Enhance Bioavailability of Resveratrol

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.05%

Enhance Bioavailability of Resveratrol

There were only a few threads that mentioned the bioavailablity of resveratrol. Thought I might post the actual article if you guys are interested.

Abstract

Scope: Resveratrol (3,5,4′-trihydroxystilbene) is a phytoalexin shown to possess a multitude of health-promoting properties in pre-clinical studies. However, the poor in vivo bioavailability of resveratrol due to its rapid metabolism is being considered as a major obstacle in translating its effects in humans. In this study, we examined the hypothesis that piperine will enhance the pharmacokinetic parameters of resveratrol via inhibiting its glucuronidation, thereby slowing its elimination.

Methods and results: Employing a standardized LC/MS assay, we determined the effect of piperine co-administration with resveratrol on serum levels resveratrol and resveratrol-3-O-β-D-glucuronide in C57BL mice. Mice were administered resveratrol (100 mg/kg; oral gavage) or resveratrol (100 mg/kg; oral gavage)+piperine (10 mg/kg; oral gavage), and the serum levels of resveratrol and resveratrol-3-O-β-D-glucuronide were analyzed at different times. We found that the degree of exposure (i.e. AUC) to resveratrol was enhanced to 229% and the maximum serum concentration (Cmax) was increased to 1544% with the addition of piperine.

Conclusion: Our study demonstrated that piperine significantly improves the in vivo bioavailability of resveratrol. However, further detailed research is needed to study the mechanism of improved bioavailability of resveratrol via its combination with piperine as well as its effect on resveratrol metabolism.

FileHost.ws - Quality Free File Hosting & Storage

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.76%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Nice. I could kinda tell that NutraPlanet's T-Rez, which was pure Res and piperine, gave me more energy than other brands.
  3. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.69%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Co-administered quercetin also enhances bioavailability
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.31%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Will read when not at work.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

Similar Forum Threads

1. Bioavailability of glucosamine/chondroitin
    By AM07 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-05-2008, 04:55 PM
  2. Oral bioavailability of Exemestane
    By Fastflight in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-07-2007, 08:16 AM
  3. Oral Bioavailability of 4AD?
    By bigmark1972 in forum Anabolics