Mass gainer suggestions

beast87

Awards
Hey y'all I'm just on the hunt for a new mass gainer. I just went through 2 buckets of bsns true mass and I only gained about 4 pounds give or take...and even then I can't be sure if those were true Gains or just bloat weight! Needless to say I wasn't too happy about the purchase and am now on the hunt for a new mass gainer! I'm lookin at either ONs pro complex gainer or Carnivore Mass. I'm open to any other suggestions though. My stats are 6'1, 200-205 and ~10-12% bf

-Beast

jjblacksheep

jjblacksheep

Awards
Anabeta and consistent calories over maintenance. You'll grow.

Jim2542

Jim2542

Banned
Awards
Consistent calories over maintenance. You'll grow but probably just not the way you would like.
Ummm care to explain? If you are lifting and eating above maintenance calories you'll build muscle....unless you know something I don't?

Greenhulk

Awards
Ummm care to explain? If you are lifting and eating above maintenance calories you'll build muscle....unless you know something I don't?
I just disliked the way you stated it without any further context. Of course, if everything else is in check, then this will work but there are just many guys thinking that just eating over maintenance including lots of junk food and lifting without a good program or without putting too much effort into it will do the job. Then, this will results in the so-called skinny fat look (potbelly, flabby look but still skinny arms and legs and no real pecs, shoulder or back muscles).

Jim2542

Jim2542

Banned
Awards
I just disliked the way you stated it without any further context. Of course, if everything else is in check, then this will work but there are just many guys thinking that just eating over maintenance including lots of junk food and lifting without a good program or without putting too much effort into it will do the job. Then, this will results in the so-called skinny fat look (potbelly, flabby look but still skinny arms and legs and no real pecs, shoulder or back muscles).
If one were to eat above maintenance and not exercise they would still build muscle. They would of course gain way more fat than muscle but the excess is Anabolic in that it creates the environment for growth. Add in exercise and you burn some of the excess to limit fat gain and you also stimulate the body to build muscle as a protective measure but muscle will be built with or without the exercise. Its just way less effective that way.