Multi Vitamin

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
I have always kept it simple.Im not rich so i dont spend crazy money on supps and vits etc,but do get what i need.Im not poor =)....Costco and price club Multis have been great to be honest...

anyway looking to see what everyone takes.id like to spend some more $ and upgrade,but want only a quality Multi. My diet is strict and good and thats where i get most all my nutrients.But sometimes i dont get to eat enough of what I should,being out with girl or busy at work etc....

So some advice on what you recomend and why would be great.I hear a lot about orange triad and anavite,thats really all i see posted.But Im open to them as well. Either way,what ever i am interested in I will do my research.

thanks guys and gals.

cheers,
Jay

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
NOW Adam is fantastic! And priced amazingly as well

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
The new anavite is second only to orthocore, IMO.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
cool man..I hear a lot of talk about Anavite like i said. Im sold that Gaspari is a solid company,so it may be a good multi

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
I use mgn's and I like it. Great price too.

Sallenthornto

Awards
Am I missing something? I usually just take "one-a-day" muti-vitamin. never considered that there would be a big difference in brands.

Bill_Dwyer

Awards
I've never understood why taking a multi is more beneficial than eating fresh fruits and veggies. I've never felt better, burned more fat, or grown faster by taking one, the only difference I notice is that it becomes harder to poo, and I dehydrate faster. Maybe if I had scurvy, or beri-beri or something I'd take one, but as a first-worlder I don't think it is necessary.

I'm not being sarcastic here, honest, I just wonder if we haven't all been tricked into thinking we need these things. Personally I'm better off eating a salad and some fruit.

TaNkD Up

Awards
The extra nutrients and vitamins help our body repair and remain healthy. Weight training and cardio is stress on the body it needs all the help it can get. I use anavite I would definetly recommend it

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Am I missing something? I usually just take "one-a-day" muti-vitamin. never considered that there would be a big difference in brands.
I think I'm about to go back to that route as well.
Some beliefs are that the quality is inferior.

Mainevant

Mainevant

Awards
New Anavite? Never heard//

Personally I'm using NOW multivitamin and it works great for me.
Those tpy of product aint the most important. They can be helpful if your lacking in micro nutrient intake.

Jonbero

Jonbero

Awards
I like Animal Pak

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Controlled Labs Orange Triad

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Vpx medivin or NOW adam

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been off mine for over a week now. Just got sick again too. I wonder if there is a correlation?. I've stayed pretty consistent taking Now Adam for years now. I'm pretty consistent at getting sick though also. I don't go more than 6 weeks without catching a cold or something.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I've been off mine for over a week now. Just got sick again too. I wonder if there is a correlation?. I've stayed pretty consistent taking Now Adam for years now. I'm pretty consistent at getting sick though also. I don't go more than 6 weeks without catching a cold or something.
Trip to the ER?

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
I have used both Anavite and OT in the past 6 months and they are both good in different ways. That being said, I stopped them altogether for the last few weeks and haven't noticed a darn thing. I'm just trying to get all my vitamins form whole foods for now and will probably go back to one of the above soon. I have a few bottles of OT, so I guess it will be OT.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Spill the beans on this new Anavite.
I think the big change with Anavite is the elimination of artificial colors. Now the pills are more of a brown color instead of orange. Don't worry, your pee will still glow though!

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
Anavite and orange triad are both awesome products.

also check out iForce's new Athletic Multi: a complete formula with solid doses of vitamins and minerals that also contains macqui superberry (27,600 ORAC per single serving), CoQ-10, Calcium orotate, and it's very economical :)

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I will add that mutlvitamins are extremely overrated and I do not use one :).

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
28 servings iForce multi for how much$$?

as opposed to Anavite 60 servings around $30.00 ...and.. OT 45 servings $35.oo ...and...NOW ADAM 45 servings $25.00

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards

as opposed to Anavite 60 servings around $30.00 ...and.. OT 45 servings $35.oo ...and...NOW ADAM 45 servings $25.00
Anavite is really 30 serving if you take 6 pills per day which is the most common dosage I have seen. Just throwing that out there. Price comparisons on these products is difficult because they are all more than a basic multi. Most of it comes down to why you want a multi and what you expect to get out of it.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anavite is really 30 serving if you take 6 pills per day which is the most common dosage I have seen. Just throwing that out there. Price comparisons on these products is difficult because they are all more than a basic multi. Most of it comes down to why you want a multi and what you expect to get out of it.

Now Adam 90 servings for $24.99 plus shipping. Now that's a good deal.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
I posted why in my orig post..I just want an all around complete multi...i dont always get to eat the right amout of everything im suppose to cause im busy quite often,so i feel a multi is necessary in my diet,its always been..

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
it def does..thats prob what im going with...have a great health and nutrition store near me..that has plenty of NOW products.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I posted why in my orig post..I just want an all around complete multi...i dont always get to eat the right amout of everything im suppose to cause im busy quite often,so i feel a multi is necessary in my diet,its always been..
You don't have to justify it. Who really cares what other people think about multi-vitamins?. Really just pick a good affordable vitamin that is highly rated. I prefer Adam because it is in-expensive for what you get and I trust Now Foods. They are one of the best supplement companies and have been around for years. I would say they are my favorite supplement company.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
You don't have to justify it. Who really cares what other people think about multi-vitamins?. Really just pick a good affordable vitamin that is highly rated. I prefer Adam because it is in-expensive for what you get and I trust Now Foods. They are one of the best supplement companies and have been around for years. I would say they are my favorite supplement company.
really? I seen them around always and never thought much of them to be honest,but seeing a few ppl like them,i am going to show some interest... It seems affordable,which is why i like them.I really dont see the need n spending $40 plus on a multi,thats ridiculous man.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
really? I seen them around always and never thought much of them to be honest,but seeing a few ppl like them,i am going to show some interest... It seems affordable,which is why i like them.I really dont see the need n spending $40 plus on a multi,thats ridiculous man.
I am sure to get ridiculed and possible banned for this suggestion, but why not wait for the next $3 for $25 sale at *** and get 3 bottles of Mega-Men Sport? I know, I know. *** is over-priced crap but their multi's aren't bad and can be had for about $8 each on sale. Normal price is closer to $20. Just throwing out on option.

brb waiting for negs and ban....

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep I agree. Forty bucks on a mult-vitamin. I guess if your rich, or don't know how to manage your money than it might seem like a good idea.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
Yep I agree. Forty bucks on a mult-vitamin. I guess if your rich, or don't know how to manage your money than it might seem like a good idea.
and if If its cost efficient and effective,im happy man.

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
I am sure to get ridiculed and possible banned for this suggestion, but why not wait for the next $3 for $25 sale at *** and get 3 bottles of Mega-Men Sport? I know, I know. *** is over-priced crap but their multi's aren't bad and can be had for about $8 each on sale. Normal price is closer to $20. Just throwing out on option.

I know,i fkn hate ***,but honestly that is a steal man...and would be worth it no questions....Its not like you are saying I should buy all my supps from *** which if you did,id think you were a retard....I think i have bought a total of 5 things from there my entire life.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards

should be very affordable, I remember Vaughn saying should be on nutraplanet for around $16 or so, and we should be able to offer "health series" combo deals in the future

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
should be very affordable, I remember Vaughn saying should be on nutraplanet for around $16 or so, and we should be able to offer "health series" combo deals in the future
Cool & ty...i actually picked up Anavite,2 days ago..$35 is expensive...but Gaspari hooked me up like a month ago with about $80.00 of free supps,so i wanted to gift the anavite a shot...although after this depending how i feel im still going more inexpensive..

Stroke UR Ego

Stroke UR Ego

Banned
Awards
I've never understood why taking a multi is more beneficial than eating fresh fruits and veggies. I've never felt better, burned more fat, or grown faster by taking one, the only difference I notice is that it becomes harder to poo, and I dehydrate faster. Maybe if I had scurvy, or beri-beri or something I'd take one, but as a first-worlder I don't think it is necessary.

I'm not being sarcastic here, honest, I just wonder if we haven't all been tricked into thinking we need these things. Personally I'm better off eating a salad and some fruit.
Agreed, unless some SHTF and your starving there's no need

You may want to question them .. being synthetic http://www.forbes.com/sites/stevensalzberg/2011/10/16/a-bad-week-for-the-nutritional-supplements-industry/

hoot72

Awards

I agree here! I have been on Mega men energy for about 11 yrs and have seen great results in my sinus problem. I just got back into lifting and exercising in the past yr so dont know if it helps in any of that but I can honestly say that it has decreased my dr visists and medicine bills due to cold and sinus. I also feel more energy and overall feel better by taking it. I know alot of people bash *** but this and fish oil is all I purchase from them.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed, unless some SHTF and your starving there's no need

You may want to question them .. being synthetic http://www.forbes.com/sites/stevensalzberg/2011/10/16/a-bad-week-for-the-nutritional-supplements-industry/
That article is complete and total bull ****...

Do you get your daily intake of fruits and vegetables? Even then do your fruits and vegetables contain the amount of vitamins and minerals they used to?

I use a multi vitamin reason being that myself along with a SIGNIFICANT amount of the population do not eat the amount of fruits and vegetables they should. I'd be willing to also bet I eat more fruits and vegetables than most...

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cool & ty...i actually picked up Anavite,2 days ago..$35 is expensive...but Gaspari hooked me up like a month ago with about $80.00 of free supps,so i wanted to gift the anavite a shot...although after this depending how i feel im still going more inexpensive..

What the hell?. I thought you didn't want to spend so much money on a multi-vitamin?

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
What the hell?. I thought you didn't want to spend so much money on a multi-vitamin?
Lol..i didnt bro and not making it a reg to be honest..Reason why i decided to go with Gaspari is because about 4-5 weeks ago..they asked me if i wanted to try some of there products and i said sure...6 days later theres a BOX on my door step with 2- 1lb bags of protein,6 sample packs of myofusion protein,a shaker bottle, a 10 serv tub of super pmp,10 serv tub of size on..and all for free..so figured i owed it to them to b honest to give them a shot.im still most likley going with NOW Adam..Gasparis myofusion all flavors are awesome...price is fair for 5lb tub as well..will be my new protein powder as will sp maxx my new pre workout..I do wanna try Muscle Marinade one day if i like it maybe stick with it.it is cheaper