Olive Leaf Extract for Fat Loss

jxn

Awards
After reading about the studies showing that Olive Leaf Extract may increase thyroid hormones and enhance fat loss, I'm just wondering if anyone has tried it and gotten good results?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
NOW or any other reputable brand with at least 20% oleopurin? content. It's quite safe so one can play around with dosing.

Greenhulk

Awards
I have already been taking oleuropein for a while but just for the immune boosting functions in order to prevent getting a cold. I got 40% oleuropein in powder form, so I can easily dose fairly high. I think it helped me against colds (just broscience) but I haven't noticed any enhanced fat loss.

raptor2003

Awards
I have already been taking oleuropein for a while but just for the immune boosting functions in order to prevent getting a cold. I got 40% oleuropein in powder form, so I can easily dose fairly high. I think it helped me against colds (just broscience) but I haven't noticed any enhanced fat loss.
waiting for someone to say it's all in the synergy of ingredients that makes oleuropein so much better

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Beat me to it! -- As found in the new Alphamine

Oleuropein

One of the most underrated ingredients today, oleuropein extracted from olive leaves holds numerous fat loss activating properties. Extracts from olive leaf are some of the most thyrogenic ingredients available at a very small dose. In an animal study, olive leaf extract raised thyroid hormone T3 2.5 times above baseline!

In another unrelated animal study, oleuropein increased noradrenaline and adrenaline secretions, as well as uncoupling protein 1 levels in brown adipose tissue, leading to increased thermogenesis. What a perfect fit for this already thermogenic formula, oleuropein takes it even higher adding new mechanisms and a potent thyrogenic appeal.

Here is more:

Olive Leaf Extract helps damaged cartilage to heal more quickly

Olive Leaf Extract reduces stomach fat

Olive Leaf Extract boosts concentration of active thyroid hormone

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hmm... i wonder how substantial olive leaf would increase t4-->t3 levels if blood was measures before and during.....

Wonder how it compared to guggul, kelp, or 7keto or t2....

If it does show merit for legit metabolic boosting effects -- combining it with the likes of AndroLean v3, ECA (or otc fat burner) would yield a mighty powerful fat loss stack from different pathways...

-Matt

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmm... i wonder how substantial olive leaf would increase t4-->t3 levels if blood was measures before and during.....

Wonder how it compared to guggul, kelp, or 7keto or t2....

If it does show merit for legit metabolic boosting effects -- combining it with the likes of AndroLean v3, ECA (or otc fat burner) would yield a mighty powerful fat loss stack from different pathways...

-Matt
That is why we included it in Alphamine

Greenhulk

Awards
Oleuropein

One of the most underrated ingredients today, oleuropein extracted from olive leaves holds numerous fat loss activating properties. Extracts from olive leaf are some of the most thyrogenic ingredients available at a very small dose. In an animal study, olive leaf extract raised thyroid hormone T3 2.5 times above baseline!

In another unrelated animal study, oleuropein increased noradrenaline and adrenaline secretions, as well as uncoupling protein 1 levels in brown adipose tissue, leading to increased thermogenesis. What a perfect fit for this already thermogenic formula, oleuropein takes it even higher adding new mechanisms and a potent thyrogenic appeal.

Here is more: ...

Olive Leaf Extract helps damaged cartilage to heal more quickly

Olive Leaf Extract reduces stomach fat

Olive Leaf Extract boosts concentration of active thyroid hormone
Sounds really promising. But like I said, I haven't noticed any fat loss. Then again, I have to admit that I am currently not on a fat loss diet as my focus is on putting on more muscle mass while staying lean. Maybe in combination with a good fat loss diet, oleuropein can help with getting rid of body fat.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I take most of my powders commando (I don't cap them). What does the powder taste like? So long as it isn't ghastly (day, like ALA) I am OK doing it that way.

Greenhulk

Awards
I take most of my powders commando (I don't cap them). What does the powder taste like? So long as it isn't ghastly (day, like ALA) I am OK doing it that way.
I don't cap any of my powders. Oleuropein powder has a very bitter, pungent taste. I swallow it down quickly with some fruit juice.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds really promising. But like I said, I haven't noticed any fat loss. Then again, I have to admit that I am currently not on a fat loss diet as my focus is on putting on more muscle mass while staying lean. Maybe in combination with a good fat loss diet, oleuropein can help with getting rid of body fat.
Do you know what % your extract is? Standard extracts are 10-20%, but some are as high as 80%

uvawahoowa

Awards
Where do you get yours from? Google/amazon search isn't giving me anything...

Greenhulk

Awards
Where do you get yours from? Google/amazon search isn't giving me anything...
Google for mysupplements.eu, then the first link is the supplier I bought it from. It is a UK-based supplier though.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
40% is pretty good. The European extracts are the best so it looks like u got the good stuff.

If you can find something higher like 60-80, you can use much less powder

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
this shop mysupplements.eu is very hard to find by googling by the way. i was looking quite long for this item:

http://healthy-life-supplements.com/herbal-extracts/91-giant-knotweed-50-resveratrol.html

and finally found it in this shop. Thanks for the link poster!
just another curious thing: they are selling melatonin as bulk powder (min. amount 5g). does someone here have ever tried to measure 3 or 5mg of melatonin from bulk powder?? i have a scale that is accurate to 1mg but still think it could be hard to get the exact amount.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just another curious thing: they are selling melatonin as bulk powder (min. amount 5g). does someone here have ever tried to measure 3 or 5mg of melatonin from bulk powder?? i have a scale that is accurate to 1mg but still think it could be hard to get the exact amount.
Any reason why youd want bulk powder? You should be able to find a bottle of 100 5mg capsules for 3-4 bucks at a grocery store

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah the melatonin prices in europe are higher than in the states ;)

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I used olive leaf 20% at about 1800 mg per day (100 or so mg active). That's where it got nice for me

ingenierito25

Awards
1 gram of the 40% one (400 mg of the active) plus 50 to 100 mg of 95% forskolin (purecamp-95) seems a nice combo to look at :)

Miss Q

Miss Q

Awards
Good info.....I'm going to look in to purchasing some of this!!

jxn

Awards
Thanks for the info! I think I may pick up a few bottles and give it a try.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Heard a lot of discussion lately about Olive Leaf Extract. I'll probably pick up some Barleans oil on my next fish oil order. Can't hurt, right?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Actually, you can get physiologically relevant quantities of oleuropin through Argan Oil consumption

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Just pulled the trigger..... Barleans Olive Leaf Oil for $12..... couldnt pass that up.