Is there a proven weight loss supplement you all could recommend?

TravisG_06

Awards
I'm just wanting to cut weight, and was wondering if there is a supplement out there that is proven to help weight loss.

It's mainly dull stomach fat.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Caloric deficit.
Or, manipulate hormonal signalling.

Diet first....

Aav2, recompadrol, and erase pro will yield some fantastic benefits for your goals also.

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
I'm just wanting to cut weight, and was wondering if there is a supplement out there that is proven to help weight loss.

yep diet/caloric deficit and cardio. Once you do that consistently everything else will fall into place.

TravisG_06

Awards
So basically no supplement at all, just diet, and watching the calories and excersizing. I just signed up for a 24 hour gym.

Are there any key foods you all would recommend. I'm going to do some serious grocery shopping.

I need breakfast suggestions, easy snacks, dinner options, and how many calories per meal (breakfast lunch and dinner) and snacks.

I'm at a point of desperation because I've always been fit by default. I never watched what I ate I just always played sports so it worked itself out. I'm 6 years removed from high school and weight 40 lbs more than I did my senior year because I sit at a computer desk all day.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards

As much as I would like to say there is...Well no supplement is gonna do any miracles unless you put forth the honest effort on Nutrition , proper Exercising and Resting.

I would say the best supplement to lose weight is Food+Self Control. And its not really about starving yourself, its about learning to diet properly and creating a caloric deficit smartly, from there on its just letting time role by and keep on steadily losing weight.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
So basically no supplement at all, just diet, and watching the calories and excersizing. I just signed up for a 24 hour gym.

Are there any key foods you all would recommend. I'm going to do some serious grocery shopping.

I need breakfast suggestions, easy snacks, dinner options, and how many calories per meal (breakfast lunch and dinner) and snacks.

I'm at a point of desperation because I've always been fit by default. I never watched what I ate I just always played sports so it worked itself out. I'm 6 years removed from high school and weight 40 lbs more than I did my senior year because I sit at a computer desk all day.
Work out basic kcal requirement
Reduce by 500.
Cut out ALL processed and sugary food.
Make a conscious effort to drink a gallon of only water per day.
If man made it, don't eat it attitude towards food.
Start walking or light exercise to gauge fitness levels

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
there are a couple "proven" supplemental ingredients but nothing on the market that i know of that comes in a blend and capped

That said, ECA is king

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
Sweat. Comes in a liquid form after you do HIIT for over 20 minutes

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards

i have been told L Carnitine is great,Fish oil and flax seed oil is great...Rasberry Ketones,which i tried with good diet and wasnt remotly impressed.

Key is very good strict diet,cardio cardio cardio and bust your ass with weights..thats how i always done it.Although supps will def aid in the process,but there not miracles either.If your diet is off and training is off,your wasting your money.

TravisG_06

Awards
Thanks for all the info guys, I really appreciate it.

If anyone has any certain foods that they make sure they work into their diet, feel free to post them. I could use the guidance.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Welcome to the boards it's been answered but having a proper diet, going to the gym an getting plenty of sleep alone should help you lots in the beginning. You'll make lots of progress without supplements, the diet will be one of the biggest factors though. There is lots of good stuff out there google is going to be your friend.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards

If anyone has any certain foods that they make sure they work into their diet, feel free to post them. I could use the guidance.
Broccoli,asparagus,green beans,chicken,fish and watch out and stay low on carbs....i do still eat red meat 2-3 times a week while cutting..so although im cutting i try to incorporate certain foods to help keep on some size cause i am only 5,8". skinny,thin,ripped..isnt my thing,i always likes bulk,but not fat bulk,if u get me..,plus redmeat naturally has creatine,so thats a plus.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards

Here is an example of my meals during the week now that i am cutting,its really the same every day and every week a basic change here and there.Maybe throw in more fruit oe mixed nuts each week...i still get my good fats from fish oil and flaxseed oil pills..

-meal 1 bowl of oatmeal and a greek yogurt/ protein shake and a nectarine.
-meal 2 broiled steak and chicken with diced up sundried tomatos and raw cauliflower and broccoli with a little oil and vinegar
Pre workout meal3::
-Meal3 protein bar and a bannana

GYM TIME

Post workout meal,meal 4:
-Meal 4 -1 scoop Protein powder in LF Milk or water with a carb(pasta or red potato) immediatly following gym
-Meal 5 (appx 60-90 mins) later)Chicken patty/ steak(baked broiled or grilled) with a few over easy fried eggs and greeen beans / broccoli.
Meal6- Protein shake before bed time...

With my money situation and making as much time as possible,i do my best.im happy with my diet.. when i bulk,there is more carbs and redmeats,whole milk and pb&j sandwiches ofcourse =] among a few other things... Hope this helps u out.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

It's best to start with what and how you eat now, and make changes to that than suggest a full diet plan

murk01

murk01

Awards
there are a couple "proven" supplemental ingredients but nothing on the market that i know of that comes in a blend and capped

That said, ECA is king
ECA, diet, exercise.
Will make a huge difference. Plus ECA/EC makes u feel great!
..slightly addictive

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It's best to start with what and how you eat now, and make changes to that than suggest a full diet plan
This is awesome advice. I see far better results by making smaller changes to how I eat currently. It is easy and can be very effective.

JosNYC

Awards

When I joined here my biggest challenge were the supplements and the approach but diet was easy as I am a easy meal kind of guy.

Things that I have done to make the meals easy are:

Boil a dozen eggs - use 1 table spoon of salt in the water to increase the boiling point. wait until the water is at a rolling boil then boil the eggs in batches of three or four to get a uniformly cooked egg. Boil approximately 5 minutes- this gives you a fully cooked egg white and a creamy yolk and add more time if you prefer harder yolk.

I tend to eat approximately 3 whole eggs every morning.

One cup of whole oats oatmeal-no of the instant stuff because it's full of crap. Jazz up the oatmeal with 1/4 cup of blueberries and 1/4 cup raspberries

One protein shake - myofusion is my favorite with two scoops of powder and 20 oz of water

Chicken breast are always easiest for lunch and dinner. I tend to season lightly with adobo and grill them a dozen at a time. Once they are fully cooked I move them into the freezer immediately to cool them off and resell half of them into freezer bags individually-easy microwaveable protein meal with out the hassle of cooking daily.

For lunch it's usually 4oz of chicken with two or three cups of raw spinach, 1/2 cup of raw broccoli spears, 1/4 cup of red, yellow, orange peppers with 3 table spoons or more of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar as dressing

Snacks are bananas, pistachios, blue berries, raspberries or organics dehydrated sulphur free mangos-stick to recommended servings for the mangos

Dinner is either chicken- already prepped ahead of time, steak in three oz portions or fish with asparagus, Brussels sprouts, or broccoli

It is actually pretty easy to handle all of this. I cook one day a week especially when it comes to eating chicken all week-sounds boring but it's easy and I prefer to allow myself time for bike riding, gym, sleep, sex video games etc...

From a calories perspective you'll be blown away, check it!

Breakfast:
3eggs = approximately 240 calories
1 cup of oatmeal- made with water, not milk = 300 calories half a cup is one full serving = 150
1/4 of blueberries = 20 calories
1/4 of raspberries = 16

Total breakfast calories = 426-576

Snack:
Protein shake = 300 calories - remember this is two scoops. 1 scoop = 150 calories.

Total snack = 150-300

Lunch:
3 cups of spinach = 50 calories
4 oz of chicken grilled = 130 calories
1/4 of each, red, yellow and orange pepper = 48 calories
1/2 cup of broccoli (raw) = 50 calories
1 tablespoon of olive oil = 120 calories - I prefer three. If you are counting calories pay close attention here because its easy to over do it
1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar = 1 calorie.

Total lunch = 399-639

Snack: banana = average size 6" = 100 calories, 49 pistachios= one full serving = 160 calories, blue berries one cup = 83 calories

Total second snack = 83-343

Dinner:

4oz of strip steak = 180 calories 8 oz steak = 360 calories
1 spear = 3 calories have at it enjoy half a dozen if you'd like or more

Total dinner = 192-372

In all the consumption of all that food can have you in the range of 1220 - 2200 calories, amazing! This leaves you with plenty of room to tweak the food according to your caloric needs. Remember all meats are grilled or broiled adding oil to the cooking process can increase calories at 100 calories per tablespoon.

If you stay focused with respect to the diet and get in 20 minutes of light cardio when you wake up and give yourself and hour of strength training in the afternoon/ early evening you' ll start scorching that body fat. Drink water shoot for a gallon a day- you' ll probably never hit it. The body can burn 500 calories per day processing that much water.

All the best.

Est1969

Est1969

Awards
  • Established
Work out basic kcal requirement

If man made it, don't eat it attitude towards food.
This exactly. For me, if I stick to whole foods only I can lose weight without thinking about it. No counting required. Supplements come in only after you've burned off all the excess fat and are looking for some help with those finishing touches.

weightsiwield

Awards
Cut in calories on diet, natural green tea roughly 5-6 a day

Im currently cutting and have dropped about 3.2 kilos in 4 weeks. I recommended incline walks aswell after your workouts

TravisG_06

Awards
Thanks everyone for all the advice, it's truly awesome that I had this much response to help me. That's hard to find. I'll be sure to update everyone on my progress.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Diet is the only supplement that will work.

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
Thanks everyone for all the advice, it's truly awesome that I had this much response to help me. That's hard to find. I'll be sure to update everyone on my progress.
I agree, lots of knowledgable people in here. I was going to ask the same question.