Choosing the right supplements, advice needed.

way2slickrick

way2slickrick

Awards
Hello all, I'm in need of your expert advices. I just recently ordered myself some supplements and wanted to know if it was enough or is I was missing something. What I am trying to do is gain muscle mass. So here is what I have so far. I got myself some casein protein, whey protein, jack3d creatine and purple wraath. Now beside the obvious missing vitamins, fish oil etc, are there any supplements that are a must to have tht I do not have? Thank you all in advanced for your advice.
-Rick.

murk01

murk01

Awards
What's ur stats rick. Don't go crazy and blow ur wad right away. Training, Food and sleep are major keys to gaining mass.
But u deffinitly have ur basics covered. More then what u have listed will be the realm of opinion and maybe's....
Not counting anabolics

way2slickrick

way2slickrick

Awards
Murk01, by stats I am guessing my height etc correct? 5'6" Im pretty short, and 180lbs and thats all beer belly, 27 yrs old. I worked out alot before but the last time I injured myself down there you know and I have barely now recovered from that injury from almost two years ago, so I have just started going back to the gym about a month ago and am now used to lifting again.

Jim2542

Jim2542

Banned
Awards
Hello all, I'm in need of your expert advices. I just recently ordered myself some supplements and wanted to know if it was enough or is I was missing something. What I am trying to do is gain muscle mass. So here is what I have so far. I got myself some casein protein, whey protein, jack3d creatine and purple wraath. Now beside the obvious missing vitamins, fish oil etc, are there any supplements that are a must to have tht I do not have? Thank you all in advanced for your advice.
-Rick.
The casein was probably a waste when you can drink milk......

way2slickrick

way2slickrick

Awards
Jim2542, the tastes of milk really doesn't fair well with my tastes buds, but thanks for letting me know, I really did not know that.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As long as you do pick up some fish oil and have a good diet, you're good to go.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
What's ur stats rick. Don't go crazy and blow ur wad right away. Training, Food and sleep are major keys to gaining mass.
But u deffinitly have ur basics covered. More then what u have listed will be the realm of opinion and maybe's....
Not counting anabolics
This^

What you have is great. Purple wraath is absolutely great. I like the whey/casein mix shakes myself as well. The jack3d isn't my favorite but I crash from most prework outs with stims, and that makes for awful days at work... The less stims I use for my work out the better I feel the rest of the day, that's just me though.

Multis and fish oil are great for overall health, but missing them won't halt your gains.

Unfortunately the magic secret is really busting ass training and a solid diet. Everything else is just for a little extra umpf

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
MM11, thanks.
No problem. To be clear I am NOT recommending you do not use multis or fish oil. I just feel (especially with multis) that they are over empthsised. I would recommend a Vit d supplement (I also am from Ohio) and fish oil if you dont eat a lot of fish. I do so I don't see a need to supplement unless I want a little joint support.