Sugar Substitute

kswiss

kswiss

Awards
What is everyones thoughts on Truvia as a Sugar Sub? It seems to have a good taste if you dont over do it but is it really any healthier?

chikthatlifts

chikthatlifts

Awards
Truvia is the brand name for stevia. Ive tried several times, just can't get past the aftertaste. I'm a Splenda whore.

drooks10

drooks10

Awards
  • Established
Truvia is the brand name for stevia. Ive tried several times, just can't get past the aftertaste. I'm a Splenda whore.
This. Splenda is the only way to go for me, too.

David
Team APPNUT

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
splenda tends to be a bit cheaper so i usually end up with that, but i do love truvia; that and trader joe's stevia are probably the only 2 that didn't have a bitter aftertaste (for me anyway)

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Splenda definitely tastes better but still has about 1/4 the cals of sugar. Truvia, on the other hand, is essentially calorie free.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've tried not just stevia but the flavored stevia blends as well and just can't come to like it. I do like splenda however, especially sprinkled on a bowl of berries.

kswiss

kswiss

Awards
i dont exactly like the taste either, and is pretty expensive for the truvia, il have to try out some splenda and see how i like it, im from illinois and cant give up my sweet tea

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Splenda is pretty good. I have tried both and tend to lean toward Splenda more. Some have reported headache issues while using Splenda; but I think that is at heavy usage.

MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
Dextrose. You can buy like two pounds for 5 bucks at ***, and it tastes great!

MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
Dextrose. You can buy like two pounds for 5 bucks at ***, and it tastes great!