Supps for dorm life?

HATE

Awards
Hey guys I could use some advice on what supplements could benefit me while in college as a full time student. I'm a a thinner guy with a crazy matabolism but I do put muscle on if I eat enough and stick with heavy compounds and keep my workouts short and intense. I'm probably only gonna lift 3 times a week and workout no more than 45 minutes each time. Also i'm trying to stay away from anything that alters hormones. I havent used supplements for some time now but because of college life i'm planning on not being able to have the time to prepare several meals a day so I'm gonna have to make do with what "nutritious" food is offered in the cafeteria and try to fill the gap with quality supplements. Any advice would be appreciated.

retroscapers

retroscapers

Awards
  • Established
Multi Vitamins
Omegas
Protein
Buy a blender oatmeal and peanut butter and mix it with your protein powder to make a good tasting gainer.

MonsterTruckr

Awards
How old are you... If you're under 21 then many of my suggestions are a no-go for legal reasons...

Beer-drol, Whisky-stane, and *****-bol are my best suggestions... Bye the way, just the act of working out alters hormones... Either way, I'd guess you're too young for hormonal supps anyways. Anabeta and Anabeta Elite are good for putting on muscle, ABE really makes be puff up. I have not tried it yet, but anything with ARA like X-factor or SNS' new X-gels are supposedly super powerful.

I'd suggest ZMA (for sleep and hormone support), and going to class for stress reduction.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Omega 3 and Protein. Eat all your cals in the dinninghall if you get an unlimited meal plan.

HATE

Awards
I'm 24. I was consider taking nmda by muscle warfare but I wanted to avoid anything that messes with hormones bc im paranoid about any type of suppression. And yes MonsterTruckr ur first three suggestions will probably do me some good lol. So what are some good quality protein powders and multi's? And would creatine b a good idea?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I'm 24. I was consider taking nmda by muscle warfare but I wanted to avoid anything that messes with hormones bc im paranoid about any type of suppression. And yes MonsterTruckr ur first three suggestions will probably do me some good lol. So what are some good quality protein powders and multi's? And would creatine b a good idea?
College became interesting for me again when I started lifting, but also when I added this to my supplementation (specially for mood and brain purposes):

-EC stack http://www.hotnfit.com/ecstack.htm
-ALCAR http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/serious-nutrition-solutions/alcar-500-100-capsules.html
-Focus XT http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/serious-nutrition-solutions/focus-xt-240-grams.html?sel=773
-DAA/NMDA , though both act through different pathways , both actually help in nootropic manners with memory and cognition functions through the NMDAR. They will not suppress you in any way...and you are 24, this is not gonna be anything that can harm you in any way.
-Choline Citrate http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/serious-nutrition-solutions/choline-citrate-500-grams.html
-Fish Oils like OxiMega http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/controlled-labs/orange-oximega-120-softgels.html?sel=3044

All of the aforementioned have helped to my wellbeing, mood, and cognitive effects for classes. Hope that helps.

Oh also, might consider adding Phenibut or PEA if your roommates are too annoying, I have had to dose them in the past before committing first degree murder for my pothead roomies eating my meals, when I leave them in Tupperwares in the fridge, due to munchies attacks...

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
A lot of people kind of crap of college cafeteria but man was I happy when I lived at college and had an unlimited meal plan..the food was not that bad and the gym was literally a walk across the street, I was in heaven. I would go to the gym then go to the cafe and put back about 1200 cals in one meal.

Every meal is all you can eat, take fullllll advantage of this..

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
as mentioned protein....creatine as well...its pretty cheap

MonsterTruckr

Awards
Ah you're my age! There are plenty of good "hormonal" supps like Erase, Intimidate, Testabolan and a few others that you'd likely really enjoy. They actually get your natural test flowing quite nicely, and I can tell you from experience it feels good to get the juices going like they used to. I know 24-25 isn't old by any stretch, but feeling 17 again is fun...

I am going back to school either next semester or next summer, and even though I live in a college town I miss the lifestyle.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A lot of people kind of crap of college cafeteria but man was I happy when I lived at college and had an unlimited meal plan..the food was not that bad and the gym was literally a walk across the street, I was in heaven. I would go to the gym then go to the cafe and put back about 1200 cals in one meal.

Every meal is all you can eat, take fullllll advantage of this..
I didn't even eat a lot at the cafe freshman year.. and i gained a crap ton of fat.. 2nd semester freshman year, I literally just drank protein shakes with oatmeal and peanut butter for meals.. i never ate real food.. because I refused the care. Sophomore - senior year.. i had an apartment and cooked all of my food.

Honestly OP, I would look into something like TT33 or a nutrient partitioner to help prevent fat gain. TT33 will increase your metabolism and make fat gain harder while a NP will shuttle the food you eat to your muscles, away from fat cells.

Mike

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
I would stick to the basic for now and get a decent protein blend (more cost effective and usually better tasting than straight whey or Casein), creatine, fish oil and maybe a multi. If you want some good snacks to have while you are going between classes etc., protein bars like the ones from Quest or Supreme Protein would be a nice additions too.

HATE

Awards
Ok thanks guys. I will probably stock up on protein and multis. I looked into anabeta and intimidate and they sound good. I'm really interested in how nmda helps with memory as that would be very helpful to me.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
-buckets of Whey Protein
-Fish Oil
-Multi-Vitamin
-ALCAR
-condoms (not to eat of course)

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
Peanut butter is a good gainer food. Used to eat it by the spoonful to put on size. Really hard to put in muscle without a well laid out meal plan though bro. Even when I lived in the dorms I cooked microwave chicken or George foremand chicken. But big bags of protein from SAMs can be affordable and effective

HATE

Awards
Yeah I go through jars of peanut butter like crazy. The meal plan I have on the campus is 14 meals per week. So thats 2 meals a day in the cafeteria and then I have some other food on hand like peanut butter, milk, fruit, and eggs. Also I ordered protein powder. And Im not looking to blow up with size. I'm a little over 6'2'' and I'm naturally thinner. I have a really high metabolism so I have to eat like a freak constantly. I used to be more muscular and stronger but over the past 5 years I've dropped down to 165. So I'm just looking to put weight on that i've already had and then just keep that and focus on strength. I dont really want to go over 190 but anywhere between that and 180 is fine with me bc I know what I look like at a little over 180.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is what i would do

Anabeta 8 weeks
Creatine (either clout or D Pol - Creatine nitrate)
Beta Alanine - i use PP but idk if its made anymore.
Pre workout - your choice. I LOVE superpump MAX
Agmatine - synthetic supplements. like 10 bucks

and lots of carbs! i have found that when i pay attention more to carbs vs protein i get bigger alot faster

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
This is what i would do

Anabeta 8 weeks
Creatine (either clout or D Pol - Creatine nitrate)
Beta Alanine - i use PP but idk if its made anymore.
Pre workout - your choice. I LOVE superpump MAX
Agmatine - synthetic supplements. like 10 bucks

and lots of carbs! i have found that when i pay attention more to carbs vs protein i get bigger alot faster
Yes carbs are amazing..work wonders for me.If and when i cut,i go down to about 100 gms a day in carbs some days 75..when i bulk and get to an avg of 300 gms in carbs a day i instantlt fill out.But im lucky,im not a hard gainer,which kind of sucks also in a way.I can get fat easily and put in fat easily, which makes cutting a problem has many times for me

Hajiroku

Hajiroku

Awards
  • Established
I go to college too bro. I usually just stick to good ol' eggs, sausage and toast with pb for breakfast.
For lunch and dinner I eat whatever is in the dining hall (my friend uses her unlimited meal plan on me.) As for supps I use intimidate, testabolan, fish oil, multi-vitamins, whey, casein, and Creatine. On heavy lifting days I use Hemavol + compete. I saw someone suggested TT-33. I use that during breaks to lean out and lose all that "college" fat. It's also good just to prevent fat gain.

P.s - i take at least 16 units a quarter (east asian language major), work half time, and use the four day split system for my lifting. So it's do-able; you just gotta figure out what works for you.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys I could use some advice on what supplements could benefit me while in college as a full time student. I'm a a thinner guy with a crazy matabolism but I do put muscle on if I eat enough and stick with heavy compounds and keep my workouts short and intense. I'm probably only gonna lift 3 times a week and workout no more than 45 minutes each time. Also i'm trying to stay away from anything that alters hormones. I havent used supplements for some time now but because of college life i'm planning on not being able to have the time to prepare several meals a day so I'm gonna have to make do with what "nutritious" food is offered in the cafeteria and try to fill the gap with quality supplements. Any advice would be appreciated.
Mrps will be a godsend. Some of the cage meals blow. They weren't all bad though.

HATE

Awards
Ok Im pretty much set with protein powder now and also I'm into the rift of eating in the cafeteria. Also I've kind of turned into a health freak and I avoid certain things like white flour and refined sugar. I used to eat tons of ice cream as a staple to my diet when I was bigger and I have never really had body fat. I've cut out alot of what is considered junk food. I'm wondering if eating this way has hindered my strength and size gains because I feel so weak compaired to what I used to be and people have even noticed that I've shrunk quite a bit, and I have attained tendonitis multiple times which made me take time off so I guess thats a factor too. And there have been times that I've gone hungry and skipped meals because I didn't have anything healthy to eat. And i'm not built like alot of other skinny people I know. They never seem to be able to gain any muscle no matter what they do and they dont even really have definition in what muscle they do have. And unlike them I can gain muscle and no matter what I'm shredded year round.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Id recommend you look into a gda. I would've loved to know what those were when I smashed plates of grub at the caf everyday. Glycobol, Slin sane v2, recompadrol are a few. Plenty others out there. You could just get na-r-ala if you would rather do that.

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
I don't know of anyone has talked about this, but as a college student myself I like Alcar+alpha lipoic acid. It really helps studying, and I've found it aids in stress reduction. Definitely a staple for me right now

REB3190

REB3190

Awards
As has been mentioned above, protein, multi, and fish oil.

R.E.B.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
As an aside, if you need an extra edge in your studies, I highly recommend SNS Focus XT (comes with 200mg caffeine or without caffeine) and ALCAR-500

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Alcar is a great ingredient to use when in a heavy semester. Focus xt always gave me headaches, not sure why.