why have i stopped seeing strength increase in the last month?

C

cor

Awards
Hey everyone I am 17 I have been training real hard since I was 15. I started out being a fat kid at 15 I was 242, I have transformed my body I now weight 205 and can rep my weight 30 times. I have been taking creatine protein (whey and casein)and a multi for 2 years I am stuck at these numbers and need help also I eat around 3000 calories a day 45% protein 35% carbs and 20% fat. I lift 4 times a week and do cardio 2 is there another supplements or anything I can take to bust this plateau.

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
More calories/carbs

Then, look into SNS beta-alanine and citrulline malate, as both have demonstrated, in humans, that they are capable of improving strength

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone I am 17 I have been training real hard since I was 15. I started out being a fat kid at 15 I was 242, I have transformed my body I now weight 205 and can rep my weight 30 times. I have been taking creatine protein (whey and casein)and a multi for 2 years I am stuck at these numbers and need help also I eat around 3000 calories a day 45% protein 35% carbs and 20% fat. I lift 4 times a week and do cardio 2 is there another supplements or anything I can take to bust this plateau.
hey bud us young kids need to stick together...check out my log...Whats your body fat, height, goals for the future.. what routine do you run.. and finally most importantly, im 190lbs and i need 4400 calories to gain wait. 3000 is probably way low.. do you plat sports?

Jim2542

Jim2542

Banned
Awards
hey bud us young kids need to stick together...check out my log...Whats your body fat, height, goals for the future.. what routine do you run.. and finally most importantly, im 190lbs and i need 4400 calories to gain wait. 3000 is probably way low.. do you plat sports?
This. I can almost guarantee you need more food. I only weigh ~170 and I'm stalling out with 3600 a day. Do you track your intake?

C

cor

Awards
thanks everyone and I am around 12% body fat and play 3 sports.

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
your basically eating enough for 3/4 of your body, a big boy like you needs 4500 atleast

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

are you bulking or cutting? if you are still cutting, its going to be hard to increase strength although it is possible. Also, how often do you change your training routine? i change every 4 - 8 weeks to keep my body confused.

B

boogyman

Awards
Another thing you may want to try is lessening your load in the gym. Between playing 3 sports, lifting 4 days and cardio 2 days, you are not giving yourself much recovery time. Maybe lift 3 days instead of four, and focus on the compound lifts. Sometimes less is more.

I work about 70 hours a week, and play basketball twice a week for cardio. When I am in the gym lifting I almost exclusively do compound barbell lifts, with the exception of a couple iso movments to help with lagging bodyparts (example, I am doing face pulls once a week to help with rear delts). I gain strength much faster when I "cut out the fluff".

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Another thing you may want to try is lessening your load in the gym. Between playing 3 sports, lifting 4 days and cardio 2 days, you are not giving yourself much recovery time. Maybe lift 3 days instead of four, and focus on the compound lifts. Sometimes less is more.

I work about 70 hours a week, and play basketball twice a week for cardio. When I am in the gym lifting I almost exclusively do compound barbell lifts, with the exception of a couple iso movments to help with lagging bodyparts (example, I am doing face pulls once a week to help with rear delts). I gain strength much faster when I "cut out the fluff".
good point. try DC training or 5x5. both are solid routines only 3 days

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
One other variable is how long have you been lifting without taking a break? If you are in the gym 6 days a week plus playing sports you may just need a week off to let your body recoup. Just like R1 stated you should change up your routine every 6-8 weeks and taking a week off seems to help sometimes.

jdg76
Team APPNUT