Beta alanine depleats Taurine levels

squatting

Banned
Awards
I felt like I read somewhere that beta alanine de pleats taurine levels correct me if I'm wrong but if that's the case would it be wise to supplement taurine if you use beta alanine ??

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
From memory urinary excretion of taurine is only 20mg/d after consumption of ~3g beta-alanine. Nothing to worry about.
Whats that mean??? So if you took the 2 together,there would be no issues? Or should they b taken seperatley?

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
There were some concerns that beta-alanine causes taurine depletion so a scientist named Roger Harris decided to do a study measuring urinary taurine loss after oral beta-alanine supplementation and the urinary excretion was minimal. Regarding your second question there were also some concerns that taurine and BA compete for the same transporter.
Perfect,thnx alot...

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
There were some concerns that beta-alanine causes taurine depletion so a scientist named Roger Harris decided to do a study measuring urinary taurine loss after oral beta-alanine supplementation and the urinary excretion was minimal. Regarding your second question there were also some concerns that taurine and BA compete for the same transporter.
Yup. The one study (in rats) that raised this concern had the rats consuming a dietary equivalent of like 80g beta-alanine a day.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I felt like I read somewhere that beta alanine de pleats taurine levels correct me if I'm wrong but if that's the case would it be wise to supplement taurine if you use beta alanine ??
In my opinion supplementing with taurine in general would be beneficial. So cheap.