187
    Rep Power
    29012
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    11.28%

    I think this is naringin same thing for all I know good supplement read a story of a 6 year old girl who drunk so much grapefruit juice that she got pubes and tits mus be good for testosterone
  12. Senior Member
    uvawahoowa's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,482
    Rep Power
    31243
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    98.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by sugardaddy69
    I think this is naringin same thing for all I know good supplement read a story of a 6 year old girl who drunk so much grapefruit juice that she got pubes and tits mus be good for testosterone
    What?
  13. Senior Member
    OrganicShadow's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,973
    Rep Power
    251879
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    37.71%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    You realize that there is already a very common ingredient for this function: piperine.
    Truth.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Your guys thoughts on this
    By Kitchen Chemist in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-16-2009, 06:45 PM
  2. Good Article on Grape Seed Extract
    By Quinc in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-27-2007, 05:53 AM
  3. My Thoughts on Meth 1-T Cycles
    By Skark in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-02-2004, 02:10 PM
  4. thoughts on SU usage at 7 weeks out/9% bf
    By PecSicle in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-10-2003, 02:45 AM
  5. Your thoughts on the Colorado Experiment
    By ex_banana-eater in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-07-2003, 08:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in