Some Agmatine/Pre Workout Help??

A

AmazingAJ

Awards
So its getting expensive buying pre workouts. Im wondering though is Agmatine any good for strength/endurance or just pumps?

For a cheap Pre Workout is:

Gatorade
Agmatine
Caffeine Pill

Is that an ok Pre Workout?

K

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
Sure. I like beta alanine agmatine and a caffeine pill

C

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It is fine and cost effective. I am not a big fan of Gatorade.
Agmatine really is awesome though.

rehj

rehj

Awards
So its getting expensive buying pre workouts. Im wondering though is Agmatine any good for strength/endurance or just pumps?

Gatorade
Agmatine
Caffeine Pill

Personally, I'd drop the gatorade. Too much sugar for my preferance. However agmatine and caffeine is a cheap and effective pre WO. As koko mentions, Beta Alanine @ 2 g twice per day (one dose pre WO if preferred) is a great addition to any home made pre WO. As for agmatine dosing some find their sweet spot to be as low as 500 mg while others, myself included, prefer to go to 1-1.5 g pre WO. I know some members on this board who go up to 2.5 g pre WO :jaw: . Just play around with the dosing and see what works for you.

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Stock up on SNS Caffeine Tabs and Agmatine Powder for cheap.

Gatorade to flavor the agmatine if needed, otherwise won't really matter.

A

AmazingAJ

Awards
I need to get low dose caffeine. No cplode is too much for me. 100mg would b cool. Anyone know where i cam get them? And **** pumps and endurance is all i need!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Gatorade
Agmatine
Caffeine Pill

I LOVE agmatine. Personally I find it gives a ton of benefits for a reasonable price (especially with the SNS 100g tub). As far as a cheap pre-workout made from bulk ingredients SNS Caffeine + SNS Agmatine should be great. If you don't have creatine right now tho I would suggest that addition to any stack (mono can be dirt cheap and MCC isn't too bad a price either) and SNS Citrulline Malate provides great pumps and endurance as well.

Just throwing some things out there to get ya thinking. ;)

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I need to get low dose caffeine. No cplode is too much for me. 100mg would b cool. Anyone know where i cam get them? And **** pumps and endurance is all i need!
SNS Caffeine Tabs are 200mg, break in half = 100mg.

A

AmazingAJ

Awards
Will order some. How necissary is citrulene? Also while i wait for Caf pills any one know where i can buy them at stores?

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Will order some. How necissary is citrulene? Also while i wait for Caf pills any one know where i can buy them at stores?
Citrulline Malate? It's not necessary, but it's a studied and proven supplement. 4-6g for pumps/aerobic benefits, 8-9g for recovery/anaerobic benefits.

Most pharmacies/stores will have No Doz or some other similar caffeine pills.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would add all of this up because your question was about a cheap pre-workout to which my answer is still yes to what you originally suggested. Once you start adding in all this other stuff, you have to question if it is still cheaper and, if so, if it is a big enough price difference to have to worry about making your own or carrying around all these pills. There are a lot of great deals online.

A

AmazingAJ

Awards
Thats exactly it. Agmatine and caf is good. But once i start adding other stuff it winds up being like 5 bucks less a month as opposed to 20 lol

A

AmazingAJ

Awards
How much citrulene do u really need to be effective?

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How much citrulene do u really need to be effective?
With what goal in mind?

Pump? 3-4g
Aerobic benefits? 6g
Anaerobic benefits/recovery? 8g

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
Best deal on caffeine tabs.
The 501 count bottle is a ridiculous value for all the caffeine a stim junkie could ever want. :D

I personally like taking ~.5-1g of our Agmatine combined with 6-9g of Citrulline Malate.

While Agmatine is great, Citrulline Malate is far and away one of my favorite supplements in our line - the myriad of benefits it provides are beyond awesome. One product that provides recovery, endurance, pumps, and some other nice extras too?

I'll take it - and for ~$25 for 300g, it's a hell of a good deal too. :D

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
more expensive then caffeine pills but i do focus xt with 6 grams cit mal 1 gram agmatine and its amazing

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The 501 count bottle is a ridiculous value for all the caffeine a stim junkie could ever want. :D

I personally like taking ~.5-1g of our Agmatine combined with 6-9g of Citrulline Malate.

While Agmatine is great, Citrulline Malate is far and away one of my favorite supplements in our line - the myriad of benefits it provides are beyond awesome. One product that provides recovery, endurance, pumps, and some other nice extras too?

I'll take it - and for ~$25 for 300g, it's a hell of a good deal too. :D
No better combination then agmatine and citrulline malate pre workout!

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
No better combination then agmatine and citrulline malate pre workout!
add gms and norvaline.. BOOM
I agree cit mal, agmatine,gms and norvaline makes an excellent pre workout concoction....... wait a minute I think I know one that has all these and comes in a delicious lemondrop flavor

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I agree cit mal, agmatine,gms and norvaline makes an excellent pre workout concoction....... wait a minute I think I know one that has all these and comes in a delicious lemondrop flavor
That's just Focus XT+hemavol :)

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
mattys4

mattys4

Awards
YEP!!!!!!
craze+focus xt+hemavol is off the chain
Thats crazy havent tried that combo yet but I do have all three on hand..... Things could get awesome on monday

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
That sounds like an awesome combo right there! I will have to try that out!
Do it!!! its awesome, cheap and effective

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Thats crazy havent tried that combo yet but I do have all three on hand..... Things could get awesome on monday
Invincible

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Focus xt is so affordable and awesome the stacks are limitless

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Focus xt is so affordable and awesome the stacks are limitless
Pretty much, now that stim-free is available, the stacks are double limitless.

soopamyko

soopamyko

Awards
iforce hemavol that is all

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
If I might chime in,
I am not a big supplement user.
Just a Multi vitamin and fish oil, and creatine,
I don't even use protein powder.
However since I can afford to experiment, if something looks interesting I'll give it a cycle or two. Well since joining this board three new supplements have become staples for me, and I will continue using them.
Agmatine, citruline malate, and beta alanine.
All are proven supplements, and I have noticed dramatic effects since I've been using them.
So there is my unsolicited, and unasked for
Testimonial.
Peace

Mainevant

Mainevant

Awards
For me the best combo - GPLC+Agmatine+Citruline+Cocoa Powder..INSANE PUMPS!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just a question: What are these values based on? Personal experience?
Studies (supporting the aerobic/anaerobic doses) that have influenced my personal dosing, thus creating personal experience as well.