when to take any kind of anti-inflammatories?

dsohei

Awards
so for my IBD, i take a bunch of anti-inflammatories: curcumin extract, 5-loxin, occasional salicylic acid (super plain aspirin), traumeel tablets and lotion...

normally i take these with and between meals as necessary throughout the day. im starting a new workout regiment though, and don't want to derail my efforts, but i'll still need these supplements so... when do i take them? thanks

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
With meals.

You don't want your body to use all those for energy when your hungry!

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you haven't done so already I would recommend looking into Pepzin-GI.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
so for my IBD, i take a bunch of anti-inflammatories: curcumin extract, 5-loxin, occasional salicylic acid (super plain aspirin), traumeel tablets and lotion...

normally i take these with and between meals as necessary throughout the day. im starting a new workout regiment though, and don't want to derail my efforts, but i'll still need these supplements so... when do i take them? thanks
The first thing id be trying to do is get off any meds or aspirin. There are reasons why your body is experiencing chronic inflammation.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

chimeranD

Awards
Not going to add on the timing for anti-inflammatories. I do want to add that a altered diet can be set up to reduce IBS and other inflammatory diseases. Have you looked into an anti-inflammatory diet? It probably sounds like quackery to some, but you can reduce your symptoms without much help if any from medications. If people can cure their acne through altering their diets, I'd say it could help a lot with IBS.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not going to add on the timing for anti-inflammatories. I do want to add that a altered diet can be set up to reduce IBS and other inflammatory diseases. Have you looked into an anti-inflammatory diet? It probably sounds like quackery to some, but you can reduce your symptoms without much help if any from medications. If people can cure their acne through altering their diets, I'd say it could help a lot with IBS.
This is exactly what I was getting at. A shift from acidic to alkaline will resuce the inflammatory markers in ur body

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
All I was trying to say is to get away from the aspirin.... It doesnt make much sense to take something that has been show to cause gastrointestinal discomfort when your suffering from inflamed bowels. Plenty of homeopathic solutions out there that are comparable if not better than aspirin.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/press_releases/gastrointestinal-bleeding-from-coated-aspirin

Will have to look into this, I suffer from pretty bad gi inflammation that most of the time, detours me from living a normal life.

Mike

dsohei

Awards

dsohei

Awards
This is exactly what I was getting at. A shift from acidic to alkaline will resuce the inflammatory markers in ur body
acid/alkaline is total and complete bunk. the body adjusts ph on a moment to moment basis by breathing. "meat" is no more acidifying than a lemon is "alkalanizing". total mythology.

dsohei

Awards
i've self experimented for over 5 years, i'm not a new puppy to treating ibs/ibd with food, supplements and lifestyle choices. but the bottom line is facing tough truths. not all of us are genetically lucky and death and pain is inevitable. armchair quarterbacks need not apply, because they have no real first hand experience.

my question was not whether i should or should not take anti-inflammatories. my question was when to take them. i'm not interested in boogeyman theories.

dsohei

Awards
Will have to look into this, I suffer from pretty bad gi inflammation that most of the time, detours me from living a normal life.

Mike
good luck, it's possible to drastically reduce symptoms, depending on what kind of gi issues you have. my first step was to cut out all grains, legumes, and most dairy. then i figured out which FODMAP containing foods ****ed with me. then i used careful supplementation, such as magnesium glycinate, serovera, pepzin gi, 5-loxin, and others.

i can eat most animal foods fine and stick to grass fed red meat (and offal, bone broth, etc) and shellfish mainly. too much pufas in the poultry. i have a hard time digesting plant fibers and starches. simple sugars are fine, but maun fruits have fodmaps and are unripe, so i stick to juices like oj and strain out the pulp. also coconut products are generally good.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Mike
Mike I would a suggest a week of detox and introduce colloidal silver plus aloe. probiotics and apple cider vinegar may help as well.