BCAAs and fatigue

eddieSt.james

eddieSt.james

Awards
Hey guys, I always mix my BCAAs in with whey post workout, but recently also started taking around 5-10 grams in the morning on an empty stomach. I've noticed a major uptick in being tired. Could there be a correlation? I've always felt they were pretty harmless. Am I mistaken? Any insights would be appreciated.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So...your asking if bcaas are making you tired...id definitely look elsewhere (lifestyle changes) for tiredness. Stress, sleep deprivation, depressing events, etc. Highly doubt its the bcaas. Just my .02 though.

bono1132

bono1132

Awards
Like your taking them in addition to breakfast or instead of? Maybe add carbs to your meal or switch to whey before breakfast instead of bcaas

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
The only explanation I can think of is that you are insanely insulin resistant and release very high amounts in response to ffAAs.

drooks10

drooks10

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I've never experienced any tiredness from BCAAs supplementation. You sure there's nothing else going on in your life that could be contributing to your feelings?

David
Team APPNUT

eddieSt.james

eddieSt.james

Awards
Yeah, I suspect it's not the BCAAs. Feels like I'm grasping at straws. The low to no energy sucks though because I can't attack training the way I want. Thanks for the responses, guys. Doing some blood work now to see if anything other than "life" is going on.

bono1132

bono1132

Awards
Sometimes certain food allergies can cause things like this... Also there was a small article in m&d this month about how much fatigue you brain can cause you especially when dehydrated or lack of sleep, you could have some kind of bug or virus as well, I know on that rare occasion I actually get sick usually just wipes out my energy for a week even though I might have no other symptoms, try changing up the diet make sure your getting plenty of water and vitamins, take a little stim break or take off fat burner if your on one if that doesn't help in a day it two see a doc just to be safe

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
The only explanation I can think of is that you are insanely insulin resistant and release very high amounts in response to ffAAs.

Besides this, there is always the mind aspect of the supplementation that you used to take it post workout when you were more tired and now you take it pre-workout. Well, in relation to classical conditioning your mind could just simply be used to how you took it post workout before triggering you to think you're more tired than you actually are.

However,

Lifestyle is normally the #1 thing to take a look at.

smithouse

smithouse

Awards
If it persists, look into aminos with energy. I use them in the morning instead of coffee. Helps, especially when I dont get much sleep.