lclt post-wo to avoid sweat smells?

dsohei

Awards
new to taking carnitines, and i'm starting an exercise program at my local circus center, and i don't want to smell like fish so is it okay to take lclt post workout instead of pre? or does that defeat the purpose of lclt in regards to recovery?

also, does this matter for other forms of carnitine? currently i'm taking 2g each of plcar and alcar in the morning per coop's recommendations.

SonicSWOLE

SonicSWOLE

Awards
  • Established
Carnitines should only make you smell like fish if you suffer from TMAU aka FOS. If you don;t suffer from these (as I do) than you are fine taking it whenever the hell you like.

dsohei

Awards
Carnitines should only make you smell like fish if you suffer from TMAU aka FOS. If you don;t suffer from these (as I do) than you are fine taking it whenever the hell you like.
no idea what those acronyms mean... taking the piss?

dsohei

Awards
No, take it preworkout.
thanks. guess i'll cross the fish smelling bridge if i come to it. hey cooper are you going to continue your top supplements posts? between you and doctor houser i was really able to fill in some missing pieces. (though i'm still shaky on timing, cycles and dosages for all these supps)

3utcher

3utcher

Awards
no, carnitine will make you smell fishy even if you don't have TMAU.

"2g each of plcar and alcar" won't make your sweat smell bad

no idea what those acronyms mean... taking the piss?
FOS = fish odor syndrome
TMAU = Trimethylaminuria

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
no, carnitine will make you smell fishy even if you don't have TMAU.

"2g each of plcar and alcar" won't make your sweat smell bad

FOS = fish odor syndrome
TMAU = Trimethylaminuria
I used up to 10g daily and no smell like fish.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Am.com

3utcher

3utcher

Awards
I used up to 10g daily and no smell like fish.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Am.com
i had that bad smell (that much than people were like "who put a salmon in his pocket ??") with 3g ALCAR and idk how much LCLT (>5g) on an off day.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive been using 3 grams lclt for well over a year and 5 grams when cutting hard and no fishy smell at all

3utcher

3utcher

Awards
Ive been using 3 grams lclt for well over a year and 5 grams when cutting hard and no fishy smell at all
that's not near enough to have any odor.

Did you use AI's LCLT ??
Cause that was the one i used ; until i realized it gave me bad acne, tachycardia and insomnia (wich didn't happened with NP's LCLT).

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Did you use AI's LCLT ??
Cause that was the one i used ; until i realized it gave me bad acne, tachycardia and insomnia (wich didn't happened with NP's LCLT).
Interesting never expierenced insomnia while using LCLT and I've only really used AI's.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

Did you use AI's LCLT ??
Sounds almost like your LCLT was...a stimulant.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
I smelled like fish until I started using it.

I'm kidding but I've never noticed any fish smells @3-4g a day. The powder just smells fishy.

Thepaul7

Awards
I can't use any supplement with lclt in it without starting to smell fishy. Would love a way to negate the smell as I have some supplements that I have had to give up.

3utcher

3utcher

Awards
Sounds almost like your LCLT was...a stimulant.
Yep, it's either spiked with stims or it's not LCLT but ALCAR (wich i have never megadose)
Thing weird is that that crazy stimmed feeling started about 6-7pm and i was taking it at 8am and 1pm.

3utcher

3utcher

Awards
Because of TMAU.
TMAU is the disease in wich the patient smell fishy, whether he's taking supplemental carnitine or not.
That has nothing to do with carnitine supplementation, everyone should have the odor at high dosage.

dsohei

Awards
TMAU is the disease in wich the patient smell fishy, whether he's taking supplemental carnitine or not.
That has nothing to do with carnitine supplementation, everyone should have the odor at high dosage.
What is considered a high dosage of combined forms of carnitine?

Thepaul7

Awards
According to my wife taking a single scoop of focus xt a few days in a row gives me the fish smell.

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
From 2g to 6g daily

another thing is that NP LCLT and bulk carnipure both have a citric taste, whereas AI LCLT have a cotton candy taste.
Im on my 3rd tub of AI's LCLT ive been taking 2-4 grams daily for 8 months at least now and no bad smell, insomnia or any side effects. Then again i haven't noticed much of anything from it but ill continue to keep taking, its so cheap.

3utcher

3utcher

Awards
Im on my 3rd tub of AI's LCLT ive been taking 2-4 grams daily for 8 months at least now and no bad smell, insomnia or any side effects. Then again i haven't noticed much of anything from it but ill continue to keep taking, its so cheap.
weird thing.
You probably get used to it, or got a different batch.

For the odor, that day i didn't drink much, and took approx 6g LCLT (AI's) + 3g ALCAR (2sc MAN Clout).
Non training day also

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know from personal experience that if you get your LCLT from Compete you will have no fish odor. At least I dont... Not even from nutra's LCLT which smells like rotten fish.

3utcher

3utcher

Awards
I know from personal experience that if you get your LCLT from Compete you will have no fish odor. At least I dont... Not even from nutra's LCLT which smells like rotten fish.
There isn't enough carnitine in it to have that effect.