best protein while cutting?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. New Member
    r1ppedup's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Age
    25
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    68
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    61.31%

    best protein while cutting?


    whats the best lowest fat protein to use while cutting? dont say lg sciences liptropic it taste like sand....im lookin for generally good taste, and not too much fat, im on syntha-6 now

  2. New Member
    Callejul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    152
    Rep Power
    4430
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    14.48%

    Check up on protein factory. So far I have not found better quality and better pricing than them. For the record I enjoyed LG sconce protein very much. Just saying.
  3. Advanced Member
    Jonbero's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    739
    Rep Power
    18086
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    0.45%

    Well, the cleanest protein source would be hydrolysate. But the price tag is just horrible so its not worth it IMO. I like Myofusion and use it most of the time.
    I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." -Muhammad Ali
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    kswiss's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Age
    23
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    469
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    30.78%

    cant beat good ol gold standard
  5. New Member
    r1ppedup's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Age
    25
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    68
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    61.31%

    protein factory does look pretty solid, fair pricing, just dont know what to go with really.....the lipotropic i had when LG first released it i gave away after 2 shakes bc i couldnt drink it, and the guy i gave it to gave it away again bc he couldnt
  6. New Member
    kswiss's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Age
    23
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    469
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    30.78%

    gold standard tastes really good, not sure what ur price range is but i get a 10 pound bag every few months for between 80-100 bucks, best to shop around look at what sites have sales going on at the time, i tend to use boddybuilding.com and vitacost.com
  7. New Member
    r1ppedup's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Age
    25
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    68
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    61.31%

    has anyone seen any difference in fat loss while using protein with bcaas or bcaas on the side? or if youve seen differences in both which one worked better?
  8. New Member
    kswiss's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Age
    23
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    469
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    30.78%

    i dont think that bcaas directly relate to fat loss, i do know that bcaas help slow down the accumulation of fat cells on your body, but bcaas are gona help you recover more quickly from your workouts so you can hit it just as hard the next day with out your soreness holding you back
  9. Professional Member
    warbird01's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  224 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,617
    Rep Power
    695951
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    30.14%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I like Trutein.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-GELS THE Prohormone alternative!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html
  10. Senior Member
    Aleksandar37's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,822
    Rep Power
    1236079
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    87.93%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kswiss View Post
    i dont think that bcaas directly relate to fat loss, i do know that bcaas help slow down the accumulation of fat cells on your body, but bcaas are gona help you recover more quickly from your workouts so you can hit it just as hard the next day with out your soreness holding you back
    Where the hell did you get any of that horrible, horrible misinformation?!
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  11. New Member
    kswiss's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Age
    23
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    469
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    30.78%

    im not able to post links so if you go to the anabolicminds main page and scroll down you will see the study saying bcaas slow fat growth
  12. New Member
    hassan55amg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    31
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    42.33%

    Either ON platinum whey or ISO pure
  13. New Member
    chikthatlifts's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  135 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    93
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    13.83%

    Are you trying to keep your carbs low? If so, Species Isolyze is pretty darn good in vanilla peanut butter. If carbs aren't a concern then trutein, Gaspari myofusion, or iforce protean (red velvet is awesome)
  14. Advanced Member
    drooks10's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    732
    Rep Power
    96788
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    61.13%

    Look into Beverly International Ultimate Muscle Protein.

    You will see minimal progress supplementing with BCAAs vs. not. It is going to be your ultimate overall caloric-intake/macros that determine the success of your cut.

    David
    Team APPNUT
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Appliednutriceuticals.com
    Are you ready for N.O. UPTAKE? It's a game-changer!
  15. Registered User
    RedwolfWV's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    51
    Posts
    3,258
    Rep Power
    1989
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    33.71%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I get mine from American Whey. $59.99 for 10 pounds. Best price around.
  16. Advanced Member
    cokeholio's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    604
    Rep Power
    26586
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    84.54%

    Quote Originally Posted by RedwolfWV
    I get mine from American Whey. $59.99 for 10 pounds. Best price around.
    Nice looks like my next pro buy
  17. Advanced Member
    drooks10's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    732
    Rep Power
    96788
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    61.13%

    Quote Originally Posted by RedwolfWV View Post
    I get mine from American Whey. $59.99 for 10 pounds. Best price around.
    They've had some quality control issues in the past. Maybe they've gotten it straightened out....

    David
    Team APPNUT
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Appliednutriceuticals.com
    Are you ready for N.O. UPTAKE? It's a game-changer!
  18. Professional Member
    kingjameskjf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,476
    Rep Power
    3250886
    Level
    71
    Lv. Percent
    65.23%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by r1ppedup View Post
    whats the best lowest fat protein to use while cutting? dont say lg sciences liptropic it taste like sand....im lookin for generally good taste, and not too much fat, im on syntha-6 now
    I felt the same way about lipotropic protein. I think you might be interested in VPX SRO protein. I like the Graham Cracker flavor and it has no carbs or fat.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  19. Diamond Member
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,729
    Rep Power
    2822614
    Level
    107
    Lv. Percent
    68.45%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by r1ppedup View Post
    whats the best lowest fat protein to use while cutting? dont say lg sciences liptropic it taste like sand....im lookin for generally good taste, and not too much fat, im on syntha-6 now
    surely not syntha, for cutting.
    altho, a powder shouldn't be the thing you focus on when cutting.
    much more important is your overall caloric intake, and macro ingestion.
    ie - if the rest of your diet was suitable, then you could prolly use syntha in a cut just fine.

    too much is made of specific brand when cutting.
    simply look for one with low fat, low carbs, and quality protein complex.

    Quote Originally Posted by r1ppedup View Post
    has anyone seen any difference in fat loss while using protein with bcaas or bcaas on the side? or if youve seen differences in both which one worked better?
    again - kinda goes in line with above reply.
    if you are using bcaas and the rest of your diet is in line, that's a great recipe for lean muscle building.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    Where the hell did you get any of that horrible, horrible misinformation?!
    yeah i saw something recently that he's referring to, dint bother to read.
    guy was quick to parrot that info..

    Quote Originally Posted by drooks10 View Post
    Look into Beverly International Ultimate Muscle Protein.
    Bev is always a solid choice, great company.
    just go ahead and shred your plans of a budget if contemplating utilizing their products.
  20. Banned
    WARBIRDWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,134
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    90.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I vote Isopure Whey Isolate (50 grams protein and no carbs or fat per 2 scoops).... also bulk Luecine. Both are low cal with no carbs or fat in them, just protein/BCAA, and the are the highest of quality. This should all be of concern if dieting/cutting...most of the "protein powders" have WAY too many carbs in them... Isopure is VERY expensive though, which is a drawback. I use it PWO only at 2 scoops (also 25g Leucine separately), then use something else on off days. Egg protein with no carbs added, or something comparable.
  21. Professional Member
    Torobestia's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,199
    Rep Power
    141053
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    0.3%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Is that American Pure Whey or something else? I ask because someone found that that brand of whey contained only 15% of advertised protein (LOL)...
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html
  22. New Member
    kswiss's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Age
    23
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    469
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    30.78%

    i also read about that somewhere, their labeling didnt match their products
  23. Professional Member
    Torobestia's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,199
    Rep Power
    141053
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    0.3%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kswiss View Post
    i also read about that somewhere, their labeling didnt match their products
    They used a bradford assay to measure protein amounts, and I know bradford assays are incredibly easy to conduct. I do them all the time, at least on a weekly basis.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html
  24. New Member
    kswiss's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Age
    23
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    469
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    30.78%

    ya, they say you get what you pay for, i mean looking at the label it looks ok but for a 10 pound bag for 60 bucks i kinda get the feeling something is not right with it, like i was buying some cheap protein from walmart lol
  25. Diamond Member
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,729
    Rep Power
    2822614
    Level
    107
    Lv. Percent
    68.45%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by WARBIRDWS6 View Post
    I vote Isopure Whey Isolate (50 grams protein and no carbs or fat per 2 scoops).... also bulk Luecine. Both are low cal with no carbs or fat in them, just protein/BCAA, and the are the highest of quality. This should all be of concern if dieting/cutting...most of the "protein powders" have WAY too many carbs in them... Isopure is VERY expensive though, which is a drawback. I use it PWO only at 2 scoops (also 25g Leucine separately), then use something else on off days. Egg protein with no carbs added, or something comparable.
    isopure is expensive, you are right..
    however, not "best quality" by any means my friend.
    old-school ion-exchange isolate has srs drawbacks. the bcaa content is high at the expense of nutritive properties of whey.
    why they continue to try to price that powder high when it is produced with first generation technology is beyond me.
  26. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,667
    Rep Power
    6857186
    Level
    99
    Lv. Percent
    43.38%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    isopure is expensive, you are right..
    however, not "best quality" by any means my friend.
    old-school ion-exchange isolate has srs drawbacks. the bcaa content is high at the expense of nutritive properties of whey.
    why they continue to try to price that powder high when it is produced with first generation technology is beyond me.
    I agree.

    Unless you are on a ketogenic diet, picking a protein based on a 2g carb variation is pretty dumb. I opt for blends, personally.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  27. New Member
    Callejul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    152
    Rep Power
    4430
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    14.48%

    Protein factory.......the worst part is 10 dollar shipping...... everything else is great. Love the 1lb German whey protein for 7 bucks....
  28. Banned
    WARBIRDWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,134
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    90.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

    I agree.

    Unless you are on a ketogenic diet, picking a protein based on a 2g carb variation is pretty dumb. I opt for blends, personally.
    Some of the "protein powders" listed in here have an assload of carbs in them actually....I'll stick with isolate PWO anyway though....regardless of carb content
  29. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,667
    Rep Power
    6857186
    Level
    99
    Lv. Percent
    43.38%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by WARBIRDWS6 View Post
    Some of the "protein powders" listed in here have an assload of carbs in them actually....I'll stick with isolate PWO anyway though....regardless of carb content
    Are you lactose intolerant? I can't justify spending extra money on an isolate when blends are cheaper, taste better, and are likely superior to isolate for promoting a net anabolic environment.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  30. Elite Member
    Whacked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,540
    Rep Power
    558950
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    48.54%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Im going to be honest with the OP.

    The answer is FOOD

    Nothing satiates you like REAL FOOD

    I gave up p-shakes awhile ago and never felt better and never lost an OUNCE of muscle.

    I also switched from 275 grams of protein including shakes to 175-225 (depends on the day) of FOOD based and I look better, feel better and Im not getting scammed anymore either.

    Im so done with the the hyped up P-shake marketing propaganda (AND the hyped up bro-science of needing ALL this protein to grow). It's ALL GARBAGE!

    Look. even a cheap azz can of tuna only takes 10 second to inhale and virtually ALL protein so save me the "i want something fast business"

    I got peeled for my summer vacation on lean meats and veggies with healthy fats. All real food.

    MOST supps are over-rated

    Good luck - just an OLD WISE vet trying to help you out
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  31. Banned
    WARBIRDWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,134
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    90.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

    Are you lactose intolerant? I can't justify spending extra money on an isolate when blends are cheaper, taste better, and are likely superior to isolate for promoting a net anabolic environment.
    Yeah get bloated from most proteins....isolate and egg white protein seem to work better for me. But not sure why a whey blend is superior to isolate? this is news to me.
  32. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,667
    Rep Power
    6857186
    Level
    99
    Lv. Percent
    43.38%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by WARBIRDWS6 View Post
    Yeah get bloated from most proteins....isolate and egg white protein seem to work better for me. But not sure why a whey blend is superior to isolate? this is news to me.
    I didn't say a whey blend, rather a blend of different proteins (milk protein, whey, casein, egg, soy, etc).
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  33. Banned
    WARBIRDWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,134
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    90.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Whacked
    Im going to be honest with the OP.

    The answer is FOOD

    Nothing satiates you like REAL FOOD

    I gave up p-shakes awhile ago and never felt better and never lost an OUNCE of muscle.

    I also switched from 275 grams of protein including shakes to 175-225 (depends on the day) of FOOD based and I look better, feel better and Im not getting scammed anymore either.

    Im so done with the the hyped up P-shake marketing propaganda.

    Look. even a cheap azz can of tuna only takes 10 second to inhale and virtually ALL protein so save me the "i want something fast business"

    I got peeled for my summer vacation on lean meats and veggies with healthy fats. All real food.

    MOST supps are over-rated

    Good luck - just an OLD WISE vet trying to help you out
    If i had an appetite PWO? Or first thing in the morning ? Id agree with you and throw all those powders out the window lol....and oh yeah also if i was never in a hurry again...
  34. Banned
    WARBIRDWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,134
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    90.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

    I didn't say a whey blend, rather a blend of different proteins (milk protein, whey, casein, egg, soy, etc).
    Ok...i take the isolate PWO only on WO days only. Otherwise its whole food or egg protein in the morning in a rush...isolate seemed to be the best choice...good quality whey and fast acting.
  35. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,667
    Rep Power
    6857186
    Level
    99
    Lv. Percent
    43.38%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by WARBIRDWS6 View Post
    Ok...i take the isolate PWO only on WO days only. Otherwise its whole food or egg protein in the morning in a rush...isolate seemed to be the best choice...good quality whey and fast acting.
    The speed of action is irrelevant unless fasted for over 24 hours. There is no anabolic window.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  36. Banned
    WARBIRDWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,134
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    90.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

    The speed of action is irrelevant unless fasted for over 24 hours. There is no anabolic window.
    Im fasted for almost 12 hours but not 24 lol.
  37. Elite Member
    rochabp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,193
    Rep Power
    216448
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    3.06%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    american pure whey- they have a clean cheap whey isolate that i love
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
  38. Diamond Member
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,729
    Rep Power
    2822614
    Level
    107
    Lv. Percent
    68.45%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    I didn't say a whey blend, rather a blend of different proteins (milk protein, whey, casein, egg, soy, etc).
    this.
    blend, for the win.
  39. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,667
    Rep Power
    6857186
    Level
    99
    Lv. Percent
    43.38%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by rochabp View Post
    american pure whey- they have a clean cheap whey isolate that i love
    You're probably not getting what you think you are.

    American Pure Whey Protein... personal experience with terrible results
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  40. Advanced Member
    808shredded's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    564
    Rep Power
    158083
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    23.36%

    Quote Originally Posted by hassan55amg
    Either ON platinum whey or ISO pure
    This
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Best protein when cutting?
    By liftbig74 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-26-2008, 07:09 PM
  2. what's the best routine while cutting?
    By jeff33333 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-14-2005, 02:10 AM
  3. Best Supps for saving muscle while cutting
    By cgb6810 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-09-2005, 07:35 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-27-2004, 12:21 AM
  5. Best Protein to use while on PHs?
    By EPe9686518 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-10-2003, 02:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in