best protein while cutting?

r1ppedup

r1ppedup

Awards
whats the best lowest fat protein to use while cutting? dont say lg sciences liptropic it taste like sand....im lookin for generally good taste, and not too much fat, im on syntha-6 now

Callejul

Awards
Check up on protein factory. So far I have not found better quality and better pricing than them. For the record I enjoyed LG sconce protein very much. Just saying.

Jonbero

Jonbero

Awards
Well, the cleanest protein source would be hydrolysate. But the price tag is just horrible so its not worth it IMO. I like Myofusion and use it most of the time.

r1ppedup

r1ppedup

Awards
protein factory does look pretty solid, fair pricing, just dont know what to go with really.....the lipotropic i had when LG first released it i gave away after 2 shakes bc i couldnt drink it, and the guy i gave it to gave it away again bc he couldnt

kswiss

kswiss

Awards
gold standard tastes really good, not sure what ur price range is but i get a 10 pound bag every few months for between 80-100 bucks, best to shop around look at what sites have sales going on at the time, i tend to use boddybuilding.com and vitacost.com

r1ppedup

r1ppedup

Awards
has anyone seen any difference in fat loss while using protein with bcaas or bcaas on the side? or if youve seen differences in both which one worked better?

kswiss

kswiss

Awards
i dont think that bcaas directly relate to fat loss, i do know that bcaas help slow down the accumulation of fat cells on your body, but bcaas are gona help you recover more quickly from your workouts so you can hit it just as hard the next day with out your soreness holding you back

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like Trutein.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i dont think that bcaas directly relate to fat loss, i do know that bcaas help slow down the accumulation of fat cells on your body, but bcaas are gona help you recover more quickly from your workouts so you can hit it just as hard the next day with out your soreness holding you back
Where the hell did you get any of that horrible, horrible misinformation?!

kswiss

kswiss

Awards
im not able to post links so if you go to the anabolicminds main page and scroll down you will see the study saying bcaas slow fat growth

chikthatlifts

chikthatlifts

Awards
Are you trying to keep your carbs low? If so, Species Isolyze is pretty darn good in vanilla peanut butter. If carbs aren't a concern then trutein, Gaspari myofusion, or iforce protean (red velvet is awesome)

drooks10

drooks10

Awards
  • Established
Look into Beverly International Ultimate Muscle Protein.

You will see minimal progress supplementing with BCAAs vs. not. It is going to be your ultimate overall caloric-intake/macros that determine the success of your cut.

David
Team APPNUT

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I get mine from American Whey. $59.99 for 10 pounds. Best price around.

drooks10

drooks10

Awards
  • Established
I get mine from American Whey. $59.99 for 10 pounds. Best price around.
They've had some quality control issues in the past. Maybe they've gotten it straightened out....

David
Team APPNUT

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
whats the best lowest fat protein to use while cutting? dont say lg sciences liptropic it taste like sand....im lookin for generally good taste, and not too much fat, im on syntha-6 now
I felt the same way about lipotropic protein. I think you might be interested in VPX SRO protein. I like the Graham Cracker flavor and it has no carbs or fat.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
surely not syntha, for cutting.
altho, a powder shouldn't be the thing you focus on when cutting.
much more important is your overall caloric intake, and macro ingestion.
ie - if the rest of your diet was suitable, then you could prolly use syntha in a cut just fine.

too much is made of specific brand when cutting.
simply look for one with low fat, low carbs, and quality protein complex.

has anyone seen any difference in fat loss while using protein with bcaas or bcaas on the side? or if youve seen differences in both which one worked better?
again - kinda goes in line with above reply.
if you are using bcaas and the rest of your diet is in line, that's a great recipe for lean muscle building.

Where the hell did you get any of that horrible, horrible misinformation?!
yeah i saw something recently that he's referring to, dint bother to read.
guy was quick to parrot that info..

Look into Beverly International Ultimate Muscle Protein.
Bev is always a solid choice, great company.
just go ahead and shred your plans of a budget if contemplating utilizing their products.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
I vote Isopure Whey Isolate (50 grams protein and no carbs or fat per 2 scoops).... also bulk Luecine. Both are low cal with no carbs or fat in them, just protein/BCAA, and the are the highest of quality. This should all be of concern if dieting/cutting...most of the "protein powders" have WAY too many carbs in them... Isopure is VERY expensive though, which is a drawback. I use it PWO only at 2 scoops (also 25g Leucine separately), then use something else on off days. Egg protein with no carbs added, or something comparable.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is that American Pure Whey or something else? I ask because someone found that that brand of whey contained only 15% of advertised protein (LOL)...

kswiss

kswiss

Awards
i also read about that somewhere, their labeling didnt match their products

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i also read about that somewhere, their labeling didnt match their products
They used a bradford assay to measure protein amounts, and I know bradford assays are incredibly easy to conduct. I do them all the time, at least on a weekly basis.

kswiss

kswiss

Awards
ya, they say you get what you pay for, i mean looking at the label it looks ok but for a 10 pound bag for 60 bucks i kinda get the feeling something is not right with it, like i was buying some cheap protein from walmart lol

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I vote Isopure Whey Isolate (50 grams protein and no carbs or fat per 2 scoops).... also bulk Luecine. Both are low cal with no carbs or fat in them, just protein/BCAA, and the are the highest of quality. This should all be of concern if dieting/cutting...most of the "protein powders" have WAY too many carbs in them... Isopure is VERY expensive though, which is a drawback. I use it PWO only at 2 scoops (also 25g Leucine separately), then use something else on off days. Egg protein with no carbs added, or something comparable.
isopure is expensive, you are right..
however, not "best quality" by any means my friend.
old-school ion-exchange isolate has srs drawbacks. the bcaa content is high at the expense of nutritive properties of whey.
why they continue to try to price that powder high when it is produced with first generation technology is beyond me.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
isopure is expensive, you are right..
however, not "best quality" by any means my friend.
old-school ion-exchange isolate has srs drawbacks. the bcaa content is high at the expense of nutritive properties of whey.
why they continue to try to price that powder high when it is produced with first generation technology is beyond me.
I agree.

Unless you are on a ketogenic diet, picking a protein based on a 2g carb variation is pretty dumb. I opt for blends, personally.

Callejul

Awards
Protein factory.......the worst part is 10 dollar shipping...... everything else is great. Love the 1lb German whey protein for 7 bucks....

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Some of the "protein powders" listed in here have an assload of carbs in them actually....I'll stick with isolate PWO anyway though....regardless of carb content
Are you lactose intolerant? I can't justify spending extra money on an isolate when blends are cheaper, taste better, and are likely superior to isolate for promoting a net anabolic environment.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im going to be honest with the OP.

The answer is FOOD

Nothing satiates you like REAL FOOD

I gave up p-shakes awhile ago and never felt better and never lost an OUNCE of muscle.

I also switched from 275 grams of protein including shakes to 175-225 (depends on the day) of FOOD based and I look better, feel better and Im not getting scammed anymore either.

Im so done with the the hyped up P-shake marketing propaganda (AND the hyped up bro-science of needing ALL this protein to grow). It's ALL GARBAGE!

Look. even a cheap azz can of tuna only takes 10 second to inhale and virtually ALL protein so save me the "i want something fast business"

I got peeled for my summer vacation on lean meats and veggies with healthy fats. All real food.

MOST supps are over-rated

Good luck - just an OLD WISE vet trying to help you out

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Are you lactose intolerant? I can't justify spending extra money on an isolate when blends are cheaper, taste better, and are likely superior to isolate for promoting a net anabolic environment.
Yeah get bloated from most proteins....isolate and egg white protein seem to work better for me. But not sure why a whey blend is superior to isolate? this is news to me.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Yeah get bloated from most proteins....isolate and egg white protein seem to work better for me. But not sure why a whey blend is superior to isolate? this is news to me.
I didn't say a whey blend, rather a blend of different proteins (milk protein, whey, casein, egg, soy, etc).

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Im going to be honest with the OP.

The answer is FOOD

Nothing satiates you like REAL FOOD

I gave up p-shakes awhile ago and never felt better and never lost an OUNCE of muscle.

I also switched from 275 grams of protein including shakes to 175-225 (depends on the day) of FOOD based and I look better, feel better and Im not getting scammed anymore either.

Im so done with the the hyped up P-shake marketing propaganda.

Look. even a cheap azz can of tuna only takes 10 second to inhale and virtually ALL protein so save me the "i want something fast business"

I got peeled for my summer vacation on lean meats and veggies with healthy fats. All real food.

MOST supps are over-rated

Good luck - just an OLD WISE vet trying to help you out
If i had an appetite PWO? Or first thing in the morning ? Id agree with you and throw all those powders out the window lol....and oh yeah also if i was never in a hurry again...

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Ok...i take the isolate PWO only on WO days only. Otherwise its whole food or egg protein in the morning in a rush...isolate seemed to be the best choice...good quality whey and fast acting.
The speed of action is irrelevant unless fasted for over 24 hours. There is no anabolic window.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
american pure whey- they have a clean cheap whey isolate that i love

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
Precontest/cut I use ON Hydrowhey or Isopure.

Outside of precontest I use 100% whey, Intek evolution (blend) or whatever else I feel like trying.

Casien at night (always)

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
This is why i just pay more for natures best...at least you get what's on the label....i never trust these cheap isolates
you really must have missed what i said in reply to you on p.1
imo, it doesn't get any cheaper than ion-exchange processing.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
I just like getting bulk protein powder, normally whey, and also BCAA's. I think its great to up your protein intake and help hold muscle while cutting.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
As in what product? what are you suggesting? i see more than half the posters agreeing on isopure
As in isopure. He is correct, you are paying for an inferior processing method. Isology, isoflex, etc are all superior isolates.

r1ppedup

r1ppedup

Awards
what i have been doing is drinking shakes for breakfast, and the only problem with tuna is the smell sticks around..i do some tuna at night or tuna sandwich if i dont have to taste for it, straight tuna for snacks....so really breakfast and dinner are covered but lunch is the only part of my diet that lacks....i may just start baking a ****ton of chicken on sunday and eating it for lunch

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
As in isopure. He is correct, you are paying for an inferior processing method. Isology, isoflex, etc are all superior isolates.
Oh so you guys got a hard-on for natures best Isolate....why didn't you just say so? we could have avoided much of this rigamarole :D....when I said "highest quality" I meant 50% the isolate was of higher quality than random whey blends (you say NB isolate sucks, fair enough)....and 50% of it was the company and its quality, and my trust in the company. I trust NB 10X more than any of those other companies to adhere to the label claims since they have been around forever....perhaps i'll try one of the other companies that get good reviews in the near future? maybe. regardless, its 25g Leucine PWO and 50g Isolate 30-45 minutes later for me, whatever company :D